Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was partial to the "September Games Chat: OUYA Was Our 9/11" title :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was given a review copy of Featherpunk Prime, its a combination of platformer and twin stick shooter where you are a cyber flamingo

the movement is a little like mega man X, you have a dash, you have the ability to walljump upwards off of one wall, you have a slide (I didn't use this too often), a double jump (which can be upgraded to a triple jump)

the levels are randomized but the game takes the Spelunky path of "get to level (X) and you can unlock a checkpoint to start from in future runs"

there are persistent upgrades but they aren't required to beat the game; though the enemies' HP goes up with each floor, their dmg to you (at least through floor 12) is the same across all floors, so if you want to play hardcore you should be able to beat it purely on skill. this may not matter to some people but it matters to me because I don't like Grind to Win games

you can carry two weapons and each new floor you can swap out one of your weapons for a new weapon. so far i've seen pistol, shotgun, crossbow, bouncegun, and minigun. I'm assuming there will be more as the game goes on (there are 48 floors in total)

the upgrades are things like max health, weapon dmg, reload speed, critical hit chance/dmg. you don't level up in the game; enemies drop cells (and there are tons of cells all around each floor to pick up) that get banked at the end of each floor. the first max health upgrade costs 2000 cells and I got 1300 in one floor just to give an example.

here's a boss, it's 3D not sprites but the animation is really nice. the aesthetic is funky and strange with intentionally clashing colors. the music is nice and reminds me of the old MOD/S3M scene but modernized

I thought it was cool. i dunno what the price will be but it comes out today. i've only played up to floor 12 so far. i'm wondering if more guns will come or what they'll do to keep the floor-based nature of the game from getting monotonous. they have been introducing more enemies at least

I also got a review copy of Big Action Mega Fight but there's a resolution problem with the latest update that they're working on to fix so I can't talk about that one yet

e: oh yeah, the game defaults to LB for jump, A to pick up weapons, X to reload, but you can remap the controls (I preferred A to jump, X to pick up, LB to reload)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 1, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

The Patreon model is taking off and I'm starting to like it.
Probably suits YouTube just fine too, if they don't play ads it stops people from yelling at YouTube's advertisers to stop hate speech when someone gets something they don't like as a random recommendation, and lets them keep recommending stuff to the patrons and freeloaders alike who come to see their videos. Also has that vague whiff of holding content for ransom which is a bonus for some

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thankfully most people who have a patreon seem to be aware that doing purely-subscriber-only content will gain them a lot of dislike. For most I've seen it's stuff like "get a video a day early" or "get behind the scenes making-of stuff" etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tinybuild's new game looks cool. a stealth roguelike with multiple classes that offer different playstyles to completing missions

http://streetsofrogue.com/

there's a free alpha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kicking off September with a big cup of coffee and nuclear throne. I'm still trying to decide who I want to try and loop the game with. I've been gravitating towards steroids because he will the be the easiest to maintain ammo levels with just a mutation or two, so I can expect a lot of variety in my runs.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This month I hope to finish off Dual Destinies so I can jump right into Spirit of Justice when it comes out. I'm already up to case 3 so I'm making good headway, but time will tell if I can manage to beat it in time between school, work, and if I decide to play another game like DOOM or #FE

Looking forward to the Nintendo Direct happening today, though!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

Thankfully most people who have a patreon seem to be aware that doing purely-subscriber-only content will gain them a lot of dislike. For most I've seen it's stuff like "get a video a day early" or "get behind the scenes making-of stuff" etc.

Get the uncensored and futa versions of this steven universe fanart at the 15 dollar tier.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition just came out with a crap ton of balance changes, updates, bugs fixes, and mod support. The best part? If you've already own Titan Quest/Immortal Throne on Steam you automatically get the new edition that combines both into one neat little package. For every one else its only $5 right now so I highly recommend it to any one that wants a ARPG that takes place in some place other then generic middle age fantasy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Get the uncensored and futa versions of this steven universe fanart at the 15 dollar tier.
We should pool our money, then we can share the art amongst ourselves.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BexGu posted:

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition just came out with a crap ton of balance changes, updates, bugs fixes, and mod support. The best part? If you've already own Titan Quest/Immortal Throne on Steam you automatically get the new edition that combines both into one neat little package. For every one else its only $5 right now so I highly recommend it to any one that wants a ARPG that takes place in some place other then generic middle age fantasy.
i might play it now cause nordic is youtuber-friendly and playing driftmoon got me into wanting to play ARPGs (specifically better ones, driftmoon is chill but its combat is horrible)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think one of the steps of reaching true spiritual enlightenment might be to stop worrying about youtube drama

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Hey people are talking about Titan Quest! I came here to post about TQ!

