Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Two of my exes had clinical depression.

One was diagnosed and on meds etc, but the other one was not diagnosed and I don't know for a fact that she ever was, but she had a tendency to sit in her dorm room (this was in college) completely unresponsive for long periods of time, even/especially when she was supposed to meet me somewhere.

She wasn't the first girl I'd dated that regularly stood me up, so I got used to it pretty quickly. Like if we were supposed to meet on the main green, and I got there and she wasn't there, I'd just keep walking, justifying it in my head like "I'll meet her on her way here," until I inevitably got to her dorm and found her in bed in her pajamas.

She was also really, really insecure about her appearance which manifested in the following ways:
- getting actually mad at me if I said she looked nice using too strong of language because obviously I was lying
- being one of those girls that never ever lets you see her without makeup (although I did a few times, and I honestly couldn't tell the difference since her makeup was subtle anyway)
- Photoshopping pictures of herself to be ugly on purpose and posting those pictures on hot-or-not type websites, and on a few occasions making them her Facebook profile pictures so that way if someone thought they were ugly at least it was on purpose

Other assorted poo poo she did:
- Beg me to make the half-an-hour walk over to her place for a party her dormmates were throwing because she was anxious about it, then not picking up her phone to let me in when I got there until I just had to leave another half an hour later
- Refuse to sleep at my place even though her place didn't have parking so I had to make that same walk and share her twin-sized dorm bed every time I wanted to sleep in the same bed as her, instead of picking her up in my car and driving back to my full-sized queen bed
- Insist on me letting her pop my backne. This one is gross as poo poo but it's 100% true. I hated it, because it loving hurt and I was kind of embarrassed about having backne in the first place, but she was obsessed with it and wouldn't take no for an answer.
- Regularly say really mean poo poo to me in a really casual way, like that she thought we'd break up soon but that she'd really miss the backne thing, or interrupt me in the middle of saying something to say "I don't care" in a really cutesy baby voice and then stare at me blankly
- Refuse to have sex with me for the last several months of our relationship and get mad at me for trying to initiate because she felt bad about having no interest in it

For that last part of it I was p much only keeping her around out of stubbornness, and she was blatantly only keeping me around so she'd Have A Boyfriend until she found someone else to switch to. Eventually she did and basically went on the first five or six dates with him while we were still dating until finally I had to break it off for her. The only reason she ever gave me for it was that I was too fat for her (no one else has ever said this; we had the same diet/exercise habits; I didn't gain a noticeable amount of weight in the time period between when we met and when we broke up). Wanted to still be friends after that. I did not.

ok that's about it

fake-edit: bolded craziest parts for emphasis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

two lessons:

a) only the craziest girls are willing to touch a goon when the goon is young, sadbrained, and unsocialized
b) college-aged goons are willing to put up with loving anything

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

diabeetz posted:

This one stands out, only because I've found it's pretty common.

I'm not really sure whether knowing this is a relief or not

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rutibex posted:

the last three relationships I had my ex became a prostitute after we broke up. one became a stripper first, then transitioned. I used to think it was only the last two, but a recent read of my exes Kik profile has a detailed list of "services"

Sounds like you got a good deal

diabeetz posted:

heheheh aren't you the Guelph dude, because I specifically thought of Guelph friends who admit to doing it

Hell no, I'm not Canadian :911:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Regrettable posted:

Seems like she wasn't very attracted to you but didn't want to say it, imo.

The problem is that she was to start but then changed her mind

why yes, this did give me issues in future relationships

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That post was kind of therapeutic to type though and the rest of this thread is helping put it in perspective. I have never been stabbed :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dethkon posted:

That's so loving gross. Efukt girl liked to do it to, not on my back but like, pimples. It's way too familiar, kills the mystery, kills the sexiness.

It would be super ironic if this had been what caused her to lose interest all along

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Skeleton Ape posted:

She faked a few pregnancies

Oh, I forgot, mine did this too

She wasn't doing it on purpose though I don't think, she just had a super-hosed-up menstrual cycle and was convinced she was pregnant a few times despite being on birth control. One time she even went as far as buying up a bunch of some supplement or other because she read that ODing on it could induce miscarriage. She was never pregnant.

One of those times was after we hadn't had sex in like three months. I don't think she was cheating on me (at that point anyway), she was just freaking out over her unpredictable vag. She wanted me to buy her a pregnancy test because bringing one of them up to the cashier at CVS was really embarrassing (having had to do it for her on another occasion, I agree, it really is). I was 100% sure she wasn't pregnant, and even if she was it was physically impossible for me to have been involved in any way, and by that point I barely gave a poo poo anyway, so I just said no and let her deal with it (she dealt with it by doing nothing until her period finally arrived)

loquacius fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 1, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

extra stout posted:

the number of you who deal with even a single faked pregnancy and dont break up is confusing me

do i have unrealistic expectations of someone's humanity and sanity or are you all just incapable of leaving someone

Well on the one hand it was less "faking pregnancies" in my case and more "being overly susceptible to pregnancy scares and somehow not learning the 'I just have a hosed-up menstrual cycle' lesson after experiencing it basically every month since puberty"

but on the other hand yeah I absolutely should have put a stop to the whole thing months before I did. That was the first girl to touch my dick (the actually-diagnosed-depression girl never did and turned out to be a lesbian when I asked someone about her years later, and I was like "yeah makes sense") which had a lot to do with it, but mostly I was like "I can fix this, I can fix anything" without stopping to think whether it was worth fixing

If you spend your formative years convinced no one will ever love you, it takes a lot of time to process an idea like "this relationship is doomed and I can do better"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tbf that is a really bad date idea

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Early on in my dating process w/ my first girlfriend I found out she had never seen Pulp Fiction and responded with shock

Guess what also turned out to be a really bad date idea??? :v:

jamcadbury posted:

i'm happily married to the first girlfriend i ever had :shrug:

how does it feel to only ever have had sex with one person

like in olden times or whatever

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The only art student I've ever dated hated everyone else at her school, which is probably the only reason why she's not the one I think of when I think "my batshit crazy ex"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cyberia posted:

Tinder date 1 was probably homeless and looking for somewhere to crash for the night, fyi

Honestly if you're the kind of homeless where you still have access to a smartphone you should probably still be housetrained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sinking belle posted:

Owned a television

Ate chicken

Aw poo poo, this is basically all I do

• Locked thread