Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
My craziest ex was crazy as heck. Crazy I tell you. As crazy as a fire hydrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Nostratic posted:

Yeah, no juicy upcoming E/N story about driving across the country to hook up with my college ex. It's a true story, it took me a solid 3 years to really get past it and try dating again. Even when my then-future wife and I were getting serious, I spent a lot of time sweating when she was going to leave me. Unfortunately for her, she never did and now we're waiting for ISIS to attack my work place so she can collect my life insurance, plus the sweet-rear end death and dismemberment coverage :metal:

As for reasons, it's hard to explain. It's like trying to hug water. She said she was stressing about school, but later she was worried about planning the wedding (which we weren't needing to plan for another 18 months or so), her mom called her once at some point (but she never mentioned it to me, despite her having told me about how alternately absent and lovely her mom was), she felt "mentally raped" by... something she never bothered to explain? The reason seemed to change the more we talked about what happened, but I gave up at that last one. Oh, and apparently she didn't REALLY want to go to the Skinny Puppy show I took her to. Despite her being almost as big a fan as I was.

So yeah, dodged a bullet. But poo poo, it still hurt to see her name pop up when she messaged me on Facebook two or three years ago.

she wasn't attracted to you anymore and was looking for a way out, but now twenty years later she realised you were one of the better partners she had after a series of trashy relationships and regrets it

hope this helps

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lichy posted:

she wasn't attracted to you anymore and was looking for a way out, but now twenty years later she realised you were one of the better partners she had after a series of trashy relationships and regrets it

hope this helps

this is why it is important to date/befriend as many women as possible in your youth. 10-20 years later when you are in a lull there will always be a few women from your past who saw you with nostalga eyes.

Facebook makes even long lost acquaintances easy to reconnect with, and they will!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Rutibex posted:

this is why it is important to date/befriend as many women as possible in your youth. 10-20 years later when you are in a lull there will always be a few women from your past who saw you with nostalga eyes.

Facebook makes even long lost acquaintances easy to reconnect with, and they will!

This is true over the last five years I got mails from like, 3 different ex girlfriends who got divorced and were trying to recapture their youth.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Minimalist Program posted:

This is true over the last five years I got mails from like, 3 different ex girlfriends who got divorced and were trying to recapture their youth.

same, ones isn't even divorced yet :v:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same, except they were from my anime waifus facebook accounts that i created and then wrote from, to myself

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Same, except they're suing me for child support and emotional distress

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I don't seem to be having that problem.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Nostratic posted:

Yeah, no juicy upcoming E/N story about driving across the country to hook up with my college ex. It's a true story, it took me a solid 3 years to really get past it and try dating again. Even when my then-future wife and I were getting serious, I spent a lot of time sweating when she was going to leave me. Unfortunately for her, she never did and now we're waiting for ISIS to attack my work place so she can collect my life insurance, plus the sweet-rear end death and dismemberment coverage :metal:

As for reasons, it's hard to explain. It's like trying to hug water. She said she was stressing about school, but later she was worried about planning the wedding (which we weren't needing to plan for another 18 months or so), her mom called her once at some point (but she never mentioned it to me, despite her having told me about how alternately absent and lovely her mom was), she felt "mentally raped" by... something she never bothered to explain? The reason seemed to change the more we talked about what happened, but I gave up at that last one. Oh, and apparently she didn't REALLY want to go to the Skinny Puppy show I took her to. Despite her being almost as big a fan as I was.

So yeah, dodged a bullet. But poo poo, it still hurt to see her name pop up when she messaged me on Facebook two or three years ago.

"Mentally raped" from something she can't explain? Super upset about going to a concert for a band she really likes? Yeesh. She sounds crazy, and not even in a fun way.

Glad this had a happy ending for you. She can go screw up somebody else's life.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Captain Splendid posted:

- telling me she loved me after two months

The rest is pretty crazyex.txt but this made me realize that there are goons way more emotionally unavailable than me.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Can you believe this oval office, we've barely lived together for a year and she just goes and dumps that three-word H-bomb like some clingy bitch. Severed immediately, good riddance to bad rubbish go find some other sucker. We weren't even married, jfc smdh.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Otisburg posted:

The rest is pretty crazyex.txt but this made me realize that there are goons way more emotionally unavailable than me.

Yeah, I don't think two months is too soon if you've spent a lot of time around each other. If you've only been on a couple of dates, that would be different.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Carmant posted:

Im the batshit crazy ex

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

green chicken feet posted:

Yeah, I don't think two months is too soon if you've spent a lot of time around each other. If you've only been on a couple of dates, that would be different.

