Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

e: chat thread words
chat go here
project car poo poo go in other threads
gronk fix car

kastein fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Sweet, it's not even noon here on the 31st yet. Hello new thread!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm not sure I've ever stopped fixing rust. It dogs me, like a half-conscious memory of embarrassing yourself at a party.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I brought the 3M extra strong exterior double faced tape to work today so I can put my fender flares back on the new Forester aka fix rust by hiding it.

Gonna be great.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm 100% stoked for September, a.k.a my grueling month of travel. Two weddings and a week on site at work here we come!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The weather has finally kicked down from 85+ degree early-morning lows and 115 degree highs, so, yeah it's about nice enough out again to fix poo poo.

Except no rust :smuggo:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

The weather has finally kicked down from 85+ degree early-morning lows and 115 degree highs, so, yeah it's about nice enough out again to fix poo poo.

Except no rust :smuggo:

Move from that godforsaken place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress August, September (hopefully) RULES.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
HELLO PEOPLE OF TOMORROW LAND.
HOW IS THE WEATHER OVER THERE?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you're talking about Los Angeles it's muggy as gently caress.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

drat you future people

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

I brought the 3M extra strong exterior double faced tape to work today so I can put my fender flares back on the new Forester aka fix rust by hiding it.

Gonna be great.
I was on hold for 25 minutes with 3M today and then someone picked up only to say "Oops I didnt mean to pick up can we call you back?"

Wasn't great.

Posting for bookmark.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Yay September! September should be pretty chill and let me make progress on the car. October is going to be a clusterfuck of travel, installs, race and watching girlfriends dogs while shes out of town. Then to make things extra interesting they've asked if I want to spend the month in Wisconsin working in manufacturing to help them get caught up.

On the upside came home to a nice surprise. Girlfriend hates doing dishes so much she bought a portable dishwasher for me!

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 31, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Good news / bad news: I remembered my car's registration was due, before it was due.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

loving FRUIT FLIES I CAN'T POSSIBLY CLEAN THE KITCHEN ANY BETTER gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Obviously you can if you have fruit flies.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
they're coming out of the sink drains man

set out some traps and use some drano

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
All you need is dish soap and vinegar, preferably apple cider vinegar. Works really well and gets disgusting really fast.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Cage posted:

All you need is dish soap and vinegar, preferably apple cider vinegar. Works really well and gets disgusting really fast.

We literally have had about 10 of these for the past month. They spawn as fast as they die in those traps.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If it's already tomorrow, why am I still pretending to work instead of being on vacation?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Super Aggro Crag posted:

loving FRUIT FLIES I CAN'T POSSIBLY CLEAN THE KITCHEN ANY BETTER gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU.

Literally just throw everything out and start again. My grandmother's kitchen looked like a scene from Starship Troopers towards the end and you pretty much have to throw out everything that's not in the fridge and bleach the drain for a week.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

ilkhan posted:

Good news / bad news: I remembered my car's registration was due, before it was due.

Same. It counts when registration expires today right? And I'm already home and don't want to go back out but probably will.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you still have to kill them at the source.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well it would be a lot easier if the majority of the kitchen stuff didn't belong to the 1 pig that refuses to clean ever. I came home to just his dirty poo poo in the sink and his loving food on the floor. I am so clean to beating the poo poo outta him with a sock full if quarters at this point.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Dear Life, I just want to take my fanatec wheel for a spin for a while on my pc. Please get out of the way and let me enjoy my dumb thing.

So far the things I've run into:
-found out last night dirt 3 profile was corrupt
-fanatec's website is down right now so I can't get drivers.
-Windows 10 installed some generic drivers but dirt 3 can't make a controller profile with them correctly as steer left blanks out steer right as you set the control and vice versa
-need hdmi cord to try it with my Xbox 360.

Please feel free to point and laugh at me.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Fill the sink and put a mosquito dunk in it. Let it sit for a while and then pull the plug to let it drain. gently caress those assholes.

Vinegar probably works fine too...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well it would be a lot easier if the majority of the kitchen stuff didn't belong to the 1 pig that refuses to clean ever. I came home to just his dirty poo poo in the sink and his loving food on the floor. I am so clean to beating the poo poo outta him with a sock full if quarters at this point.

Hang up some flypaper.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Astonishing Wang posted:

Fill the sink and put a mosquito dunk in it. Let it sit for a while and then pull the plug to let it drain. gently caress those assholes.

