Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Despite being dressed like a soldier this one seems to be quite cheeky, no? "I am not a fool to underestimate others. Although I hope I am not wrong in assuming that a Servant would be able to defeat a monster that two meager mages managed to trap and lock down no?" He says with a sneer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Caster

Caster thought for a minute "Hmm I guess carrying these down would be kind of a pain maybe if we tied some rocks to the papers and dropped them down...Wait I've got it" Caster pulled out one of the note books and turned to a diagram of a saucer shaped vehicle "I haven quite ironed out concepts behind the interstellar drive yet but it should be more than up to the task of getting us across town." with that she dropped the notebook and began chanting causing the image to seem to glow and lift off the page.
Intention: Using Item Creation (Domain 6 local -1 flexibility -1 Simple Miracle -1) to create a flying ship large enough to transport present parties and materials.

Raymus

Somehow Amos wasn't reassuring despite his best efforts still there was one thing he could help with "Actually yes there is a place I would like to go, a library I'm sure you've been informed of the importance of servants in the grail war I however have yet to even gather the materials to summon mine."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Brooks, Alfred, and Saber; Warehouse

The manticore's face relaxed, from an expression of twisted anger to a calm suave. "They've been very naughty boys, kind lady." it says, it's voice relaxing back into relaxing tones. "I mustn't allow them to flee before they receive their proper mmmmh... punishment." it continues as it's eyes drift to Alfred's tender form. It smiles, then, with a flick of it's tail, fires a wicked spine, towards the boy. Alfred could see the glistening white of poison as the spike began it's deadly journey.

[Aspect 4 Miracle of Depredation + 2 Strike "Bond: My prey will not escape"]

Raymus, the Library

Amos gave Raymus a wink as he stepped out. "Keep in touch" he said with a half-salute. The dark library stretched up before the mage, and he felt the cold of the key the agent had pressed into his hand. This relationship might pay dividends after all.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 9, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Mulan

Saber turns back to her master in respknds to his comment. She offers them a deep bow while exposing her back to the manticore as you reply, "I am but a mere soldier of war, a pawn if the general, and a tool of the emperor. My worth is merely part of the success of everyone's effort." She remind in her resoectful bowing posture as she continues, "My dear master's manly virtue is surely a thousand times more worthiness than the inelegant bruth strength of this small woman. I would not dares to claim that My accomplishment as a woman can surpass the work of man, for the law od society dictakes the rise and dominace of man for a good heavenly reason." She rise back up and bow again, "Please pardon the misunderstanding that i may had cause. I do apologize for my inappropriateness that must had infringed your ires, master."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Mulan's speech remain uninterrupted to the very last possible moment as the spike travels past her and just milisecond before contacting the neck of her master that she send a quick slash of blade wind small enough to disintegrate the spike into pieces with such inhumane speed that no one knew she moved. All this time, she continues on her long speech as if nothing has happened.

Aspect 5 : Perfect unsheath, exact sized blade wind, and perfect unsheath out of perceiable sight.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Saber turns back to the Manticore after the she has finished her 'well-worded' speech to her master, she being a new speech for the monster. "Dear beast of hunger, I understands your desire to seek food to satisfy your hunger, and it is within your right as a wild beast to hunt for food." She waits for the manticore to agree with her before continues, "But as I am tasked by my master to Educates you, I shall ask you for a mere moment of your time to listen to my thoughts of the matter."

She stab her swords into the ground and lays her hand upon it. Her eyes downcast to the floor as she recalls the past in succinct narration.

"I was raised in a poor family with minimal substances of life.

Every day we have to work hard to barely satisfy the ever hunger.

Sometime we hunts in the wild to make up for the lack of food on our family table.

However, these roasted food of the wild taste as it is, without flavor and barely better than raw.

The greatest meal, then, was during the time when my family saved enough to go to the local restaurant once per year.

The cuisine of man is nothing compare to the likes of the food we caught.

The Peking Duck was sliced into thin meat on crispy skin, the seasonal out pour as I chew into the duck meat is so powerful that my tear flowed that very first time.

