Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
My crazy ex was my first wife.

she started out with small stuff like burning any photos i had with other girls in them and starting big arguments over small things.

soon she escalated to screaming rage fits where she would smack and punch me and banging her head against the walls and floor.

one particularly wacky stunt she pulled was locking herself in the bathroom and threatening to shoot a giant syringe full of lidocaine into herself. (she had stolen a bunch of different drugs and stuff from the hospital where she worked as a nurse.)

anyone got any stories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
whenever we had a disagreement about something she would just start uncontrollably crying

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
She left me and married some very nice guy I hear.

naem
May 29, 2011

Which one

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

One of my exes was a pathological liar. I don't mean in that she told a few fibs, I mean she outright constructed an alternate life for herself. The thing was, she use to tell different people different things, which directly contradicted each other, and acted hurt when people called her on it.

Bit of a drama queen.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Shin00bie posted:

One of my exes was a pathological liar. I don't mean in that she told a few fibs, I mean she outright constructed an alternate life for herself. The thing was, she use to tell different people different things, which directly contradicted each other, and acted hurt when people called her on it.

Bit of a drama queen.

sounds like my dad

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I dated a girl who would sometimes act really angry with me in the morning and when I finally got her to explain why it turned out she was doing that because she would sometimes have dreams where I was a huge jerk to her in the dream and she would get legitimately angry at me as though I had actually done the things she dreamed about

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Anger issues, screaming fits if I didn't bend my life to suit her needs. I was a doormat for the first year though so I kind of built that expectation in the relationship early on. But basically every minor argument ended with an ultimatum and I spent years of my life caving like a bitch.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

she drank too much and did some things id rather not talk about

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

RedMage129 posted:

Anger issues, screaming fits if I didn't bend my life to suit her needs. I was a doormat for the first year though so I kind of built that expectation in the relationship early on. But basically every minor argument ended with an ultimatum and I spent years of my life caving like a bitch.

sounds familiar

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
She's a jerk.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I told everybody that she kept giving me hickeys but really she was hitting me in the neck with baseballs all the time

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My sophomore year in college, I was dating a girl who did not really seem crazy. Right at the end of the year a friend came up to me and congratulated me on getting engaged. I was confused, and she told me my girlfriend said we were getting married, and even said we were registered. I went to the department store, and sure enough, my girlfriend had registered us for wedding presents. She already had a date picked out for our wedding (thankfully, she had chosen a date after we both graduated from college). She had gone through and selected all the gifts she thought we should get, right down to the china patterns.

Needless to say, I was freaked out (I was 19 at the time, and in no way interested in getting married). I changed colleges immediately after this, cut all ties with her, and never looked back.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

proof of concept posted:

I dated a girl who would sometimes act really angry with me in the morning and when I finally got her to explain why it turned out she was doing that because she would sometimes have dreams where I was a huge jerk to her in the dream and she would get legitimately angry at me as though I had actually done the things she dreamed about

This happens to me currently.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've never had a girlfriend

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I've had 2 crazy exes. Well, one wasn't crazy so much as an alcoholic.

The other was legit bonkers. I met her when I was working at Gamestop and she was a regular with her platonic-man-friend-who-totally-didn't-want-to-sleep-with-her-I-assure-you.

The highlights include:
  • Insisting that she be referred to by the name of a Pokemon with a similar name
  • Was "that girl that meows"
  • Neglected her teeth so much that at 20 she needed partial dentures
  • Dated a 19-year-old when she was 13 and told me constantly it was the best relationship she'd ever been in (while I dated her)
  • Asked me to act out how I would respond if she was raped
  • Stated that, at some point in her past she was a "Girlfriend for hire" and was upset that I didn't get upset
  • Was a furry and wanted me to dress up like a bear and stalk her through the house whilst she wore rabbit ears.

So many red flags and that's just the tip of the iceberg. We were both in our very early 20's and I was just so happy that a girl paid attention to me. Oh well!

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
I work in a very small office, around ten women, doing secretarial work for three professionals, all men. The gig is pretty sweet, I wouldn't change much, except one woman at work has a messy poo poo about three times a day and leaves a mess every single time. It gets the worst in the fall because it's harvest time for her farmer husband (my guess is stress related), and she's also the grumpiest around this time of the year. She's extremely overweight and physically can't reach to wipe herself, or at least that's what I think is happening, since she basically uses the seat to wipe her rear end. Even if she does happen to only go to pee, there is a skidmark. Sometimes she does apparently try to wipe, because she leaves poopy bits of toilet paper shreds on the floor periodically, often near the mirror (this is a single serve bathroom).

I've worked her for one year, she's been here for 30 some, and every single woman has expressed disgust about it behind her back. Nobody, however, was willing to do anything. What I ended up doing last week, after some more serious discussion with the lady who's been here the longest (we do not have HR and bringing it up with one of our male bosses seemed premature) was I put a note in the bathroom indicating that we should all clean up after ourselves. It was not pointing fingers. I should also note that the office is ordinarily cleaned twice a week by a one-man cleaning service, but he has been unable to fulfill his work for the past few weeks, so things have gotten pretty bad on the floor. As for the seat, we use Lysol wipes and keep them in plain view, but she never, ever, cleans up after herself. When she saw the note, she left the bathroom in a huff, and when the air cleared I walked in. She had changed nothing but also hadn't flushed.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
so goon wives are generally wacky.

who knew?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Two of my exes had clinical depression.

