Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Paint talk: can you get rustoleum enamel tinted into fun colors?

If not, what type of paint should I put on the Chump car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Liquid Communism posted:

Your local Sherwin-WIlliams can get you industrial enamel in any color you want, too. I painted the hood on my Olds wagon with it back in the day.

Won't this be $Texas?

I'm looking to keep everything under $200 between paint and supplies. I'm also an insane person and want to do multiple colors.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol 69

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Previa_fun posted:

La Croix sparkling water is the poo poo. I've completely replaced soda with this stuff.

I lost it forever since I wiped my computer this week, but there's a hilarious Gadsden flag meme with WWF Superstar Undertaker holding a (giant) can with "Don't tread on my Pamplemousse La Croix".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm reading The Sympathizer.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ride bikes.

Today turned out way milder than what the forecast said. I need to go ride around for a bit. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mariooncrack posted:

Difficult to find? Not really but I always see them priced at $50-$60

I bought this + Melee from a goon in excellent quality for $85 shipped a few months back.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SCA Enthusiast posted:

It is incorrect that legal prostitution causes a near zero incidence of sex trafficking. Nevada has high rates, especially of child prostitution, Australia also has problems despite the most populous areas of the country having legalized and regulated prostitution.

I will concede two things about the Swedish model:

First, it was written and implemented before the internet age and there has been increased use of the internet for the trading of sexual services, according to a variety of sources.

Second, that the difficulty in quantifying data about the sex trade in Sweden results in competing studies which criticize one another and make the issue that much more difficult to figure out.

The fact remains however, that Sweden has one of the lowest rates of human trafficking in the world. Australia does as well, but where there is a market for sexual services, trafficking will exist, and one of the successes of the Swedish model is that fewer men are buying sexual services. While I agree that no one should be ostracized for sex, the sex trade is directly connected to human trafficking, and if eliminating trafficking is the goal, then eliminating the market must be part of the plan.

While women from wealthier backgrounds often have the agency to operate as sex workers on their own, the number of vulnerable and exploited persons is growing worldwide, and they are often imported to places that have a legalized model. If all sex workers could operate as free agents in a legalized model I'd be all for it but that has not been convincingly shown to be the case. Even the Netherlands is a common destination and source of trafficking victims.

it's called ephebophilia

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

Wrong. "Canada is great, I love it because I can pay women to have sex with me and get weed delivery" is a terrible statement to make non-ironically.

Congratulations on not dying in America! (yet). Still no burnout video from the rental car? :smith:

I had to look it up. That's... oddly specific.

there's an sacyclopedia entry about it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Not sure if I want to go through with this or not.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RillAkBea posted:

Hells yes.

Ughhh got nixxed by the team mates because it looks complicated and uses too many colors. :(

I don't want to do it with just purple and green, so I think I'm gonna be doing a TOM'S Petronas rip off instead. I tried to think about how to make a Mr Saturn one work, but I don't want to paint a car a peachy/flesh color.

Also, since you have some sort of expertise, what should I put on the banner? I like OKですか?since it's an Earthbound/Mother2 reference. しょうがない。is a strong second, but might be lost on a few people.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I found a bunch of CD-Rs I burned back in college when I was moving.

Current things that have a disc drive:
- ND
- Wii U
- PS2

They're all DVD drives.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

Things I've learned in September:

1) Leica is OLLLLLD

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php/index.php?id=259

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

slidebite posted:

I still listen to the odd CD in my work truck, but the built in USB port and ability to listen to podcast MP3s easily takes 95% of my listening time.

Also, presently on the Big Island of Hawai'i and stuck with a Chrysler 200 as a rental.

It is as awful as I expected. The cruise is absolutely abysmal and literally dangerous (actually accelerates/adds power when it gears down for engine breaking when going faster than the cruise is set), the circular transmission selector sucks, hell the controls in general suck, the interior quality is woeful, the windshield wipers are terrible, and the engine (which I can only assume is bottom of the line due to its awful power) is borderline dangerously under powered and incredibly buzzy.

If I sprung for the full insurance ($30 day! - rental itself is $230 for 8 days) I would drive it off a cliff into the ocean to spare the world of its existence.

Why/who on earth would actually buy one as a personal vehicle?

What year? Someone was trying to rake me over the coals for talking mad poo poo about the previous gen 200 when I had it for a rental for a week. Their argument boiled down to "b-b-b-but what about the 9 speed transmission that Chrysler didn't buy the software for!?"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Geirskogul posted:

DO WE HAVE ANY PHOTOGRAPHY GOONS I AM NOT GOOD WITH CAMERA

I bought this camera from a goon. Combined with this lens, total was $140. It's a 45-200 (real talk: 90-400 because 2x crop factor, if I"m understanding this correctly) lens.

I needed a standard lens or two for it, so I got smashed and bought THESE lenses.

Now, what I know so far:

The olympus is a standard, bottom-of-the-good-barrel lens, with a bit of barrel distortion that most four-thirds cameras take care of in internal software anyway. It's wider angle, but an okay "street" lens, and the "17mm" is equivalent to a 35mm, well, 35mm lens, which is what I learned what little photography I know on. So, it's okay, but has no internal image stabilization because olympus puts that in their camera bodies.

The TOKINA lens is special. The seller posts the following about it (warning: verbose)

What I get, other than manual focus (I'm okay with this) is that this is the closest to a 55mm "prime" (in 35mm terms?) lens as I can get for under $100 (it was about $80).

How bad did I gently caress up? If I did, I'll just turn around and flip the things, because lens prices are cray cray, holy poo poo like 2x the value of the camera.

