Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Minto Took posted:

I might be car shopping soon and drat does that vroom thread have me worked up about going to a dealer. :smith:

When I walked past the dumpster fire behind the KFC I had no interest in fried chicken for the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Pintos only.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

blk posted:

I like the Winphone UI the best but I don't want to be stuck with Bing search/maps.

Not actually the case, you can set the search provider to Google now and the maps have come a long way. I've been on winphone for over a year now and I want to hit my phone with a hammer less than a third as often as when I used Android. If you're thinking about it, just grab a Lumia 520 (cheap, common and new enough to run wp10 smoothly) off CL or whatever for $10 and test drive 10 for a month or so, that's what I did.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

88h88 posted:

I'm going to put a set on a Japanese car

The Lexus was about to get D-holes (:pervert:) when the current wheels fell in my lap.

Still kinda want to, maybe if I get tired of these ones.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I think I'd enjoy rebuilding this boat a lot more if every session wasn't 4 hours of 3 stubborn assholes (myself included) arguing about how and where to smash rivets and 4 hours of smashing the loving rivets.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'll have you know we're having a delightful discussion about IKEA in that thread :colbert:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

I've been sick all weekend and last night I had a fever dream where Adam Conover tried to teach me about tires.

I am now imagining Adam Ruins Tires and it kinda sucks.

Unless he's ruining tires literally by way of sweet burnouts.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Ohm my. I'm reluctant to admit it but I've no idea watt the gently caress is going on here.
e: now this is stuck in my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 19, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Well that became high-tension affair awfully quick, my terrible puns almost got through without any resistance.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

And to be ferrule we get excessively silly with it sometimes - I often question whether we armature enough to even post in this forum. But hey, at least it's something positive, and as long as we've not ground up the natural arc of chat thread conversation we can't really be at fault for anything.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I thought air-cooling critical steel resulted in a softer, more malleable state while quenching gets it cock stiff (water moreso because it boils and also conducts heat better and cools the metal speedy fast, oil being better for tools because of the carbon thing but also because it cools slightly slower and thus makes it less brittle).

I'm probably wrong though.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLxrojmvMg
Was thinking about changing my name anyway, if this one sucks I'll change it to some AvE catchphrase or other

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Well I don't hate my new name but I feel like that name lottery could have gone a lot better.

Also there is no stranger feeling than finding your own car on the internet. Mr. PO may not have been good at caring for this car but he was at least marginally better at taking pictures of it (though he's got a naty instagram filter fetish)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 28, 2016

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

You spelled it wrong
it should be
October Chat Thread: The thread where fSWp posts pictures of his doggo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

me 2

• Locked thread