Truly, the greatest thing to satisfy hunger is food prepared by a chef."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

In a studio, in a dream

Pathan
Aum jumps off the piano and joins Pathan. Aisling can see her approaches, the dream is the only place she might ever gets to see Pathan’s magical imaginary friend in their true form. “You will not hurt my Pathan!” She states with killing intent.

Aisling
Aisling clenches her fists and steps back at the sight of Aum. “Heh, I thought you wanted to fight me yourself, kid!”

Pathan
“They are my friends and technically familiar, which is allowed in wizarding duel.” He steps forward together with Aum, “We are inseparable!”

Aisling
“Fine, it’s not like I haven’t fought multiple people before.” She takes two steps forward and wags her fingers, urging Pathan to make the first move.

Pathan
Pathan gesture Aum to use her magical attack! Dark aura of mana engulfs Aum as she blend into the surrounding darkness. Out of the darkness, dark bolt fires toward Aising.

Lesser Creation of Void: Magical Bond: Dark Elemental Delusion 2 + will 1 + Passion: Imaginary Friends 5 - 5 (instant) = 3

Pathan feeling reaches strongly to Aum and also to Aisling. She can understand his feeling to save everyone in the war even though that is a crazily suicidal plan, but she will follows him to the very end for his sake as she blast the enemy master in the darkness!

Aisling
Aisling crouches and leaps to the side, using her wind magic to make her movements faster than the bolt and narrowly dodging it. She holds out her hand, the air around it swirling in a vortex before taking the shape of a thin metal pipe which she grips as she rushes towards Pathan to nail him in the side.

Gradation Air 4 + Street Fighting 2 + I’ll Punch You In The Face! 1 +Will 2 - 5 Instant = 4

Pathan
The dark bolt was easily dodged by Aisling. She is simply too fast and professional for a simple spell to hit her… Even though she is drunk. Anyhow, Aum quickly readjusted the bolt to become hundreds of much smaller needle dark bolt that will now fires randomly at her to prevent the vile woman from hitting Pathan.

Aisling
Aisling stops in her tracks and waves her hand in an arc in front of her, summoning a barrier to take the barrage of bolts. “poo poo, wizards don’t gently caress around!” When the bolts stop coming, she continues her rush forward, wind gathering around her fists as she prepares to clock Pathan a magically-enhanced one.

Elemental Affinity Wind 3 + Street Fighting 2 + I’ll Punch You In The Face 1 + Will 2 - 5 instant = 3

Pathan
Pathan gives Aisling time to perform her magically-enhanced attack. During that time, he asks her a question for fairness sake, “Hey, this piano room is pretty small, do you want to change to a bigger field?”

Aisling
“Stop tryin’ to drag things out! You challenged me here, you fight me here!”

Pathan

Pathan said with a confident smiles. “Very well, it is your funeral.”

As sudden as he said that, a giant pillar of light beams down from heaven.

“Hi! This is Shering! Reporting for duty!” Shering does a little spin in her introduction as the surrounding air sparkles prettily.

Lesser Creation of Void and Water: Magical Bond: Dark & Water Elemental Delusion (2 + 2) + will 1 + Passion: Imaginary Friends 5 - 5 (instant) = 5 + 2 Strike (Chaos Law)

“Sherling, begin flooding this SMALL ROOM with your water to slow her down!” Pathan revealed his plan. Since this is Aising’s dream, and Pathan agree to it, their current space is that of a small piano room that is easily floodable!

“Yes sir!” Shrling summons up multiple fountain-like geyser from the air and flood the room to hiders movement including dodging on the floor.

Aisling
“Ha! You know what you get when you combine water and wind?!” She skids to a stop and slams her wind-enhanced fists on the water’s surface, channeling the wind into a vortex, becoming a tornado in the water and blowing a strong wind throughout the entire room. “A waterspout!”

Pathan
Pathan cough a bit from the falling and blasting damage that he suffered. He looks for his friends and thankfully they both landed gracefully and uninjured. Knowing his friends is fine, Pathan asks Aising, “Is this good enough for you?”