Vinegar probably works fine too...

Just ordered it. Let's see if it works better than dumping the harshest chemicals I could find in the cabinet down the sink with the garbage disposal on.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

e: chat thread words
chat go here
project car poo poo go in other threads
gronk fix car

You, uh, you seem to be missing something there. I think. It's a Jeep, so... No, I had one of those. It definitely had a floor here in Texas.
Say gently caress it and just weld back in some 1/4" plate. See if that'll rust out.

Had to go in person to renew my driver's license this year (new picture every 12 years.) Surprisingly pleasant experience. The letter said I may have to provide proof of identity, residence, etc., which pissed me off because my driver's license that I have had for 30 years (continuously) IS my proof of all that. I dug out my damned birth certificate, my SSC, and one of my vehicle titles just in case, and schlepped it all to the nice, shiny new big-rear end DL center, and then didn't need any of it.
They use kiosks at the front where you put in your mobile number and they text you your place in line and approximate wait, so you don't even have to stay in the waiting area. Nice. Only took 20 minutes as it was. Much, much better than the last time I had to do this poo poo.
Even managed to do it early enough that I should get the replacement before the old one expires (September 10.) Go me!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Same. It counts when registration expires today right? And I'm already home and don't want to go back out but probably will.
My car turns 1 on the 4th, registration is due on the 9th. So I was fine. Paid online and dont need to worry. Its just a $300 hole in my checking account. :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Coredump posted:

Dear Life, I just want to take my fanatec wheel for a spin for a while on my pc. Please get out of the way and let me enjoy my dumb thing.

So far the things I've run into:
-found out last night dirt 3 profile was corrupt
-fanatec's website is down right now so I can't get drivers.
-Windows 10 installed some generic drivers but dirt 3 can't make a controller profile with them correctly as steer left blanks out steer right as you set the control and vice versa
-need hdmi cord to try it with my Xbox 360.

Please feel free to point and laugh at me.

You can usually use logitech drivers on PC and they'll be close enough to use a Fanatec. What wheel do you have?

And the cord you need for Xbox 360 use is USB, not HDMI... I assume you have it connected to your PC via USB, it's the same cable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I recently purged a shitload of these fuckers with alcohol-free (it has to be alcohol-free) mouthwash left out in a cup overnight.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tropical storm = Urban skimboarding oh yeah

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

gently caress August. Just found out today that the 2nd person I've trained to do my job is moving on (lateral move though, same with the first person that moved) and I've been stuck doing the same poo poo for 3+ years. I really don't want to leave this company but they're pissing me off enough that I'm considering it just to gently caress them over now.

:sigh:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If pissing on them doesn't work try splashing them with your car

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was a pretty good day, I mean, gently caress August and most of 2016 but it's always nice to have a good day.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

This entire year has been loving awesome so far. I mean some poo poo has happened but I refuse to let it get me down.

Never expected to be engaged or even not-single until I finished the house and yet here I am.

Also that's not my jeep, it's just a random 96 or earlier XJ I found on facebook.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

This entire year has been loving awesome so far. I mean some poo poo has happened but I refuse to let it get me down.

Never expected to be engaged or even not-single until I finished the house and yet here I am.

Also that's not my jeep, it's just a random 96 or earlier XJ I found on facebook.

The year hasn't been the worst by far but the fire the other day sure did suck ballsacks full of suck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Went to the grocery store. Stopped at a red light, and watch three spandex warriors in full tuck pretending to be the one balled wonder blow the light.

Welp too bad for them a cop was about half a block down, and actually loving stopped them.

When I went back by about thirty minutes later, two more cars were there, they were all in the backseats, and their bikes had been shoved into the trunk of a squad car.

Maybe there is a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Yeah, 2016 has sucked so far, what with the death of my grandmother, the death of a close friend and mentor in aviation and a lot of unpleasant challenges thrown at me, but instead of being all "gently caress 2016", I'm taking the attitude of "gently caress YOU 2016". I refuse to be dragged down by this year's garbage.

On the positive side of things, today for the first time in seemingly forever, I finally deadlifted as much as I can squat - three sets of twelve of each at 375, plus a five rep max at 465 for the squat and 425 for the deadlift It's a small victory, but I've been working towards that goal for the better part of three years now! :sun:

• Locked thread