Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

kastein posted:

If pissing on them doesn't work try splashing them with your car

Maybe I'll just use your autistic ramblings to bore them all to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SATURN DOWN SATURN DOWN :stonk:

Holy poo poo did that escalate quickly. Fan went from making a bit of noise last night and this morning (fake edit: I started writing this at like 1am, so....), to screeching like a banshee, to "who the gently caress is flailing around with a hammer under the hood?!" noises coupled with the temp gauge attempting to reach low orbit and the ac deciding cool air wasn't necessary at idle or low speeds. I only drove about 15 miles today. Glad I didn't work today.

Thank gently caress I already worked most of my allowed hours for the week. New fan assembly (fan/motor/shroud) is being overnighted. I don't know how Amazon can offer free overnight shipping on something, but gently caress I'll take it. I'll work the rest of my hours on Friday and Saturday, hopefully the Saturd will be terrorizing everyone again before the sun goes down.

Viggen, where the hell did you come from? :stare:

Darchangel posted:

You, uh, you seem to be missing something there. I think. It's a Jeep, so... No, I had one of those. It definitely had a floor here in Texas.
Say gently caress it and just weld back in some 1/4" plate. See if that'll rust out.

Had to go in person to renew my driver's license this year (new picture every 12 years.) Surprisingly pleasant experience. The letter said I may have to provide proof of identity, residence, etc., which pissed me off because my driver's license that I have had for 30 years (continuously) IS my proof of all that. I dug out my damned birth certificate, my SSC, and one of my vehicle titles just in case, and schlepped it all to the nice, shiny new big-rear end DL center, and then didn't need any of it.
They use kiosks at the front where you put in your mobile number and they text you your place in line and approximate wait, so you don't even have to stay in the waiting area. Nice. Only took 20 minutes as it was. Much, much better than the last time I had to do this poo poo.
Even managed to do it early enough that I should get the replacement before the old one expires (September 10.) Go me!

I had to do the same last month. Registered online.... at the wrong office. :doh: Then registered at the kiosk after I got the text saying they were ready (and discovering that desk didn't even exist at the location I was at) and was informed there was a 3 hour wait. Left and went to the tiny office off of I-30 and Rose Hill, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes (from the time I parked until I started the car again). Clerk was surprisingly jovial and friendly. and when she showed me the picture (and saw the look on my face when I saw it) she immediately told me she'd take it again. I took my birth certificate, SSC, and insurance, they needed the birth certificate since I haven't been in a DL office in 12 years. The office I wound up going to didn't have kiosks or anything, you had to go to a counter and tell them what you were there for, and you got a number - same way it was when I last renewed. But it was seriously tiny, they had about 20 or 30 chairs in the waiting area (vs several hundred at the big one).

And I agree, far better experience, even with the initial fuckup on my part, than the last time I renewed. I think that was a 2 hour ordeal (in 2004), and I went early in the morning.

kastein posted:

If pissing on them doesn't work try splashing them with your car

When STR stops beating a dead horse, that horse is pulp. :colbert:

(also I hear hooking up an electrical system backwards gets rid of them, it's the one trick that exterminators don't want you to know!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well it would be a lot easier if the majority of the kitchen stuff didn't belong to the 1 pig that refuses to clean ever. I came home to just his dirty poo poo in the sink and his loving food on the floor. I am so clean to beating the poo poo outta him with a sock full if quarters at this point.

Christ. I'm a self-admitted slob, but I keep the kitchen so spotless that you can eat off the floor. If it's an area related to food, it has to be sparkling clean. Anytime I cook, dishes are done immediately, excess food is put away as soon as everyone is done, and every surface is wiped down with some kind of sanitizer.

Working in restaurants got me into both good and awful habits. Awful is the habit of wiping everything onto the floor - I have faux wood linoleum on a hilariously uneven floor instead of solid concrete or tile, so it's a pain to sweep everything up. Good is wiping down every kitchen surface with some kind of sanitizing cleaner whenever I'm done with it, and immediately moving everything into the fridge, plates, etc instead of letting it sit out.

Tide posted:

My son and I are headed to Dallas this weekend for Alabama vs USC. Will be good to get away for a couple days.

Supposed to be really nice this weekend, high 80s/low 90s with the usual random shower. It's been muggy as poo poo though.

