Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
On my way to work in this pouring rear end rain and get a text from my supervisor "okay we are shutting down the agency today but you still have to answer your work phone"

HELL YES drove back home now I think I'm gonna shut off my work phone and play bideojames while it pours rain all day for the next 3 days straight and maybe gets real windy and floods or something but who cares my house is on high ground or what passes for high ground in Florida anyways lol

This is probably gonna be one of the best days EVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Read that as killstorm9

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You live in haiti op?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cool looks like that beyblade is coming 2 wipe ur shitstain off the map i'll miss u though u were a noble and misunderstood creature i'll speak at ur funeral saying how u weren't sure about the memes but didn't want to upset the balance u were in this life gay and will forever be gay inshallah ur gay

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

On my way to work in this pouring rear end rain and get a text from my supervisor "okay we are shutting down the agency today but you still have to answer your work phone"

HELL YES drove back home now I think I'm gonna shut off my work phone and play bideojames while it pours rain all day for the next 3 days straight and maybe gets real windy and floods or something but who cares my house is on high ground or what passes for high ground in Florida anyways lol

This is probably gonna be one of the best days EVER

motherfucker this is a tropical depression

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

motherfucker this is a tropical depression

ITS EXPECTED TO BE A TROPICAL STORM LIKE BY 1 PM OKAY WORKS CANCELLED gently caress YOU LOL

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I hope no pythons crawl into your house to escape the rising flood, OP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hurricane? barely knew her

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm hoping tomorrow is a hurricane day for us. It's extraordinarily busy for me at work today, co-worker decided to call in and I have to setup and monitor 2 video conferences which are his responsibility and I only half rear end know how to do it. Very stressful but hoping I can get in a late night of drinking not worry about waking up at 6 AM.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

we'll bury u in a shallow grave so when god decides to scrubbing bubbles ur shithole town again u can come back and poison the water

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

I hope no pythons crawl into your house to escape the rising flood, OP

sitting in my garage right now with the door open watching the rain while lazily cleaning my .44 magnum im kinda hoping the opposite to be honest

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've been in a lot of actual hurricanes.

With a bit of prep and if you aren't stupid enough to live in a wooden shack built on sand, they aren't generally too terrible. Just a lot of wind, a lot of rain, and it goes on for ages and ages. You'll almost definitely lose power. The aftermath is always the worst part--you could not have running water for over a month, the power would be out for multiple weeks, and that meant no A/C for really hot, muggy days following the storms.

They're wild. Not nearly as scary as tornados imo even if they are certainly more destructive.

Category 3 and 4's can be absolute monsters though. The sky goes almost pitch black and cars get dragged down the street.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Last "real" hurricane I was in the roof blew off while I was drunk as poo poo on rum inside, had to crawl to my truck on all fours (the wind would knock you over if you tried to stand) and drive to my buddies house to spend the night in his closet

I had to push the gas almost to full throttle to actually move against the wind lol what a time to be alive

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cool why don't u just chill and let god fix his error

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I love my dead gay state

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

last hurricane i went without power for a week because i live next to the ghetto :(

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Enjoy your day off playing video games. I wish I was you. May the storm turn your house into your tomb.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

sitting in my garage right now with the door open watching the rain while lazily cleaning my .44 magnum im kinda hoping the opposite to be honest

Man I am so jelly. I am dying for a garage to drink beer and watch rain from. Maybe smoke a cigar and listen to some talk radio. That would be so cool.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wish a hurricane would come and wash me into the ocean where I could drown peacefully

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bongwizzard posted:

Man I am so jelly. I am dying for a garage to drink beer and watch rain from. Maybe smoke a cigar and listen to some talk radio. That would be so cool.

I have a nice cigar all cut and ready, think I'll initiate hurricane protocols around noon and crack a beer and light up the cigar while listening to the SUPER SERIOUS SOUNDING NOAA MAN on the radio

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress hurricanes own days like today are the best :cool:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

I have a nice cigar all cut and ready, think I'll initiate hurricane protocols around noon and crack a beer and light up the cigar while listening to the SUPER SERIOUS SOUNDING NOAA MAN on the radio

I've done this but replace hurricane with 9/11 and NOAA man with newscaster

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Update: a bunch of power trucks drove by. Still have power here though! Sippin' on a brew and watching the rain go by. poo poo man I could do this all day (i am in fact doing this all day)

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
stay safe angry birds suicide

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
thank you friend

my county is notorious for the school district refusing to close even when it really really should and they closed for tomorrow, looks like ol' ABS is getting another day off after all whose gonna watch angry chick suicide tomorrow :hellyeah:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So what games you gonna be playing?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
what is rain OP

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
didn't you fuckers just get flooded or something lol

God's wrath for making fun of CA's drought :ca:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
nah that was the esteemed state of Louisiana, here in Florida public infrastructure is specifically built to withstand hurricanes and also we don't have major cities below sea level like some sort of Dutch retards so best case anything less than a "real" (ie category 3+ hurricane direct shot) is basically = to a snow day up north

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I've been in a lot of actual hurricanes.
and stored up the wind for your posts

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Work is cancelled for me tomorrow and it's not even a hurricane. This is great. I will be drunk and playing video games all day

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
you will be ok OP please enjoy your drinking

e: you too above poster

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The rain is getting much more intense :ohdear:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
how does rain work OP it makes no sense imho

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

KILLSTORM9

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

here is a handy guide for you

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/atmospheric/weather6.htm

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:confused:

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I live in Australia but have been visiting Florida for the past couple weeks. I'm meant to fly out from Tampa tomorrow. Hmm.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

It's just god peeing on us all, and he has a really big dilz, so there can be lots of rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
uh it's obv the chemtrails lol haven't you heard of HAARP

• Locked thread