Aisling
“Yeah...I’m good for now. Put that effort to use in the real world and you might just have an ally. poo poo, I should be waking up soon anyway.”

Pathan
Pathan smiles as he relaxed. “Thank goodness, I thought I would have to flood the room.” He landed on his back and laughs happily.

Aisling
“We woulda just woken up, dweeb. Don’t expect me to go easy on you next time.”

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

As Alfred listens to Saber's longwinded introduction and the speech directed at the Manticore, he cannot help but think of something. Perhaps those eyes of mine should have fitted with the ability to roll to the back of my skull, as I'm really really feeling doing it so now. Still, he lifts a single eyebrow at the swiftness of her sword strike. Perhaps he will refrain from his plan of using a Command Spell to make her prattle less. "Adequate. Although I must ask you to stop talking about slicing ducks and to do some slicing yourself."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Saber turns her head over and ask, "How would you like your duck sliced?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

*exasperatedly* "Enough to make it stop moving! God's sake!"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The monster stares down Saber, perplexed. By preference, the manticore spoke to its food, not vice-versa. Annoyed and hungry, the best snarls with a deep, throaty rumble as crackles of mana crawl over it's spiny fur like static electricity. It's body curls and arches, as it raises it's head to the sky. What follows is not a roar or a bellow, not even a yell, but a silent, deafening scream. The air exploded away from the manticore like a hurricane, buffeting Servant and mages, and ripping the air from their lungs as it nearly threw them off their feet, gathering like a swirling heat mirage at the borders of the monster's magic. The monster grinned evilly as it stopped, pleased to see that the mages were already choking for lack of breath. The woman though...

[Level 4 Lesser Destruction of Air is in effect. Brooks, Alfred, and Saber each have on action to mitigate this before they are wounded by it.]

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

The Emperor is right. This young man is hasty, moving too fast to appreciates the lives that he left behind him. It reminds her of those soldier who life cut short by their impatient. "Very well." She obey.

She points her sword at the Manticore and asks, "Dear beastly being with superior manners, would you mind cease moving on the spot?" She cautioned kindly, "I would have to cut off every part that you move."

Aspect 5 : Chop off any part that moves until it cease moving.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

"DIE" the monster bellows with cacophonous fury, lunging at Saber in a mad rage.

[Sustaining Destruction of Air. Aspect 4 Miracle of Depredation + 3 Strike "In a terrible rage"]

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Knowing how to cut and slice raw meat is an essential skill of a housewife. First, your SLICE off the head of the creature to end its life as quickly as possible. Hmm, this beast is tougher than it looks. So, severing its tendons from the neck with one clean cut is the best way to prevent it from moving its head. Then, the nervous system of the creature's body would go wild from the sudden discharge of confusion. Normally your would leave the body to reorient itself, but since we are butchering a large animal with a poisoned sting, it's best to Slice the whole tail from the tendon ends and Slice off the poison sting as well. Lastly, Slice all four legs off its prime mover on each limbs to greatly impends its movement. Now the sliced creature needs to be knocked out before it is ready for cooking with its motion thresholds at exactly zero.

All these steps is easily completed in three seconds as shown by Saber.

Aspect 5 + Skills of my Mother 3 = 5 Major Creation of Disabling Large Beast for Food Preparation + 3 strike

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 10, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The manticore howls in a dozen voices, each in agony, as it collapses to the ground, whimpering. The beast's air magic is briefly disrupted as it screams, allowing Brooks and Alfred a few gasps of air before their asphyxiation begins anew. The manticore's voice becomes that of a sweet, sad child, "Please! I beg of you kind lady, spare this wretched creature! I know many secrets, and possess many treasures! All I ask if that you spare my poor life!"

[Manticore loses a Divine Health Level! Gains the temporary Affliction: Every tendon severed (3).]

