Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I recently purged a shitload of these fuckers with alcohol-free (it has to be alcohol-free) mouthwash left out in a cup overnight.

Along these lines I've had success in the past making little traps consisting of a small bowl, cider vinegar, a drop or two of hand soap and then cover with cellophane and punch a few holes in it.

Fruit flies are attracted to the vinegar, get stuck under the cellophane and eventually either starve, drown or drink the liquid and die from the drops of soap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Also: Chips on the sandwich. Thoughts?

I used to do this all the time, but as part of trying to eat healthy/lose weight I don't keep bread or potato chips in the house.

I always liked it for the added crunch, going to have to do this the next time I get a sub for lunch.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

Same reason i like storage requirements for guns whether it be a purpose built safe or a sturdy closet, keep the fun shotguns/assault rifles/handguns/anti-materiel rifles but stop the kids getting access.

I don't think you understand the mentality of the average gun nut in the US.

This kind of requirement would never, ever see the light of day because *rattles off at least 15 scenarios in which locking up most of your arsenal will result in a swift death*

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is it any better for you than pop? I don't think it has come across the border to Canada yet but it's probably only a matter of time with how big the fad is in The America.

It's just carbonated water with very light flavoring. Zero calories/sugar and no artificial sweeteners.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Nevada has high rates

I don't know if Nevada is a fair comparison, considering it's only legal on a county by county basis and there are a relative handful of active brothels that are all located in remote rural areas far away from population centers. If it were common and widespread it would be substantially more difficult for unlicensed pimps/brothels to set up shop, as there would be little demand for their services.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

leica posted:

Sweet tea is terrible when people don't know how to make it and it ends up tasting like sugar water.

Made (brewed) correctly with a modest amount of sugar and it's awesome.

I've never seen anything actually called "sweet tea" that isn't simple syrup made with tea instead of water. What you described is tea with sweetener added.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I was just asked by an early 20s mom with her little boy in tow to get out of the men's room at a grocery store so her son could use the bathroom.

I have no words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
So my wife used to work at an animal rescue...

• Locked thread