One was diagnosed and on meds etc, but the other one was not diagnosed and I don't know for a fact that she ever was, but she had a tendency to sit in her dorm room (this was in college) completely unresponsive for long periods of time, even/especially when she was supposed to meet me somewhere.

She wasn't the first girl I'd dated that regularly stood me up, so I got used to it pretty quickly. Like if we were supposed to meet on the main green, and I got there and she wasn't there, I'd just keep walking, justifying it in my head like "I'll meet her on her way here," until I inevitably got to her dorm and found her in bed in her pajamas.

She was also really, really insecure about her appearance which manifested in the following ways:
- getting actually mad at me if I said she looked nice using too strong of language because obviously I was lying
- being one of those girls that never ever lets you see her without makeup (although I did a few times, and I honestly couldn't tell the difference since her makeup was subtle anyway)
- Photoshopping pictures of herself to be ugly on purpose and posting those pictures on hot-or-not type websites, and on a few occasions making them her Facebook profile pictures so that way if someone thought they were ugly at least it was on purpose

Other assorted poo poo she did:
- Beg me to make the half-an-hour walk over to her place for a party her dormmates were throwing because she was anxious about it, then not picking up her phone to let me in when I got there until I just had to leave another half an hour later
- Refuse to sleep at my place even though her place didn't have parking so I had to make that same walk and share her twin-sized dorm bed every time I wanted to sleep in the same bed as her, instead of picking her up in my car and driving back to my full-sized queen bed
- Insist on me letting her pop my backne. This one is gross as poo poo but it's 100% true. I hated it, because it loving hurt and I was kind of embarrassed about having backne in the first place, but she was obsessed with it and wouldn't take no for an answer.
- Regularly say really mean poo poo to me in a really casual way, like that she thought we'd break up soon but that she'd really miss the backne thing, or interrupt me in the middle of saying something to say "I don't care" in a really cutesy baby voice and then stare at me blankly
- Refuse to have sex with me for the last several months of our relationship and get mad at me for trying to initiate because she felt bad about having no interest in it

For that last part of it I was p much only keeping her around out of stubbornness, and she was blatantly only keeping me around so she'd Have A Boyfriend until she found someone else to switch to. Eventually she did and basically went on the first five or six dates with him while we were still dating until finally I had to break it off for her. The only reason she ever gave me for it was that I was too fat for her (no one else has ever said this; we had the same diet/exercise habits; I didn't gain a noticeable amount of weight in the time period between when we met and when we broke up). Wanted to still be friends after that. I did not.

ok that's about it

fake-edit: bolded craziest parts for emphasis

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

genesplicer posted:

My sophomore year in college, I was dating a girl who did not really seem crazy. Right at the end of the year a friend came up to me and congratulated me on getting engaged. I was confused, and she told me my girlfriend said we were getting married, and even said we were registered. I went to the department store, and sure enough, my girlfriend had registered us for wedding presents. She already had a date picked out for our wedding (thankfully, she had chosen a date after we both graduated from college). She had gone through and selected all the gifts she thought we should get, right down to the china patterns.

Needless to say, I was freaked out (I was 19 at the time, and in no way interested in getting married). I changed colleges immediately after this, cut all ties with her, and never looked back.

my crazy ex basically bullied me into marrying her. we got "married" in a shotgun style quickie wedding in the back yard of a $200 minister. the yard overlooked the wreckage of the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor, not a good sign.

and i say "married" because years after we got "divorced" i found out that the minister in hawaii never filed the paperwork and we were never actually married to begin with.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

I dated a girl in my Freshman/Sophomore years of college who, over time, I realized was abused by her father and witnessed his abuse of other women. It manifested in her using sex to appease men, her aspiration was to appear in a College Girls Playboy spread. We eventually broke up and I learned that a few years later she married this guy who had been a therapist but lost his license to practice because he'd essentially raped a patient. He was also old enough to be her grandfather.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
no thanks

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

redm posted:

no thanks

im going to keep banging my head against the wall until you do

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Tectonis posted:

I dated a girl in my Freshman/Sophomore years of college

what

was his name

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

two lessons:

a) only the craziest girls are willing to touch a goon when the goon is young, sadbrained, and unsocialized
b) college-aged goons are willing to put up with loving anything

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

JiveHonky posted:

im going to keep banging my head against the wall until you do

no dont

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

redm posted:

no dont

*crying hysterically* WHY WONT YOU TELL MEEEEEEE WHYYYY???? YOU HATE ME DONT YOU? I BET YOU WOULD TELL JANET YOU WANT JANET DONT YOU YOU BASTARD WAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

JiveHonky posted:

My crazy ex was my first wife.

she started out with small stuff like burning any photos i had with other girls in them and starting big arguments over small things.

soon she escalated to screaming rage fits where she would smack and punch me and banging her head against the walls and floor.

one particularly wacky stunt she pulled was locking herself in the bathroom and threatening to shoot a giant syringe full of lidocaine into herself. (she had stolen a bunch of different drugs and stuff from the hospital where she worked as a nurse.)

anyone got any stories?

