Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

It was something in FYAD I think. Back in my tender youth I had a summer where I was determined to be a forums superstar and posted there 24/7. Fast forward 13 years later (god I never felt more old than when I just typed that) and I only just recently dug myself out of having a negative post count.

Is that where negative posts come from, posting in FYAD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Lost my original account, but I believe that my first post was in a thread about 3DFX's Voodoo 5 5500 (1999 or so) and how goons shouldn't make the same mistake that I did by buying it. It was a wasted effort, because nobody else was dumb enough to do it.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i think one of those dwarf fortress let's play threads

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A Strange Aeon posted:

yes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Strange Aeon posted:

This is amazing to not know at 6 yrs. our community is truly fractured.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Check my rap sheet, I got banned for my first post :smuggo:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

I looked it up and wow, that was a weak rear end troll to be banned over. standards sure have changed!

I'm glad SA has grown up with me

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
something about pantsfish

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
can someone check for me i dont have post history

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

bradzilla posted:

Man, some blasts from the past in those threads. Forgot most of those Goons existed. The sad pathetic fate of all Goons.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Kuato posted:

Man, some blasts from the past in those threads. Forgot most of those Goons existed. The sad pathetic fate of all Goons.

ill4never forget you Kuarten

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Kuato posted:

what ever happened to two worlds

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

im gay posted:

can someone check for me i dont have post history

this is your oldest I could find--post 1000. Post history only shows 1000 apparently.

im gay posted:

alright boys i need some suggestions. i have four real life friends that have bones and they all want me to get it. but i want a ps4 and to upgrade my PC. suggestions???

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Darth123123 posted:

This is amazing to not know at 6 yrs. our community is truly fractured.

You're right, but I mean--every once in a while I look in FYAD and I just don't get it, so I never really got into what it was even supposed to be about.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

It was something in FYAD I think. Back in my tender youth I had a summer where I was determined to be a forums superstar and posted there 24/7. Fast forward 13 years later (god I never felt more old than when I just typed that) and I only just recently dug myself out of having a negative post count.

hot dog day crew whatup whatup

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

A Strange Aeon posted:

this is your oldest I could find--post 1000. Post history only shows 1000 apparently.

damnn im a loving idiot

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Something stupid I'm sure

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

Something stupid I'm sure

never mind the walrus

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

im gay posted:

damnn im a loving idiot

what only capturing the past 1000 posts does is let someone reinvent themselves, which is pretty cool.

like, you could post 2000 posts in some sub-forum and be a big idiot, but then decide to turn over a new leaf, and start posting good and true in some other forum.

and then after you've posted 1000 posts, the old big idiot you is gone, or at least very hard to track down, and you're basically a fresh new poster

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

never mind the walrus

I've been waiting 10 loving years for someone to make a post like this

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Well not to brag but my regdate was even earlier, I banned myself at one point by posting nudes of another poster- my original regdate was 2/01 I think

anyway my first post was about 9/11

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I've only been here for about 9 months and I've already forgotten what it was...and I'm too lazy to look it up...

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

I've been waiting 10 loving years for someone to make a post like this

it goes through my head every time I see you post and I have lost all inhibitions when it comes to saying things here in gbs

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

A Strange Aeon posted:

what only capturing the past 1000 posts does is let someone reinvent themselves, which is pretty cool.

like, you could post 2000 posts in some sub-forum and be a big idiot, but then decide to turn over a new leaf, and start posting good and true in some other forum.

and then after you've posted 1000 posts, the old big idiot you is gone, or at least very hard to track down, and you're basically a fresh new poster

thanks i needed that

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Laurenz posted:

I've only been here for about 9 months and I've already forgotten what it was...and I'm too lazy to look it up...

Pretty innocuous if you ask me:

Laurenz posted:

I've lived in England for the majority of my life and growing up there were a lot of kids with braces. But no-one really had bad teeth.

I blame the council housed chavs.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Laurenz posted:

You have koos probes ur ok

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

I'm curious now. poo poo, it's probably something stupid and cringy.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Here is your first post, I believe, since you have under 1000:

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Tamaryn - "I'm Gone

From a PYF "song you can't stop listening to" thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Glasgow Kiss posted:

How do u have a clean rap for 9 years?

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Pretty innocuous if you ask me:

It sounds too sincere and straight forward.

CRINGE

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i think I posted some bullshit about being a dickhead butcher at a grocery store

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i think it was in some prank thread where someone said someone famous was dead, but it turned out they weren't

i was like "this is hilarious but don't try to rush to copy it you idiots, don't poo poo this place up with fake death threads"

and then the next April Fools day i posted a thread saying the Foo Fighters plane crashed and they were all dead lol

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I don't remember my 1st one exactly, but I remember posting in PHIZ and PMing somebody apologizing to them because they called me out for being a noob. Then they publically called me out for being a noob, and realizing my mistake I then called them out for being a dumbass and many laughs were had. I was really stupid back then, I mean I still am, but I grew a little that day.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm really not sure what my first post was, but I bet it was a really good post.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Probably something about Warcrafts or Gundams, both equally shameful.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

A Strange Aeon posted:

that's a p bad post

e: the game post not u for looking up the post

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Whatver it was was a lie. Several humans have been murdered for just portending to know me

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I made :firstpost: in The Book Barn

Also, my very first post here was intended to be a gimmick and I was drunk, so I posted a long story about how my then non-existent wife and I enjoyed pegging, complete with a photo I found on Google Images.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

i forget but i immediately got banned for trolling

I really like your first probation

quote:

You don't post much, but boy howdy when you do it's really bad. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Those were simpler times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That was 12 goddamn years ago, so

jackyl posted:

gently caress if I know

• Locked thread