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

"Then cease your foul magic, and my master might find it in his heart to spare your life."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Air slams back into the area in an ear-popping rush. The manticore whimpers pathetically.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Brooks

The Banagher scion gasps for breath as air rushes back into the area, dispelling his protection spell on the building now to free up mana for the summoning circle he'd been hastily drawing on the ground. He grabs the chalice from his bag--no time to find communion wine for it now--and slams it into the center, pushing what mana and concentration he has left into the summoning.

"O warrior of eld..." He hoped he had it right. Nobody ever said something as advanced as a summoning spell should be done under duress. From the way the circle is lighting up, though, he's surely got something going.

Assassin

The man, who had been playing serenely through the entire fight, as though not paying attention, turned to look at Pathan.

"Impressive. Was that the courage to threaten one's own dream-space, then? Or the folly of not knowing the consequences of one's power?" He chuckles. "You would do well on a stage, little one."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aisling, back in the real world

I fall off of the couch and wake up as my head hits the floor. "Ah! gently caress! ....Dammit, I'm not safe in my dreams." I sit up and brush myself off. "I guess I should get to summoning, then."

I set up a magic circle in the middle of the room, repeating the incantations Auroch taught me and focusing my entire being into summoning the Servant Rider from the Throne of Heroes.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Raymus

While Raymus wasn't quite sure what to make of Amos's promise/threat he couldnt deny that his organization had come through for him this time, not only did the library have several books of myth to serve as materials but it's basement was spacious to accommodate the ritual of summoning in relative privacy. With preperations out of the way Raymus began the ritual performing his chants as a faint glow seemed to radiate from a specific book among the multitude he had set out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

Alfred coughs as he tries to inhale as much air as possible. "A creature of deception, this is, but you did cut it enough to make it stop moving. Excellent job, Saber, but still please keep an eye on it." He walks a few steps back, leaning on a wall. "I'm not interested on treasure, but in information. Tell me what you know and leave forever, beast."

Berserker

A blast of light emerges from from Brooks' summoning circle, and a hunched figure can be seen in its center. It drops an object it carried in its hand, a pear made of solid gold, and turns its gaze towards the Magus. A tall and lanky long-haired man dressed in what once were luxurious and regal clothes, now ragged and worn, and whose most striking features are the equine horns protruding from his head and the golden piercing eyes that reflect its owner's insanity and despair. His voice is no more than a raspy murmur. "Servant... Berserker. Ready for orders."

quote:

Servant - King Midas (Berserker)

Keys:

Wild Oats
Heart: Greedy King, Idle Aesthete.
Shadow:

Aconite
Heart: Trying to let go of his weakness, Hopes to end his shame.
Shadow:

-Projects: Change his image from history, abandon his shameful greed instincts.

- Passions and Skills
- Passion: I want to become known as a wise king! (3)
- Passion: I regret what I did to my daughter. (1)
- Skill: Musician (1)
- Skill: Administrator (2)

-Bonds & Afflictions:
--Bond: A Servant must have a Master 5 (free/required)
--Bond: Mad with Grief (4)
--Affliction: Mad with Greed (4)
--Affliction: Cursed Golden Touch (3)
--Affliction: Horse Ears Complex (2)

--Estate: Legend of King Midas
--- The Wealthiest King 3
--- Disciple of Pan 2
--- Protection from Cybele 2

Attributes:

Aspect 1
Domain 1
Persona 5
Treasure 1

Gifts:

-Gilded Gift of Dionysius: Golden Touch (EX) (Persona 7, one target only -2, Simple -1, only works on things Midas touches with his hands -3.) 1

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Despite it's wounds, the creature cannot help but look a bit smug. "You would be old before I told all I know, good master. I know the secrets of the Medians and the Parthians. I have learned the forbidden rites of Bharat and Babylon. I have heard whispered the names of gods and beasts. Alas, I am you prisoner, and I will answer what you ask, gentle lord."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lancer

Aah, who has need of me now? One moment, I'm relaxing in the Throne of Heroes, then there's a flash of light, and now here I am in a musty old library looking at some poor nerd. I slam my staff onto the ground and face this poor man, tail swaying between my legs.