Lol, dude you were warned and still put a ring on it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I have no idea how any of them are.

I hope they all found happiness.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

Lol, dude you were warned and still put a ring on it

she had a amazing butt

dont get fooled

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got propositioned by 2 of my childhood sweethearts once. I was 4, they were 30. They spared me the romance the first time around. They at least offered me a cup of tea when I was 30. I declined. But they kept talkin about that tea. :shrug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Always remember this goons.

All of your failed relationships have one thing in common, you.

Namaste

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Mine suffered from horrific depression and had lingering emotional issues relating to her being molested as a child. Instead of seeing a therapist and dealing with her problems in a constructive manner, she threw herself into the whole spiritualist organic granola girl scene. She always forced herself to act happy and perky, claiming that any negative emotions could simply be willed away.

Naturally, when her happy-act would break occasionally, she would violently lash out, throw and break things, and end up drunk and crying in the bathtub. This kept happening more and more often, as I was pretty much witnessing her complete mental breakdown.

I ended things with her after she kept refusing professional help. I legit hope she's okay.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

Always remember this goons.

All of your failed relationships have one thing in common, you.

Namaste

get ow of here vendagoat shoo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JiveHonky posted:

get ow of here vendagoat shoo

Take your medicine, op.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When I was 20 I was living with my sister while attending college and a was few months out from getting my AAS. A guy friend asks me out and I figure hey, he's fun to hang around with so why not? I let him know I'm moving out of state in a few months and he seems cool with it. Everything is fine for a month or so. Then one evening while we're walking in a park, he starts talking about how he was selected by the CIA and went through their testing process, but just "decided he wasn't interested." On one hand, I'm kinda insulted he thinks I'm that dumb, on the other I want to see how far he's willing to carry the lie. I ask all sorts of questions feigning enthusiasm and he goes on for around an hour. He thereafter commits to the lie for the rest of the time I know him. Kinda hosed, but this is a temporary relationship and I'd like to continue hanging out because other than this bump everything's smooth sailing.
Not long after I'm hanging out with some other friends at a mall, two girls and a guy. Ex is supposed to be coming to pick me up soon, so we say our hugs and goodbyes. When he arrives, he's fuming. He goes off about the guy friend and how much he hates him, how he has no right hugging me. I have no loving clue how he could know this as he arrived after I broke off from the group. I don't really know what to say.
Two weeks before I leave, he cuts off all contact. I run into him at a mutual friend's workplace and tell him I'm leaving soon, we should hang out before I go. Dead silence from him until my last night there, wherein he calls me and wants to know if I wanna hang out. I told him to gently caress off. About six months after I left, my sister calls and asks what my ex's car looks like. I describe it and she tells me she's seen it several times driving by the house (on a cul de sac) slowly. Uh... huh.
When I'm 24, I'm back in the area and I run into him while with my nephew who, due to the age difference between my brother and me, is only a few years younger than myself. Ex acts really awkward. He starts going on about oh, wow, he's just got SO MUCH MONEY, he's doing SO WELL, WOW. He's bought a brand new car and this giant-rear end TV and WOWEE, just so much money! I'm confused why he thought I'd be impressed by this since we'd always gone dutch, even on my birthday dinner. He also asked no questions about me at all. A week later he writes me on Facebook and asks me if I want to date him again. I say no.

Now he contacts me once a year around the time of year he last ran into me, asking if I'm going to be in the area and if I want to hang out. We dated in 2009 for three months.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

JiveHonky posted:

*crying hysterically* WHY WONT YOU TELL MEEEEEEE WHYYYY???? YOU HATE ME DONT YOU? I BET YOU WOULD TELL JANET YOU WANT JANET DONT YOU YOU BASTARD WAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I don't talk about my sex life to people because they always start up with that "I know how you feel" bullshit and its like COOL GREAT YEA BOTH OF US HAVE HAD SEX BEFORE SO OBVIOUSLY YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THANK YOU FOR FORCING ME TO RELIVE A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE SO YOU COULD NOD YOUR HEAD AND PRETEND YOU GET IT

they were bad. the end. bye.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

loquacius posted:

two lessons:

a) only the craziest girls are willing to touch a goon when the goon is young, sadbrained, and unsocialized
b) college-aged goons are willing to put up with loving anything

C) miss a million red flags to get the wiener wet.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

loquacius posted:

- Insist on me letting her pop my backne. This one is gross as poo poo but it's 100% true. I hated it, because it loving hurt and I was kind of embarrassed about having backne in the first place, but she was obsessed with it and wouldn't take no for an answer.

This one stands out, only because I've found it's pretty common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Im usually the batshit crazy ex

• Locked thread