Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 249 days!)

The 2006 9-3 ended up staying in the family. It's become a fighting point- one parent loves it, and one absolutely hates it (because he isn't allowed to touch it).

I picked up a '99 9-3 convertible in April that I intended to fix and flip for summer, which I haven't had a chance to get to. It needs a HG, and some general maintenance. I've been working for several months while on self-exile. I worked rather cheap to prove (to) myself, but when time came to ask for good pay, I was kicked to the curb while dealing with grandparental near-death full of cancer. Classy. I took the job to prove to myself that I could do menial tech work- and I can- but I'd rather wrench in the back yard, instead.

There are a '98 and '96 NG900 hatchback combo available locally that I'm sure I could get for about $200. The '98 has body rot, but a good drivetrain (:siren: with 400,000 miles :siren:), and the '96 is in great condition, but the tranny is shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

some texas redneck posted:

Viggen, where the hell did you come from? :stare:

You stopped forwarding on my statements after forcing me back into the drama. It's your fault. :colbert:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

Followed by 12 posts in 18 hours. Yep, Viggen's back. :D

Thank god I have my personal assistant back to keep affairs in order- it was awful having to maintain things all on my lonesome. I want another Ferd 500 shirt, BTW- they cut the one off when I went on the copter.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

some texas redneck posted:

Can't say I've seen the needle before though.

HIt up 14". He'll hook you up.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Something tells me that his wife forced him to do this. $150k for an awesome shed in nowhere? Pricey.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Liquid Communism posted:

That's really not a terrible price. Looking around the neighborhood, most of the houses there are going for $300k+.

It's not a house- only a garage with :siren: stairs to the "man cave" :siren:, and the sink doesn't work. If it makes it below six figures, I'd consider it, despite being inhabitable 4-6 months out of the year.

RillAkBea posted:

A guy I knew from school occasionally makes memorial posts for his sister, which ok I could get it if they had a particularly close relationship but she died before he was even born and he's 30 now so it's just kinda creepy. Also a little sad because I can't imagine you could get so attached to a dead relative you never knew without some fairly hard emotional abuse. :smith: Other than that he was a fairly normal if rather boring guy.

Just make your own tasteless "RIP Sexcopter Boner-Hitler". Or, you know, ignore them. If the guy is OK other than this, and you can/can't get over it..

Given your friend history, he's probably the most stable. For some reason, I thought you were Rhyno due to the same sentiment, and the fact I am too lazy to read. Ignore that.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 6, 2016

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

88h88 posted:

I once paid an ex for sex. I was seeing her at the time and It was only 20p but still...

scuz posted:

Yeah, I mean I paid her 60p and it was "fine, I guess."

Which of you is Karl Pilkington?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

blk posted:

Go home, Redfin, you're drunk

I didn't know about this one- I just sit on Zillow. I like that they're incapable of telling similar street names apart. Evidently my home sold for $221,500, which would be news to me, but the idiots on the other street aren't smart enough to even send their bills to their own home.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

blk posted:

Automotive ADD is terrible.

Sitting around, not driving car: "I'm bored with car. I should replace car."

Actually driving car and winding it out a little: "Oh hay car is fun why would I ever consider replace."

Solution? car++

Simplify? My aunt fanny!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Magnus Praeda posted:

Because I don't want to stop listening to music just because I need to plug in my loving phone. Also I'm gonna lose that adapter within the first week and Apple's going to charge me $29.99 for a new one or I can get a 3rd party one that pops up a "This accessory may not be supported" message every time I plug it in. It's an asinine and idiotic design choice made because Apple wants to sell accessories, especially headphones, and increase buyer lock-in. It's why Apple's always gone with proprietary connectors rather than using the same standards as everyone else.

Or, ya know, you can buy a $40 Nexus $10 Wal-Mart Android to listen to your tunes on that has real Bluetooth, and a headphone jack! Oh, and you can use Torque with a $10 ELM327 device, rather than a $70 one.

BraveUlysses posted:

I'm done with Android after this Sony phone

Sony fucks up everything. Back in the day I inherited a P4 laptop back when those were hot poo poo, because the owner didn't want to pay for labor to replace a logic board. I got rid of it in two weeks because I couldn't stand their proprietary drivers which were required to use the keyboard/mouse/clitmouse/fiddlywhatsit (and couldn't disable all of their spammy poo poo at boot and expect it to function). I have no idea why anyone buys anything Sony after around 1996.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 7, 2016

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Geirskogul posted:

Or you could buy a not-poo poo phone in the first place, instead of having to juggle two devices.

You want a $300+ Torque & Tunes device? I'm happy with something literally disposable for that. I have a phone to use as a phone. It's a Nexus 4.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Magnus Praeda posted:

If I wanted to carry around a separate device just to listen to music, I'd dust off one of my iPods. If I hate the flagship Android phones, why would I ever want to use one of the cheap, lovely, slow-as-balls versions WalMart foists off on people?

I guess I just didn't realize just how incapable a 1.3Ghz dual core ARM is at decoding a 192k stereo audio stream, and how much slower it boots than an iPod. If you smash the screen and login via adb you can pretend it's a shuffle.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Magnus Praeda posted:

:wtc:
I seriously don't even know what argument you're trying to make here.

I was being snarky about your iPhone elitism, forbid that you had a cheap, disposable device for, you know, cheap disposable tasks.

QuarkMartial posted:

The screen on my stupid G3 has developed dead spots and some sort of short, so it is either partly unresponsive or thinks it's being tapped everywhere at once. It's frustrating because it was fine one night, plugged it in to charge, and the next morning it was all lovely.

This is often battery related. If you think you are competent enough, take it apart and put some conducting heat tape between the battery and ground.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Extra posted:

I remembering it taking 4 hours total to get all the poo poo working on a customer's Vaio with a fresh install of Windows back in 2012.

Also glad you're not dead but ambivalent you are posting again.

Don't be so damned indecisive. Pick a horse.

Rhyno posted:

Nothing will ever sound better than physically connecting the stereo to the external source.

I found a cassette adapter at the dollar store earlier today. I almost bought it - just to own one.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

slidebite posted:

Why/who on earth would actually buy one as a personal vehicle?

Because it's not a loving CVT Versa? That's all I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

go3 posted:

Really enjoy my MKZ coming from the Fusion. This will tide me over for 2 years or so.

Now- Imagine how awesome it would be with a BIG turbo.

• Locked thread