Make sure you flip my apartment's leasing office the bird if you drive past them on I-30. So loving sick of fighting with them over getting my dishwasher fixed.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Minto Took posted:

I might be car shopping soon and drat does that vroom thread have me worked up about going to a dealer. :smith:

Don't read that thread, it's really bad

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

some texas redneck posted:

Viggen, where the hell did you come from? :stare:

You stopped forwarding on my statements after forcing me back into the drama. It's your fault. :colbert:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

some texas redneck posted:

Christ. I'm a self-admitted slob, but I keep the kitchen so spotless that you can eat off the floor. If it's an area related to food, it has to be sparkling clean. Anytime I cook, dishes are done immediately, excess food is put away as soon as everyone is done, and every surface is wiped down with some kind of sanitizer.

Working in restaurants got me into both good and awful habits. Awful is the habit of wiping everything onto the floor - I have faux wood linoleum on a hilariously uneven floor instead of solid concrete or tile, so it's a pain to sweep everything up. Good is wiping down every kitchen surface with some kind of sanitizing cleaner whenever I'm done with it, and immediately moving everything into the fridge, plates, etc instead of letting it sit out.

Dude. I almost flipped my poo poo at him right before I went to bed. Ever since I stopped smoking weed, the guys built a little stoner dungeon in the basement. I was on my way to my bedroom when he chimes in that he found where the fruit flies were coming from. He said that his trashcan he keeps down there has been filled with beer cans and beer juice for like a month now. I said sweet man thanks for cleaning it up. He replied that he didn't and that it was still down there. I must have blacked out out of pure rage because the next thing I remember is waking up for work and finding his bloody corpse sticking out of the trashcan.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

West SAAB Story posted:

Sorry for the delayed response- I don't come here every few hours, anymore. :)

Followed by 12 posts in 18 hours. Yep, Viggen's back. :D

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

And the cord you need for Xbox 360 use is USB, not HDMI... I assume you have it connected to your PC via USB, it's the same cable.

Heh, needed an hdmi cable to get video from Xbox to monitor. It's the forza csr wheel I'm dealing with. It can connect to Xbox wirelessly.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

iwentdoodie posted:

Blazing Saddles, HotW Pt1, The Producers, To Be or Not to Be, Spaceballs, Robin Hood, and Silent Movie.

Fight me bitch.

As much as I am a contrary oval office with "What you like is poo poo"......... Noooope, not arguing with this list at all. And almost none of them would have been made today, especially Blazing Saddles.... which is hosed up as what was said in that movie needs to be said even louder again.

That's the best thing about those movies, funny as gently caress but the real thing is they work on another level or two.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tusen Takk posted:

The inspector was like "I haven't seen a house in this good of shape in a very long time" so :pray:

Also it's v close to my wife's job and incredibly close to pretty much every job I'm being considered for right now so plz dear god let me get out of retail

We got sherwin Williams which is like $50/gallon so I hope it's good :mad:

SW does good paint. I worked for them for a few years, did my Dad's whole place on employee discount and it still looks fine a decade later.

In other notes, had my gallbladder yanked out today. I think the post-surgical pain is actually less than before.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 1, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Raluek posted:

I don't think that's the kind of struggle he had in mind.

I feel 'I am going to gently caress you up' leaves too much space for assuming a beatdown is going to happen. By simply adding 'the bum' to the end of it, the guilty party will understand better and perhaps question their ways.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Funny... Its nearly warm enough to actually do some poo poo on the house for once down here. Nearly. Still single digit temps and beanie weather when i get home from work. Which is irritating in a shed with a 4" gap under the walls cos the concrete doesnt exist yet.

Snoring into your butthole. The best way to sleep.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Seeing cats and dogs sleeping makes me so jealous. They just always look so comfortable, I wish I could sleep like that. I did love when my ex's dogs would sleep on the bed with me when I had an afternoon nap, it's great having nap buddies!

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Dude. I almost flipped my poo poo at him right before I went to bed. Ever since I stopped smoking weed, the guys built a little stoner dungeon in the basement. I was on my way to my bedroom when he chimes in that he found where the fruit flies were coming from. He said that his trashcan he keeps down there has been filled with beer cans and beer juice for like a month now. I said sweet man thanks for cleaning it up. He replied that he didn't and that it was still down there. I must have blacked out out of pure rage because the next thing I remember is waking up for work and finding his bloody corpse sticking out of the trashcan.

Holy poo poo this would drive me insane.

I'm in the process of building a keezer for homebrew, and its awesome. Chest freezer from Craigslist for $15 (a total steal). Just have to do some construction and buy some parts, then its beer on tap, in the home, all the time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

slothrop posted:

Seeing cats and dogs sleeping makes me so jealous. They just always look so comfortable, I wish I could sleep like that. I did love when my ex's dogs would sleep on the bed with me when I had an afternoon nap, it's great having nap buddies!

