Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Sweet, it's not even noon here on the 31st yet. Hello new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Please tell me you're on the team that is in charge of tracking, because their tracking is poo poo.

*package sent*
*in transit from east coast*
*in transit departed east coast*
*in transit flying from east coast*
*in transit arrived in Utah*
*in transit departed from Utah*
*in transit arrived in CA*
*in transit exited sorting facility in CA*
*in transit on its way to your local carrier*
*in transit to your doorstep*
2 days later
*ARRIVED*

Meanwhile it was really delivered sometime around arrived from Utah even though the tracking status updated about 5 days later.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I just realized The Crew was free this month during Ubisoft's free game a month thing on uplay.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I think I need to make another bad decision. How would a land rover discovery fare for tooling around BLM land?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

And thanks to the Internet I just wondered why you wanted to run over protesters.

Did a quick Google search and went "ooOOOoooooh." Apparently my cocoon is sealed off from hijacking the letters. I suppose the Bureau of Land Management would then be the OG-BLM?

InitialDave posted:

Which generation?

I have no idea, please educate me. I was looking at a mid-late 90's model with a manual. Although something tells me those are fools gold.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

All that is great to know. I'm in CA so no doubt my ownership experience would be different in the US than in the UK. But the saving grace is most people here use them as grocery getters/kid haulers and not really off road so I should be able to find one with minimal to no rust underneath and not beat to death. I was going to spray an undercoat on to seal off the rust portion and you're correct the v-8 is what I'm looking at because I can't seem to find any diesels without going into Defender territory. Should I look at an earlier Range Rover or an S1 Discovery? What would be the positives/negatives of either build?

edit:

That's a lovely start to page 43, sorry for your catbuddy loss BB.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Getting caught up from yesterday and drat it turned into a poo poo show last night followed by animal pix that pulled out the nosedive. Now dead kid chat? gently caress, I think that may be lower than even last night. Thanks, I'm off to get some liquid breakfast after that.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Now, I like Land Rovers, but I have the benefit of being in the UK, where you can fnd parts cheaply and easily (occasionally literally lying in a hedge), so they make more sense than a Jeep, but in the states that's not necessarily the case. I think you need to get the perspective of Americans whove run/worked on/modified them to make that call.

And that's a great point too, thank you for all the info. It would be a weekend toy more than anything since I already have reliable dd's. I have a family of 4 so I was looking towards that direction for space to accommodate people/camping gear/any extras for being out in the middle of nowhere.

CommieGIR posted:

Funny enough, there is a guy nearby that converts Discos to Diesel with VW/Mercedes motors and even has Disco OEM diesel engines.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/5784804831.html

That ad looks familiar.. Perhaps a little too familiar. Not sure if a scam or he just throws a wide net since it's a seldom sought after thing here in the states?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/5784827331.html

keykey fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 27, 2016

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

The new hip way of saying that is "Design Language." Also, consider changing the word job to ROLE. Now you're ready for business 2.0!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

slidebite posted:

October: New posters same lovely content

I think you're on to something.

• Locked thread