I'm finally thinking about playing it now with this anniversary edition. What are some fun classes? I like to play anything really in ARPGs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also i would prefer ARPGs with a controller but i think the only one i have that supports controller is van helsing, while TQ and Torchlight require M&KB :X

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm glad Wayforward is delaying Shantae because delays are good in the vast majority of circumstances. That's my hot take folks

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm playing too many games right now to worry about Shantae, but I hope she rests up before her big premiere

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

also i would prefer ARPGs with a controller but i think the only one i have that supports controller is van helsing, while TQ and Torchlight require M&KB :X

Play Diablo 3 on a console or, uh, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This month I hope to finish off Dual Destinies so I can jump right into Spirit of Justice when it comes out. I'm already up to case 3 so I'm making good headway, but time will tell if I can manage to beat it in time between school, work, and if I decide to play another game like DOOM or #FE

Looking forward to the Nintendo Direct happening today, though!

Don't forget to play the DLC case too! It's the best case in the game so you don't wanna miss it. SoJ will keep

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sakurazuka posted:

Play Diablo 3 on a console or, uh, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance?

Jeyne Kassynder Jeyne Kassynder.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's Septembers games of the month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9QWQNqWRg

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-TorPBrwY

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Kicking off September with a big cup of coffee and nuclear throne. I'm still trying to decide who I want to try and loop the game with. I've been gravitating towards steroids because he will the be the easiest to maintain ammo levels with just a mutation or two, so I can expect a lot of variety in my runs.

the dead body lootin mutant shootin venuz youthin rootin tootin luger totin ruger loadin bullet throwin way too long grenade holdin triangle

but steroids is my second favorite yeah. melting has the objectively best throne butt/ultra mutation but i'm still partial to yv's ultra a + his ultra bonus

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good morning everybody, happy first of September! I hope that the games everybody wants for this month are good and entertaining :)

Nothing this month I'm super interested in, at least not that I can think of off the top of my head. I know my fiancee still wants to get the newest style savvy, I think that came out at the tail end of August tho.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

the dead body lootin mutant shootin venuz youthin rootin tootin luger totin ruger loadin bullet throwin way too long grenade holdin triangle

but steroids is my second favorite yeah. melting has the objectively best throne butt/ultra mutation but i'm still partial to yv's ultra a + his ultra bonus

yeah YV still my only successful run. With hyper rifle and recycle gland and I could just hold his double tap, melt everything in a level and come out ahead on ammo :D

still havent reached ultra mutation level but it seems like something that you could only get in a loop or with melting. maybe ill drive myself crazy and try to loop with melting...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

do you have horror yet ?? his beam destroys enemy bullets + his passive is really good + his ultra Anomaly will help you get through a loop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

do you have horror yet ?? his beam destroys enemy bullets + his passive is really good + his ultra Anomaly will help you get through a loop

Yeah I have everybody but Rebel. I haven't played much melting, plant, or fish.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you visit all of the secret levels (except for the underwater one cuz it doesn't spawn enough enemies to be worth it) and get lucky enough to get a mutation canister on almost every level, you can juuuuuust barely make it to ultra mutation in the first round. Otherwise you usually get it by like the second level of loop #1.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm telling you for real again it's all about trigger fingers + long arms + shovel, especially on yung venuz. infinite ammo, near instant reload, hits multiple enemies, one/two shots most things

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

once you get endgame level the Real Deal is trigger fingers + super plasma cannon + laser brain if you're lucky. feels so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The plasma cannon kicks rear end, can't even imagine how badass a SUPER plasma cannon would be.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Good morning everybody, happy first of September! I hope that the games everybody wants for this month are good and entertaining :)

Nothing this month I'm super interested in, at least not that I can think of off the top of my head. I know my fiancee still wants to get the newest style savvy, I think that came out at the tail end of August tho.
September will mostly be spent saving my pennies for huge regret in October when PSVR hits

I probably shouldn't get it but I've had the order in this long and haven't changed my mind...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there was a weekly a while back that started as fish with super plasma cannon. spc normally takes 25 ammo to shoot and the non-back muscle energy ammo cap is 55. but fish's ultra Gun Warrant gives you infinite ammo for the first seven (?) seconds after entering a level :pray:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't forget to play the DLC case too! It's the best case in the game so you don't wanna miss it. SoJ will keep

Gonna defend that whale so good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

September will mostly be spent saving my pennies for huge regret in October when PSVR hits

I probably shouldn't get it but I've had the order in this long and haven't changed my mind...

What's PSVR? Playstation Virtual Reality?

Speaking of virtual reality, anybody know what's going on with the thing about the oculus rift supposedly being based on stolen software?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

What's PSVR? Playstation Virtual Reality?
Yeah that one, I didn't type out Playstation VR because :effort:

If nothing else it should be fun to play 100 Ft Robot Golf on it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't realize playstation VR was even going to be a thing. Or rather, I remember hearing it bounced around but I didn't know it was next month.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

According to my calculations and projections PSVR will either be a huge success or a complete trainwreck

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they said psvr support was possible for no man's sky which would be cool. probably won't happen though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

According to my calculations and projections PSVR will either be a huge success or a complete trainwreck
It's promising in terms of actual fun things to play, but the display quality is a little poorer than I'd like. Not unbearable, just not pretty. Still, it made me enjoy a lovely Battlezone game so that's saying something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

psvr will be cool to put on a shelf next to a gameboy micro + rob + steel battalion controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Virtual Boy

• Locked thread