It was a long-distance thing from the get-go, we only saw each other every other weekend.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Captain Splendid posted:

It was a long-distance thing from the get-go, we only saw each other every other weekend.

Ok yeah looking at it as "the fourth date" rather than "two months of dating" does change the landscape on that one.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My craziest ex was a loving loon

She was some kind of legal secretary, but completely prided herself on being "fierce" and all that other lame poo poo you see chicks post on facebook

Everytime we'd go somewhere nice for a party she'd comment on how easy it would be to rib

She was a huge parkour/crossfit nut

Had a bunch of gimp suits she claimed were just "For fun"

also had some whips and poo poo

Completely obsessed with some guy at her night job

Might have been a furry, definitely a crazy cat person

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Owned a television

Ate chicken

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

sinking belle posted:

Owned a television

Ate chicken

Hello, that's me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sinking belle posted:

Owned a television

Ate chicken

Aw poo poo, this is basically all I do

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

:therapy:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Most of these emotional wounds seem to be self-inflicted.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

loquacius posted:

Aw poo poo, this is basically all I do

Same, wanna be each others next crazy ex

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Decebal posted:

Also, I thought the "get mad at you because of a dream" was only confined to my crazy ex but it appears to be more frequent than I imagined

I don't think it's a red flag or anything. If somebody does something in a dream, it may as well have actually happened as far as you brain is concerned. It's hard to just shake it off even if it was a dream because you still remember them doing it even if it wasn't real.

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
she was her sisters pet

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

dog buttz posted:

I don't think it's a red flag or anything. If somebody does something in a dream, it may as well have actually happened as far as you brain is concerned. It's hard to just shake it off even if it was a dream because you still remember them doing it even if it wasn't real.

this is so loving stupid holy poo poo

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
i saw gangs and h ave been initiated into multiple street gangs it is not that big a deal or something itll ur brain gets REKT

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nlvSKFLs8

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dog buttz posted:

You have a mental disorder if you can't distinguish between dreams and reality.
Holy gently caress. You cannot be serious.

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mp8a0ka7L8

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hows it hanging dare?

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

flerp posted:

hows it hanging dare?

really enjoying this new death in vegas album- transmission

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

nobody speak posted:

really enjoying this new death in vegas album- transmission

im glad ur having a good time, stay safe out there

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

dog buttz posted:

It's absolutely a red flag you nut case

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

I have see or heard every episode of 'I Love Lucy' like a dozen times.

My crazy ex owned all the DVDs and would watch them all on a loop over 5 years.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

proof of concept posted:

Seriously. I've had dreams where I've cheated on my girlfriend or she has cheated on me, and the biggest sensation I get afterwards is immense relief that lasts for two seconds. Then I think "that was a crazy dream" and then I get on with my day.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Inzombiac posted:

You have a mental disorder if you can't distinguish between dreams and reality.
Holy gently caress. You cannot be serious.

I don't think they mean that it's "normal" to be unable to distinguish between dreams and reality. However, it's quite common for someone to have a vivid dream shortly before waking up and for some of the emotions to seep into the start of their day. If you have a dream where someone does something that makes you furious, it's normal to feel a bit angry when you wake up. If that person is the person next to you when you wake up, you might be angry at them.

Of course, a normal person quickly gains control of their senses and gets on with their day, and apologises if they were rude about it.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cmndstab posted:

I don't think they mean that it's "normal" to be unable to distinguish between dreams and reality. However, it's quite common for someone to have a vivid dream shortly before waking up and for some of the emotions to seep into the start of their day. If you have a dream where someone does something that makes you furious, it's normal to feel a bit angry when you wake up. If that person is the person next to you when you wake up, you might be angry at them.

Of course, a normal person quickly gains control of their senses and gets on with their day, and apologises if they were rude about it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

How unstable are some of you that your dreams do anything but give you some brief "huh that was weird" thought in the morning? Holy poo poo you all are scary.

Edit: hell last dream that had anything on me was some terrible horror movie type drive that had me yell out in my sleep. Soon as I woke up I was all mother fucker that dream got me acting like something actually happened that was so stupid.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Anyone else figure that cmndstab probably gets mad at their partners/lovers in the morning for slights that happen in their dreams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ha, yeah she was really something. what a character. i miss her so fuckig much.i had my shot and i blew it,i guess this is what dying alone feels like

• Locked thread