Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Super Aggro Crag posted:

loving FRUIT FLIES I CAN'T POSSIBLY CLEAN THE KITCHEN ANY BETTER gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU.

Literally just throw everything out and start again. My grandmother's kitchen looked like a scene from Starship Troopers towards the end and you pretty much have to throw out everything that's not in the fridge and bleach the drain for a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Lord help me, I'm looking at 90s imprezas on kijiji.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I miss my Outback Sport so much but don't buy that beige one that's sitting in a dude's driveway that he says has "a little knock" because it's been on that driveway for years.

After the whole SVX saga I'd have zero tolerance for drivetrain issues. I'm thinking the Scirocco's days are numbered at this point so I'm starting to keep an eye open for a new winter beater.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

My wife has never watched BTTF.

She thinks it's dumb now that we're watching it

:(

I dunno, it's a decent film but I don't get why it gets hyped up so much. They showed it at a local theatre a couple years ago and I spent a third of the film yelling out that Marty should just push start the Deloreon.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I just pick up and stare at poo poo I specifically left the house to get and get irrationally mad at the cost/build quality/packaging put it back and leave having bought nothing.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Oh hey guys what's going.....

:yikes:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
loving four years I've owned the Scirocco and today I finally had to get it towed.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

scuz posted:

:smith: goondolences on your loss/gain. Sciroccos are cool but ugh, right?

The thing has only fully stopped on me one other time and I got it moving again since it was just dodgy spark plug wires. Looks like it might just be the fuel pump relay though

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Bypassed the relay for the pump and it starts but still runs like poo poo. So that throws the whole fuel system into question.

I think the most straightforward approach at this point is to get the RX7 running and then figure out the actual issue with the Scirocco.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ilkhan posted:

Scirocco and a rex. So when people ask if you have reliable transportation you say no, right?

I swear to god the Scirocco has been the most reliable car I've ever owned up to this point other than my van which is now the official "reliable vehicle"

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Could be although I replaced it when I swapped the engine over and the fact that the fuel pump stopped working full stop until I waited a bit and bypassed the relay makes me think that's still the main culprit. Going to get my dad's pressure tester and see what the system is doing before throwing parts at it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

meatpimp posted:

That's an easy one. It was a twisty, public road. He took the corner too fast and wrecked. It would be difficult for the insurance, even with the video, to make an argument for an "exhibition of speed" clause. All the other cars were stopped, it wasn't a race, it was just stupidity. Insurance pays out for stupidity.

:rip: his insurance rates after that, though, because it'll be coded really ugly in the insurance system.

Its a claim involving no other people to pin the blame on. Claims adjuster almost certainly stamps the paperwork and moves on and the kid will pay for it over the next 5-10 years in his premiums.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Nothing will ever sound better than physically connecting the stereo to the external source.

I only listen to cassette mixtapes :smug:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Bluetooth audio has never bothered me but then again I've never really cared how clean my music has sounded in a car or out and about.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
My life is a never ending nightmare of endlessly loving around with fuel pump relays.

Incidentally I got my RX7 running and it's in theory drivable. Here's hoping I don't have to manually turn over the fuel pump to start it once I start driving it for more than five minutes.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'm a massive hipster doofus and occasionally make cassette mixtapes and song order is always crucial. It's a shame albums are a dying concept now.

Blaupunkts have a SD card slot hidden behind the faceplate and the interface is great so I've always used that in the car. I bought it for the Bluetooth but I think I've used it maybe twice since I started using the SD card.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

McTinkerson posted:

T- minus 26 hours.

Congrats bud.

scuz posted:

The band was considering skipping CDs in favor of vinyl and digital downloads. In the end, we did all 3, partially because we got picked up by a label to do the CDs, and partly because when WE go to a show and love a band, we wanna listen to their music as soon as we can once we leave the venue, and that means buying their CD and putting it in the stereo.