"I am the most magnificent Servant Lancer, and it should be taken as your honor to be my Master!"

quote:

Lancer, The Beautiful Monkey King

1st Key: Wild Rose - The Key of Something Different
Heart: I Am The King of Apes; And A Renowned Demon To Boot!
Shadow: Am I Woman Or Beast?; It's Hard To Blend In

2nd Key: Mimulus - The Key of Something Restless
Heart: Wandering Pilgrim; Eternal Trickster
Shadow: A Grueling Journey; Leaving Enemies Like Footprints

Projects: Show That I Am The Best, Make My Master Laugh

Passions and Skills:
Skill: Martial Arts 3
Skill: Guile 2
Skill: Arrogance -1
Passion: Anything for my Master 2
Passion: All evil must be stopped 1
Passion: Nothing wrong with a little fun 1

Bonds and Afflictions:
Bond: A Servant must have a Master 4
Bond: Always The Center of Attention 3
Bond: I've Got A Better Idea 2
Bond: Phoenix Feather Cap 1
Bond: Golden Chain Mail 1
Bond: Magical Headband 1
Affliction: On My Honor As A Monk 3
Affliction: The Spoils of War 2
Affliction: Evil Cannot Escape My Gaze 2

Estate: The Legend of Sun Wukong
Monkeyness Is Next To Buddhahood 3
The Journey To The West 2
The Great Sage Equal To Heaven 1
Unknown To Death 1

Attributes:
Persona 0
Domain 0
Aspect 3
Treasure 3
MP: 5

Gifts:
Ruyi Jing Bang, The As-You-Like Staff - [Treasure 6, Simple -1, Local -1, Limited -2 2 points]

72 Transformations - [Aspect 2, Automatic +1, Self Only -3, Limited -2, x2 multiple Estates 2 points]

Cloud Walking - [Treasure 3, +1 Automatic, -3 Self Only, -3 One Trick 1 point]

Perfect Body and Mind - [Domain 2, Automatic +1, Self Only -3, Comprehensive -1 2 points]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"Saber, this creature can heal quite quickly. If it tries any kind of shenanigans, would you kindly behead it with a single stroke?" The Magus politely says as he picks up a handkerchief and tries to wipe out the sweat on his face. As he does so he notices that Brooks has summoned a Servant of his own, and can't help but let a low grunt. "How you found us? Why are you, and rather, who sent you here? That's a good start."

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

"Stand by, Berserker; keep watch on that thing and make sure it doesn't try any funny business as it heals." A Servant on either side should dissuade it from getting any bright ideas if it's anywhere near as smart as it claims to be. Berserker looks a bit...skinnier than he'd assumed, but it's best not to underestimate any Servant. "I'm Brooks, by the way. Nice to meetcha," he says with a grin, before turning to the creature.

"In addition to that, tell us everything you know about who sent you. No squirming around with technicalities."

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Brooks, Alfred, Saber, and Berserker; Warehouse

"Scent?" the creature says, feigning surprise, "It would seem the fair masters already understand why I am here. It is no human, but the sweet scent of the children of the sunset calls such beings as myself to the hunt. I cannot speak their true names, for I do not know them. I lament my ignorance, sweet masters, but this I can say: if only I was the only danger that was called! If a daughter of the empty night descends upon your city, for despite their beauty, horror follows in their wake."

"That I might earn your tender mercies, however, I know a clue that might teach you more. Long ago a human satisfied my hunger, not with his flesh, but with a song. What bitter irony, for what he sought was beyond the veil of death! We spoke at length, the poet Orpheus and I, and he made passing mention to the nature of the primal night and her spawn. If his works survive, perhaps they might help you."

Already, you can see the manticore's wounds begin to knit themselves back together with unnatural speed. You have more time yet, but there was not telling just how much before it would press it's luck again.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"Ah, thank you, kind beast." Alfred says with a gentle smile before turning to Mulan and doing a quick throat slitting gesture. "End its suffering."

