Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
Sinclair
Sheridan
Hello old friend
View Results

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Just joking sheridan is the obvious winner. I did like Sinclair tho. He knew the goatman before goatman was popular. Goodbye old friend. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What the gently caress are you talking about?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
They must have built those sets out of absestos because like 90% of the actors who worked on that show are dead.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Sinclair made the ZX Spectrum, so I'm guessing Sheridan is the guy who started Commodore?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

https://youtu.be/TA2LjpfTcdg

NihilismNow posted:

They must have built those sets out of absestos because like 90% of the actors who worked on that show are dead.

:( https://youtu.be/h2UQ2l9NPIg

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

OctoberBlues posted:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

https://youtu.be/9VvbNqU_HaA

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

This Star Trek parody is poo poo.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

This Star Trek parody is poo poo.

https://youtu.be/q1gBLX7ihaA

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NihilismNow posted:

The guy who played Sinclair quit the show because he was literally going insane.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sinclair was not only a terrible commander but also a terrible actor. Just the worst.

Sheridan was the best hands down.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

NihilismNow posted:

Almost all of them were well-heeled over actors with drug/alcohol addictions or other physical issues. A few of them like Bruce Boxleitner and Pat Tillman are in superb shape and still look good.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Applewhite posted:

Sinclair was not only a terrible commander but also a terrible actor. Just the worst.

Sheridan was the best hands down.

Agreed about sheridan but I liked sinclair. He had a calm, paternal way of speaking that I enjoyed and which makes me curious what it would have been like if he was the one who got to be jesus instead of sheridan. Too bad he was too busy having a mental breakdown to try.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

muscles like this? posted:

The guy who played Sinclair quit the show because he was literally going insane.

Dude is legit schizophrenic (why he comes off always so emotionally flat) and I think read something about being an alcoholic which led to him leaving.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Nathilus posted:

Agreed about sheridan but I liked sinclair. He had a calm, paternal way of speaking that I enjoyed and which makes me curious what it would have been like if he was the one who got to be jesus instead of sheridan. Too bad he was too busy having a mental breakdown to try.

Well, he did get to be Minbari Jesus.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

CharlesM posted:

Well, he did get to be Minbari Jesus.

True that.

Here's that interview about his illness. https://youtu.be/AwyAo_YjtdM

This is my greatest fear. To be losing your mind and KNOW its happening is utterly horrific to me.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Sinclair Lewis is the man so I'm gonna have to back him.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Sinclair, he went all spiritual and had a nice comeback with all those ships and stuff.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kinda reminds me of the Advocacy in the War of the Worlds TV series. Man, season two of that SUCKED.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
When B5 first started I watched it every week, but got distracted and stopped watching and when I came back, I was like "This is a different actor! gently caress this stupid show!" And decided against watching it. I keep meaning to go back and watch it, but I don't.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

Kinda reminds me of the Advocacy in the War of the Worlds TV series. Man, season two of that SUCKED.

Cool thing about that scene is that since the show's narrative was pre-thought out, there are a LOT of hints about what is going to happen in it. Not that you'll get them the first time.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I liked how the B5 spin offs were so terrible that they'd bring in popular characters from the main series for no loving reason. Like there would be a lovely scene and that lizard guy would walk on and say "Hi I'm that lizard dude you liked" then walk out even when it made no sense at all in the story.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Sinclair's absence is profoundly felt at the beginning - it's all "who the gently caress is this new guy, I don't like him". It took me a lot longer to warm up to sheridan, like he was an annoying new kid at school trying to sit at my table.

Still, in the end, he was a hero. He earned my respect.

Apparently Michael O'hare was suffering with severe schizophrenia and barely knew where he was on set. He was really suffering. JMS wasn't willing to share that very personal thing, and all sorts of rumors cropped up about why he left. Like "he was sexually harassing crew members" and whatnot. Pretty tragic thing really.

RIP Andreas Katsulas as well. G'kar was too good for this world.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Shawn posted:

When B5 first started I watched it every week, but got distracted and stopped watching and when I came back, I was like "This is a different actor! gently caress this stupid show!" And decided against watching it. I keep meaning to go back and watch it, but I don't.

I feel you. I didn't like sheridan at all, at first. But seriously, go back and goddamn watch this. The characters get developed like crazy and giant cool cgi war scenes happen. The two ending episodes (falling toward apotheosis and sleeping in light) are up there with all good things, too.

https://youtu.be/t8MjQ5Z7ZNo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shawn posted:

Actually the new actor was a huge improvement.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I feel like I need to mention this now that I've referenced the episode. In one of the bookend episodes, the crew is rezzed as holodeck characters by a fascist goverment in the far future, for the purpose of smearing them and the era of history they are from. But they so baller they talk a lot of poo poo, hack his gibson, and gently caress the goverment over before peaceing out and deactivating themselves. It's so drat good.

The ultimate ending of the show is hella cool too. https://youtu.be/9SRkjOL3tNM

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
They will redo this and it will be glorious. Imagine babby not made on an amiga.

To all sci fi nerds, this is a batsignal for you to watch this.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 31, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FunkyFlashman posted:

They will redo this and it will be glorious. Imagine babby not made on an amiga.

I hope it's as good as the new BSG was.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

FunkyFlashman posted:

man I can't imagine another g'kar :smith:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Applewhite posted:

Actually the new actor was a huge improvement.

Ultimately true but he takes a while to find his place. I specifically remember having the same reaction of "who the poo poo is this clown?" at first. He comes across as a stupid, angry jock compared to sinclair at first.

Also, drat, talking about those bookend eps has reminded me of how good the episode naming in this show was. Besides the ones I've mentioned, "deconstruction of falling stars" and "meditations on the abyss" come to mind. Someone had a poetic streak. But "falling toward apotheosis" is my favorite episode title. It's just clever and classy as hell.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

G'kar and Molari. Like Batman and Joker. But whos the Joker and who of them is Batman. Mortal enemy,rival,friend,bro all in one.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 31, 2016

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
voted zathras

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Or londo for that matter. Or delenn and her weird as gently caress but pefectly fitting accent.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
put em both into a teleporter and you can get the best of both worlds

shinclairidan

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
remember when they wrote a plot that would cut almost all the makeup time off of delenn

i bet gkars actor was pissed

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

FunkyFlashman posted:

G'kar and Molari. Like batman and joker. But whos the joker and who of them is batman. Mortal enemy,rival,friend,bro enemy all in one.

G'kar's hate boner for londo is so perfect that it's almost sad how he learns forgiveness and poo poo even though his enlightenment is played perfectly. MOLLAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!! :argh:

https://youtu.be/pD-SJh8szjA

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

G'kar and Molari. Like Batman and Joker. But whos the Joker and who of them is Batman. Mortal enemy,rival,friend,bro enemy all in one.

Those two were the Kirk-Spock-Bones conflict/emotional core of the show. And Vir's slow development is a fantastic arc to watch.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
The londo - g'kar character development is still the best. loving awesome roles.
The scene where londo sets up Refa to be killed by the narn. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Or when londo nukes his own world to kill the shadows on the island. Awesome dialog with morden right there. Londo is the poo poo

• Locked thread