Always seems easier to flog CDs as well versus saying "hey you should log into iTunes and download our album." I've heard vinyl is getting more expensive to make as well.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Lou Reed's Berlin has always been my argument for the album format. Every song is a horrible depressing mess on its own but as an album it's a brilliant experience.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Now I'm curious how it got hosed up that badly in the front and back at the same time.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
loving got the RX7 running for a nice little shakedown. Let it cool down and go to start it back up and one of the vacuum lines buried deep underneath the intake went pop. This loving car :lol:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

:swoon:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Please don't stripe tease.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
gently caress seating tires.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
How often does your wife play and what's the condition of the Baldwin? That's what I would factor into the decision. A piano with crap wrong with it is never fun to play on, I don't think a Steinway is worth the premium unless you're playing at a concert level but regardless they do command a premium and if the current piano sucks to play I'd probably bite the bullet if she plays regularly.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Yesterday's lesson was that apparently Rotaries just like trying to suck injector grommets into the engine and that is the source of the vacuum leak. :wtc:

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 13, 2016

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

scuz posted:

Guys I hate computers so much why did I get a degree in computers and commit to working in IT for the rest of my life please send help.

I know what that's like. Got an accounting degree and now I work at an insurance company cause I didn't want to be an accountant and my career options are even worse.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'd honestly be willing to get the designation at this point, but the market to break in is way over-saturated here. gently caress trying to apply for jobs. The past two years the only thing I've ever heard is "What's an Underwriter do?" and then watch their face glaze over as I try to explain it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
So the scirocco got towed because I street parked it and I forgot to renew the tags. Impound lot wouldn't let me take any tools in to try and replace the fuel filter so after priming the poo poo out of it and somehow getting it to the gate I go back to the van to grab my phone to call to get it towed back to my place and

This year can eat a bag of loving dicks.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Both the police and the impound lot could not have given any less of a gently caress that my van got the poo poo scraped out of it while parked last night, even the attendant at the gate some twenty yards from where my van got smashed with both the door and the window to her booth facing my van just shrugged her shoulders and said she didn't see anything.

On the plus side the fuel pump for the Scirocco shipped and the grommets for the RX7 should be in today :shepicide:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Beethoven was deaf bro, don't judge.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Games are bad. Karting is good.

Phone posted:

- Dragon Quest 7 $32

Holy poo poo I played that as a kid and you'd have to put a gun to my head to play it again today. You're getting your money's worth if nothing else.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Phone posted:

They did a bunch of QOL improvements and the game is significantly better in the remake. :P

Is it still like five hours before you actually get to fight someone?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Phone posted:

The Nintendo Quick Start Guide covers the first 15-20 hours of the game. :v:

My memory is pretty fuzzy other than a few details but I'm certain that's not even up to the point where you unlock the class system.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Phone posted:

The job system opens up like 10-20 hours sooner than the original. :v:

I had no clue they ever remade the game, I was like the only person who ever heard of it as a kid. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mildly curious but holy gently caress I just remember the balance of the last fifth of the game just being horribly broken and it just being a grindfest to unlock the right classes.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Holy poo poo this has jumped the shark.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Bill looking like he could not give any less of a gently caress has been the best part of the debate.

Also this RNC guy is arguing that trump was strategically only good in the first 30 or 40 minutes because that's all people care about on the BBC which :lol:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

lol.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
So I'm compiling a list of poo poo my RX7 needs that I can look at doing over the winter to stave off insanity, electrical poo poo has ended up with its own separate list at this point

-Backlighting on instrument panel doesn’t work
-Add washer fluid light constantly on
-Clock’s VFD cuts in and out randomly, mostly is dim
-Heater is stuck on
-Security system, who the gently caress knows what it’s doing
-Wipers don’t work on intermittent speed
-Sunroof doesn’t open (may not be electrical)
-Stop light warning comes on whenever brakes are hit
-Passenger side rear actuator for active suspension is pooched
-Oil pressure gauge doesn't work

At least the engine works :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I can't decide how poor of a decision posting in the name change thread was

I'm going to file this under "Success stories" and you should as well.

• Locked thread