Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Every person at that convention looks like the nerdiest person alive

Every person at EVERY convention looks like the nerdiest person alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

What's weightless, can be seen by the naked eye, and if put in a barrel, will make it lighter?

A hole?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That is the correct answer. VendaGoat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

That is the correct answer. VendaGoat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA

Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Gary, the nerdlinger with glasses used to be the weather guy on the local news.

I'm fairly certain he became a meteorologist for the weather network. Was surprised when I saw him on it a few years ago.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I Am Afraid Of Your Posting

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Wasn't there one where aliens kept kids in a zoo?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i loved the Sardo character, who was only in Gary's episodes.

- always tried to sell the vomit
- always highballed his offers, only to settle on a much lower price "I'm losing on the deal"
- was always unaware that the items he was selling possessed magical powers, and would just make poo poo up in order to sell them (ex. in the Carved stone, he thought he was selling an 'egyptian friendship stone' to the new girl, but it ended up being the time-traveling amulet); yet whenever the kid protagonist would return and inform Sardo of the item's true powers, he would always consult his magical book and provide a method to defeat the villain )

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Well hector I just watched episode 1 and now I am watching episode 2 and I will probably just keep watching all afternoon....

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Sperghetti posted:

I still reflexively say "I'm...cold..." the way the pussy ghost kid did in the episode where the kid died from being chilly and needed his hoodie returned to him before he could rest in peace.

"Hurrr I'm cold"

holy poo poo my sister and i have been doing this for so long that we both actually forgot how it started so thx bud :)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Gatekeeper posted:

holy poo poo my sister and i have been doing this for so long that we both actually forgot how it started so thx bud :)

Me and my wife still do it

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

She threatens to leave me every time

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wasn't there a two-parter where someone gets trapped in a doll house? That was some Stephen King poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
holy gently caress how did i not realize elisha cuthbert was on that show

e: oh it was teh lovely seasons no one saw

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mak0rz posted:

Wasn't there a two-parter where someone gets trapped in a doll house? That was some Stephen King poo poo.

the only two part episode was Cutter's Treasure (Frank/Gary combo story)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

b-minus1 posted:

the only two part episode was Cutter's Treasure (Frank/Gary combo story)

Oh okay. Still want confirmation on the doll house episode though.

I remember when Goosebumps started airing and it was loving lame. AYAOTD was a million times more terrifying. It had murder clowns and body horror and poo poo. Goosebumps had a bloodthirsty kitchen sponge.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

DrBouvenstein posted:

Easy there, big fella', you're combining two unrelated clown-based episodes.

The clown with e cigar is from the one where a kid goes on one of those lovely "haunted house" rides at a county fair and steals the red nose from a stupid fake clown, but then the real clown the fake clown is based off of, who smokes cigars, haunts him or something until he gives the nose back.

The microwave one is the Ghastly Grinner who is a comic-book jester villain brought to live in a microwave, obviously, who makes people turn into weird smiling doofuses with goo coming out of their mouths.
I thought the clown ghost goofs on him when he is heating up dinner in the microwave and he opens the door and oh no its full of cigar smoke and the dinner turned to ash.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

holy gently caress how did i not realize elisha cuthbert was on that show

e: oh it was teh lovely seasons no one saw

whaaaaat

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
does anyone know the name of the blog where the guy was reviewing all of the goosebumps books it was really funny

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
how many goosebumps books are there even?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what if an astronaut took that cursed camera that kills everyone it takes photos of up to the ISS and snapped a shot of the whole earth

would it work or nah bc the resolution of individual peeps is too lovely

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

what if an astronaut took that cursed camera that kills everyone it takes photos of up to the ISS and snapped a shot of the whole earth

would it work or nah bc the resolution of individual peeps is too lovely

say cheese and die...EARTH! I like it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Sid Vicious posted:

does anyone know the name of the blog where the guy was reviewing all of the goosebumps books it was really funny

http://www.bloggerbeware.com/

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

thanks man!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

zedprime posted:

I thought the clown ghost goofs on him when he is heating up dinner in the microwave and he opens the door and oh no its full of cigar smoke and the dinner turned to ash.

Oh yeah probably.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I think the first episode was the Tale of the Twisted Claw, which may or may not have been some SNICK special or something. Regardless, those high school kids or whatever wearing masks who stole the kids' candy were all "it'll give you CAVITIES" freaked the poo poo out of me.

Haha was amazed I found one of them GISing for "afraid dark twisted claw mask"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I first found out about the game while reading through Spiteful Crow's LP of Phantasmagoria. Someone made a joke about Orpheo's Curse being a better horror game, which was followed by a bunch of people agreeing that it was indeed a better game. Then I bought it and it was a good game. Shame there was only one.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
Just want to mention the lesser known member of the AYAOTD Evil Clown group: the Crimson Clown.

gently caress that clown. It was worse than Zebo and the Grinner to me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
The crimson clown didn't scare me as much, probably because i wanted him to kill the kid. seriously, he was a complete dick to everyone and had it coming.

Found a couple of complete episodes on dailymotion. I still contend that Midnight Madness is the best AYAOTD episode.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Whoa that's weird guy above me, I just watched finished watching Midnight Madness. It's not bad, but I didn't think it was great. Probably gonna watch more eps all morning while I "work"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Uh oh, sounds like something spooky is going on here :cry:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I only recall two episodes of this show - I didn't have cable as a kid but definitely saw it pretty often so I'm not sure why I can't remember more. The one I remember most vividly was the one with the evil chameleons, where in the end the girl's friend or sister or whatever gets tricked into killing the girl instead of the evil chameleon disguised as her. I thought that was awesome as a kid.

The other episode I remember, this kid's dad had like a super loud keyboard that may have been pumped through a satellite into space for some reason. After playing with it while his parents are gone, the kid starts getting hassled by a freaky alien monster. The episode ends when an alien mothership comes by, picks up the monster and scolds it, while explaining to the kid that the musical note sequence he had played on the satellite meant "play" in the alien language, and the monster was the alien's kid who just wanted to hang out. It was super cool.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

just popped in a bootleg dvd of the series, thanks for reminding me of this show

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I remember the chameleon one well, but vaguely remember the 2nd one.

There was another one where there was a ghost and he went away when some girl finished drawing a picture of a dove on some rock, it was awful and I hated it each time it came on.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

MrDru posted:

just popped in a bootleg dvd of the series, thanks for reminding me of this show

What episodes you gonna watch first?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

MrDru posted:

holy poo poo i just remembered my wife bought me a bootleg dvd of every episode of all that

i need to find that disk, i don't think i've seen it since the move !!!

why isn't this poo poo available legally lol like viacom you bitch just take my money gently caress

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What's that one where the girl lives with her grandma or something in some old apartment building?

Also, I like this series because it is doubly nostalgic for me. I remember watching all of the episodes originally, but there was a also a short period in freshman year of college when I watched a bunch of episodes, so I can think back to both of these periods fondly. :unsmith:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What episodes you gonna watch first?

going in order I guess. started with the phantom cab and now I'm on laughing in the dark. I think they're in order, but the pilot wasn't on here. maybe it's on another disk idk they aren't labeled

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Please post and share your thoughts on the episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The game was indeed very cool, I remember getting chased by a wax skeleton and luring it to the boiler room where it melted. I wish it was easily playable on GOG or something instead of requiring you to set up a highly specific Windows 98 VM config just to run

• Locked thread