My roommate's old Pug was the best nap buddy. I sleep on my side, and as soon as she'd take off for work he'd come running in and curl up behind my knees to get that important couple more hours of sleep.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
SpaceX noooo, you were going so well :(

https://twitter.com/PointyEndUp/status/771336568380481537/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

:wtf:

Oh, right now the twitter page doesn't exist... I think you were talking about this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37247077

That's not going to help the current stories about how Musk is a cash incinerator.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-hot-stock-is-the-markets-biggest-brewing-bubble-2016-09-01

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 1, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Private space flight is detrimental to the cause. Fully fund NASA.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Private space flight is detrimental to the cause. Fully fund NASA.

I know they might be right, but gently caress these Investment firms.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Paint talk: can you get rustoleum enamel tinted into fun colors?

If not, what type of paint should I put on the Chump car?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
On Grassroots Motorsports someone managed to find Rustoleum in British Racing Green ("Racing Green Metallic") for his LeMons Z-car. It looked really good:

Took forever to harden apparently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can get the base white Rustoleum (house paint) tinted at Wal-Mart and yes, it will take a year to fully harden.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Phone posted:

Paint talk: can you get rustoleum enamel tinted into fun colors?

If not, what type of paint should I put on the Chump car?

Your local Sherwin-WIlliams can get you industrial enamel in any color you want, too. I painted the hood on my Olds wagon with it back in the day.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
If, by some weird twist of the universe, I wind up teaching a debate class, everyone's final will be a week-long, open-floor debate on "What Is A Sandwich?"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That is cruelty in purest form and I would love you for it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

scuz posted:

If, by some weird twist of the universe, I wind up teaching a debate class, everyone's final will be a week-long, open-floor debate on "What Is A Sandwich?"

Unable to resist, you would join the debate and get shanked with a corkscrew in hour two.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

scuz posted:

what sandwich?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Liquid Communism posted:

Your local Sherwin-WIlliams can get you industrial enamel in any color you want, too. I painted the hood on my Olds wagon with it back in the day.

Won't this be $Texas?

I'm looking to keep everything under $200 between paint and supplies. I'm also an insane person and want to do multiple colors.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

kastein posted:

what sandwich?

I ate it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

what sandwich?
My buddies and I have been having a sandwich discourse over google hangouts because some dodo said "a hot dog is a sandwich" :jerkbag:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Unable to resist, you would join the debate and get shanked with a corkscrew in hour two.
Everyone's gotta pick a hill to die on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A hot dog is a hot dog unless the bun tears fully apart into two separate pieces of bread. If you then change the orientation and method of eating it, it can be a sandwich.

If you insist on calling a fully intact hot dog something other than hot dog, "a foldover" is acceptable. Especially when you're poor and actually use a piece of white bread as a bun.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

A hot dog is a hot dog unless the bun tears fully apart into two separate pieces of bread. If you then change the orientation and method of eating it, it can be a sandwich.

If you insist on calling a fully intact hot dog something other than hot dog, "a foldover" is acceptable. Especially when you're poor and actually use a piece of white bread as a bun.

You fucker how dare you start this here.

Subway sandwiches also don't cut fully through the bread, they Pac-Man that poo poo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is a hamburger a sandwich?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

I would argue that a hot dog can never fully become a sandwich. The intent of the assembler is to have a hot dog cradled (or whatever) in a single roll. If the bun tears (as they do), in my mind, it is still a hot dog and not a sandwich. If one were to take a few hot dogs and place them between two slices of bread, then you'd have a hot dog sandwich.

Subway sandwiches also don't cut fully through the bread, they Pac-Man that poo poo.
This is a good point and something that I'd like to sink my teeth into (:haw:) since Jimmy John's et al do the same thing.

mariooncrack posted:

Is a hamburger a sandwich?
Yes.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Then what is a hot dog?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

At least they don't do that stupid V cut anymore. What was that about?

Also: Chips on the sandwich. Thoughts?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Same as fries on a burger.

Convenience.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

At least they don't do that stupid V cut anymore. What was that about?

I love chips on sandwiches. Putting pickle chips on ham-and-cheese is such a great shortcut.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I like the crunch out gives on a sandwich.

You guys might like this blog : https://www.sandwichtribunal.com

Someone posted it on GWS awhile ago. I seem to go back every few months to see what I missed.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Lord help me, I'm looking at 90s imprezas on kijiji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
They should've called it a handburger

• Locked thread