Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I submit for your approval, to the Midnight Society, the Are You Afraid of the Dark thread...

Did this show scare you as a child? What was your favorite episode? Which one scared you the most? What was your favorite monster?

Don't forget to put out the fire, please be safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
*opens bag of sand, tosses handful onto fire*

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i only caught that at the tailend because i didnt have cable and had to settle for Ghostwriter on PBS instead

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mariana Horchata posted:

i only caught that at the tailend because i didnt have cable and had to settle for Ghostwriter on PBS instead

oh jesus

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Loved this show, still spooked to this day by the idea of a radio station off the end of the dial that lets you hear the dead

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i liked the one where they got stuck in a fuckin pinball machine or something

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

the great deceiver posted:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i only ever saw one where some girl almost got her soul stolen by trying one one her dead aunts dresses in an attic

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I loved this show as a kid. Nothing quite like getting your spooky fix between this and the latest Goosebumps episode.

Best episodes were the one with Count Orlock from Nosferatu terrorizing a movie theater and the one with the shadow people.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

For the longest time my sister kept talking about that episode "with the scary black people."
I thought I had completely forgotten about some racist episode, then I realized she was talking about the one with the loving x-ray glasses.

The "black people"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

That was cool cause there's no resolution it just ends with him stuck in the pinball machine forever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ein cooler Typ posted:

That was cool cause there's no resolution it just ends with him stuck in the pinball machine forever

:agreed: that was one of the more twilightish-zone sad endings. most of em usually got resolved happily but that one kind of stuck with me

also gently caress the pool monster. to this day i can't stand swimming in waters in the dark, and empty indoor swimming pools have a very eery feel.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

*opens bag of sand, tosses handful onto fire*

its coffee creamer you fuckin clod

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

hth posted:

its coffee creamer you fuckin clod

no its spooky magic sand

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
the one with the sentient public pool that convinced people to drown themselves in it with hypnosis or whatever holy god gently caress that

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah whatever, I watched that show. But yo, check it out, Wishbone was better.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
silver snakes 4 lyfe

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
So far Pool Monster scariest #1

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

The Endbringer posted:

For the longest time my sister kept talking about that episode "with the scary black people."
I thought I had completely forgotten about some racist episode, then I realized she was talking about the one with the loving x-ray glasses.

The "black people"

haha wtf is this what gaydar looks like? lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The majority of the actors playing the kids within the stories were Canadian, so it was fun to hear the words "sorry" and "house."

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

That one where the guy is constantly being terrorized by drowned ghosts or something, but they have to return to the water every morning. Like just move away from the ocean you idiot.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

;)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

only two I remember are the one with the vampires in the hospital (kind of scary) and the one where the kid has some magic dust and makes his sisters voice go all high pitched or some poo poo (like wtf is this poo poo am i supposed to be scared by this?)

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
They should bring this show back.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cymoril posted:

They should bring this show back.

Kids these days would get triggered

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Kids these days would get triggered

Good.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

holy gently caress when he pulls the kids old stuffed hippo out the terlet :cry: that show was great although it prob hasn't aged well and I'd hate to see that particular episode again because at six I thought it was fuckin terrifying

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
drat remember the one with the sister sister twins about the chameleon only it was a fuckin baby iguana and it ruined my immeraion

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I was really afraid of the intro but never the show. Also I have never been afraid of actual darkness, only things like cancer, dementia, and my relatives dying.

Now something that scared me was Silence of The Lambs. I watched the movie on home video and read it and Red Dragon in the library when I was about 9. I wasn't sure exactly what semen was or what it was for, but I knew it was vital to solving crimes.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 1, 2016

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I was really afraid of the intro but never the show. Also I have never been afraid of actual darkness, only things like cancer, dementia, and my relatives dying.

Now something that scared me was Silence of The Lambs. I watched the movie on home video and read it and Red Dragon in the library when I was about 9. I wasn't sure exactly what semen was or what it was for, but I knew it was vital to solving crimes.

nowadays every tv show focuses on semen samples

semen in the corpse

semen in the drapes

semen in the beards

it's pretty sweet

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
this was a good show back in the day

lol why did the librarian ghost haunt the library in that one ep? it made no sense but it was funny as hell

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Gatekeeper posted:

nowadays every tv show focuses on semen samples

semen in the corpse

semen in the drapes

semen in the beards

it's pretty sweet

I feel like I need to donate some semen just so they can close some cold cases. I still don't understand how it works but I feel like this would help.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

That Robot posted:

this was a good show back in the day

lol why did the librarian ghost haunt the library in that one ep? it made no sense but it was funny as hell

where else would a librarian ghost haunt????????? the deli????????? get a brain

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Not if I got a glow boner

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gatekeeper posted:

drat remember the one with the sister sister twins about the chameleon only it was a fuckin baby iguana and it ruined my immeraion

That episode always ruined my day cause it had an unhappy ending

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

hahaha salute your shorts

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What's the difference between this and goosebumps?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

where else would a librarian ghost haunt????????? the deli????????? get a brain

yeah but why would she haunt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They should do a revival. Kids need a Twilight Zone-ish anthology series, it's the rules.

• Locked thread