Berserker

Berserker gives an assertive nod and just stands in place, his slouched stance turning into a more aggressive one.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mulan

Saber frowns at his master unsightliness. "Master, it's important for a man to keep your words. Especially to magical beast and spirit, for their soul will lingers to spread the bad deed of your action to the rest of the world." Her sword remain sheltered, "No one can put their trust on you after that."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alfred

"*Groans loudly* I won't waste a command spell with this. Brooks, if you may?" Alfred is quite incensed at this point. Perhaps summoning Saber was NOT as advantageous as he wished.

Starting the Problem with Attitude story with Saber

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"This is perfect!" After taking a few moments to stare in wonder at the craft, Kendra carefully makes her way aboard it. "It is, uh, to the east of here. I will direct you. On the way, please tell me how you did this. Where did the inspiration for the craft come from? How much mana did it take to conjure? How many..."

The questions keep coming, interrupted only by occasional commands to turn left or right, until they are back at the hotel. Kendra has Caster set them down on the balcony next to her room, then ushers the servant inside.

"Can I get you some tea? We have much to discuss."

Rider

The first thing Aisling notices is the sound of galloping hooves, clanging metal, and valorous shouts, distant yet getting closer. Then a dark-skinned man mounted on a fine grey steed bursts through the very fabric of reality and lands in the middle of the magic circle. The horse rears back majestically for a moment, then settles heavily on the floor. The tall, uniformed man in the saddle calms the horse down with deep, gentle words, then dismounts by swinging himself off in one fluid motion. He looks Aisling in the eyes and smiles charmingly, then whips off his tri-corner hat and bows deeply at the waist.

"My lady, to what do I owe the pleasure? This is a dark night to be performing such rituals as this. Are you in danger? If so, do not fear. I will protect you. On my honor as a gentleman, I swear it."

Orbs fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 13, 2016

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Caster

"No that's alright you've done enough already this place is perfect though I hope they don't mind what the afterburners did to the tulips." Caster chuckled a bit before putting on a more serious expression "You know I've been thinking its a shame we had to meet like this with the war and all you would make a great assistant. Actually are you a researcher? you certainly know your way around mystical energies."

Raymus

"Lovely." Raymus said to no one in particular he would have to thank his overseers for their contribution to this rousing success later but for but for now there were present parties to attend to "So I take it you know of the grail wars however I regret to inform you that there are some erm snags in the program this time." Between the existence of this Ruler and the intervention of the government he and lancer had much to talk about "That being said I would imagine you would rather discuss things someplace a bit more spacious lets go upstairs ."

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"I am a researcher, actually!" Kendra gets busy making tea for herself, chatting amiably as she putters around the kitchen. "An amateur compared to yourself, I am sure, but I do my best. The unknown has always fascinated me, and I hope to make a great contribution to revealing more of said unknown, one day. I conduct many experiments and such, but my focus has generally been the human mind. The interplay of biology and magic within it is truly unique. What areas have you focused on? Which reminds me, what should I call you in private? Simply Caster?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling

"You know drat well what I want from you, Rider. Help me win the Grail War!"

Lancer

"Sounds boring. All that matters is that there's a Grail and I'm supposed to get it. So let's get to it, Master Nerd!"

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Caster

"Caster is good sounds dramatic you know" Caster smiled "I study existence of energies and entities beyond our normal comprehension and how they influence us we should compare notes sometime I mean assuming we get a chance with the grail war and all. Actually now that I think about it how did you end up joining the grail war in the first place you don't strike me as the sort."

Raymus

Raymus winced he wasn't expecting a lance wielding scholar but this was something he wasn't quite ready for still Lancer at least seemed to be ready and willing to perform her duty even if she seemed either incapable or unwilling to comprehend the possibility that it could be more complex then a walk from a to b "Your focus on the task at hand is most admirable but if nothing else I think you might be interested in knowing who we're going to be needing to vanquish before we can claim it."

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Brooks

Brooks eyes the creature, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not one for taking orders, but you've got a good idea there, bro. Just do me a favor and avert your eyes for a sec." He grins at his half-joke; it wouldn't do to have his Servant's powers out in the open just because someone asked nicely.