All I want to do is take better pictures of projects, and will probably use auto (panasonic: "iA") mode 99% of the time. I putzed around in photography classes, and actually made eyeglasses (along with doing refractive exams) for six years, so basic, basic concepts like f-stop and aperture and poo poo aren't totally lost on me, but I'm totally not a photographer.

You're a novice, so you can ignore "35mm equivalent" bullshit. Everyone (read: everyone who isn't a professional photographer) has a crop body of some sort. It's useful for some technical discussions, but think of it the same way you see a dude with a BMW 328 reciting Lamborghini stats off of the top of his head at a gas station: cool story, bro.

Buy Understanding Exposure and read it cover-to-cover a few times. https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Photographs-Camera/dp/0817439390

Read the user manual for your camera cover-to-cover a few times, as well.

Starting off with manual lenses might be a bit much, so try to get a decent fast prime lens with autofocus so you don't go insane trying to futz with 5 parameters at once.

Welcome to the madness.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pham Nuwen posted:

Knowing the equivalent of a 35mm nifty-fifty is useful because that's a drat useful lens to have.

Also I don't just have a crop body :smuggo:

Medium-format film cameras like the Yashica are a pretty good photographic bang for your buck... $100 for a camera with a "sensor size" of 6x6cm

Nifty 50s on Canon is 80mm and on other bodies is 75mm.

I like the 35mm I have which is like a 52mm; however, I get way more use of of my 23mm fixed lens on the X100T.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RillAkBea posted:

I'm going to be doing translation for a certain game studio. Unfortunately they're only going to subcontract me part time for the moment with a potential full-time position in the future but it's a good result given that I pretty much cold called them.

Staying on Kyushu?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh yeah, this week's Eric Andre show was hilarious.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Geirskogul posted:

That's a good analogy.

Also, sold the Panasonic G3 camera and zoom lens it came with for a mad, mad profit.

Turned around and bought a G5 (really the next gen newer, a lot of Japanese companies skip gen 4 because one way of counting "4" is shi and that's phonetically similar to "death", "shi") and a few lenses with the money.

Already sold half the lenses for another profit, and have the camera and a few primes to see if I can take better pictures of my cars.

Also spending hours and hours on YouTube. Filmmaker IQ is my favorite so far re: cameras and lenses

Thanks for reminding me that I bought a T2i last year to shoot video and I haven't even loaded Magic Lantern on the dumb thing yet.

gently caress.

E: buy a Mazda2

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nm posted:

They also have small sensors and bad lenses. They're pretty decent in a pinch, but for a photos you care about, particularly in the dark, you can pretty easily tell the difference.

BTW, the camera that should be bought for "nice photos of things" is probably some (used) variant of the sony rx100.
It is small, has an excellent zoom lens, a good sensor, and a bunch of toys.
My Fuji x100 takes slightly better photos, but is larger, has a fixed lens, and has fewer "make this easy" features.

Most people don't need interchangeable lenses or an SLR. They're expensive and bulky, meaning you won't use them as much if you're just a casual photographer. The best camera is the one you have on you.

Also, black and white isn't hard, but make sure you read some guides and stuff. You'll also need a good scanner or the stuff to enlarge, which bumps the cost up and are both harder to do correctly than simple developing.

Eh, this isn't strictly true any more. Cellphone cameras have gotten significantly better and easier to use, and will leverage HDR to make low light photos not look like complete rear end.

That said, X100 Uberalles.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
GT350R hit a curb this past weekend.

$4000 per wheel :yum:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tusen Takk posted:

So my first work trip will involve me driving a hellcat from Detroit to Florida and back to make sure its software is working properly

I am v excite :getin:

From shithole to shithole? Nice.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Powershift posted:

gaming in general is.

The top thing on steam last week was paid DLC for a early access game that's nowhere near done itself. These companies are whittling themselves down to a small consumer base willing to spend large amounts of money on trash. Even the last industry holdouts like rockstar are turning to whale hunting instead of complete experiences.

Here's a list of games I've purchased (or preordered) in the past few weeks/months:

- Overwatch $40
- Dragon Quest 7 $32
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD $16
- Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight $7
- Monster Hunter Generations $40

poo poo owns and you're only fooling yourself if you think it doesn't.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They did a bunch of QOL improvements and the game is significantly better in the remake. :P

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nah, if you super rushed in the PS version, first battle was ~3 hours in, you can now reach the same point in ~1.5 hours. I mean, it's still a Dragon Quest game so lol @ ease of use stuff.

The Nintendo Quick Start Guide covers the first 15-20 hours of the game. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

1500quidporsche posted:

My memory is pretty fuzzy other than a few details but I'm certain that's not even up to the point where you unlock the class system.

The job system opens up like 10-20 hours sooner than the original. :v:

Powershift: what types of games do you like? I understand that you like Grand Theft Auto: The Fifth.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If you're curious, here's a short podcast (15 min) about it and the release: http://www.retronauts.com/?p=1471

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You can build a SIQQQ RIG for fairly cheap that will blast the gently caress out of most games on the PC, but eh. I'm thinking about picking up a PS4 (Laff, I have a game on preorder for a console I don't own), but I can't recommend a 3DS or 2DS or a pair of 3DSeseses enough. The library is stupid huge, mostly cheap, and really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RillAkBea posted:

GT Sport? :v:

I picked up a 3DSLL last year and certainly did not regret it. The resolution is a little janky but the cheap games make up for it. I also bought a PS Vita to try that whole thing out too but something about the size and shape makes my hands hurt.

DQ Builders.

The Vita is nothing but boobie games afaik. Also, the 3DS is so much fun in Japan. StreetPass is a thing!

• Locked thread