"Berserker..." He draws his thumb across his throat, shooting a glance toward the manticore. "Should be easy enough for you to do without revealing much, right?"

Assassin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbABjTs4v8

When Pathan awakes, it's to the sound of a J.S. Bach fugue being played on a harpsichord. The small, upright keyboard has materialized in the priest's quarters seemingly from nowhere, and Servant Assassin is sitting at a little bench in front of it, merrily plinking away at the keys at what sounds like near light speed, his expression communicating nothing strange about the rather odd situation. The mathematical precision of the eldest Bach always calmed him in uncertain times, and now is no different.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Kendra Brownell

"It would seem the Grail chooses who it wills, whether they are 'the sort' or not." Kendra collapses onto a recliner and begins sipping her tea. "I was drawn here by strange dreams, and I stay here because it is my duty. Mages who operate outside the approval of the Clock Tower cannot be tolerated. Possibly including yourself, were you not already dead."

The mage hunter sighs. "Nothing to be done about it now. Anyway, do you know anything of the nature of the Grail? Was it not destroyed? If so, how can any of this be happening at all? I must confess I am greatly lacking in knowledge about my predicament. Anything you can share would be much appreciated." Her eyes search Caster's face as she speaks, trying to figure out what might be going through her obviously capable mind.

Rider

"What tragic fate must have befallen a young woman such as yourself to force her into a Grail War? Of course I will fight on your behalf, though I do wish it had not been so."

Rider sighs and shakes his head, hands on his hips. "Please tell me what you know of my enemies, so that I may end this sorry affair as soon as possible."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

Pathan woke up feeling quite refreshed. Memories of last night's dream flow back into mind like the smooth music into his ear. That's right, he met the angry girl in his dream and won her approval. The duel also seems to taken the pianist's interest and he joined his cause as Assasin. They never really spoken to each other, but both have come to a sort of silent agreement communicated through the power of music - the univesal language of feelings.

"You are awake!" Shering pops out of the warm bedsheet excitedly. She is always the cheerful one and never let anything drag her down. It's revigoratinv to have her around, in fact- "I healed you with my water magic while you sleep! How are you feeling today?" His cat smile under the sunshine is the most encouraging thing to live for. She looks much more real in some sense that Pathan can't explain well.

"I am feel." Pathan replied appreciatively and pets her head. Today is Shering's turn to take care of him, and so Aum has gone back to her heavenly duty. It's ashame that they can't all be with him at the same time for some reason, but they could if his life is in great danger. It never crossed his mind that the risky action he took is partially due to the wish to see them all.

The music kept playing in the room, and he can feel that assasin is saying "good, morning" through his music, and somehow, they can converse their intention just like that. Pathan wonders if the servant would hide himself when the priest comes in, but the music will surely reveal the priest honestly to assasin, so there's surely no needs to hide from him.

Start Story: Imaginary Friends becoming Real

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
A small apartment: Father Omena, Assassin, and Pathan

Father Omena

"Ah, you're awaken..." Father Omena says, coming walking in from another room, "and you've um... brought guests!" he says, surprised.

"I'm glad to see you're ok. Ah, breakfast is just through here, if you want to eat." he says, indicating a small kitchen nearby.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pathan

"Thank you, father." Pathan stood up from the bed and finally notice the mana burn on his skin... Are those his magic circuits? He have s lot more than he thought. His returns his attention back to the priest after the brief inspection and ask, "Anything else happened after i passed out?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
A small apartment: Father Omena, Assassin, and Pathan

Father Omena

"Well, uh, Ruler summoned some sort of amazon as an enforcer, haha..." the priest says nervously. "And ah, apparently she's hidden weapons or something around the city. I haven't had time to think about it yet, really. I haven't even conjured a Servant yet..." The priest falls into a reflective silence as he passes out plates of french toast and tomato slices.

"The others all left afterwords. I don't know where they are now." the priest eventually says, sadly.

"What are you going to do?"

• Locked thread