Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Check it out. Its pretty good. Tanks are super fun and the death train is pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxRvFv6Hgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The person who made that video is not cool OR good.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
i wonder if :dice: is gonna make a announcer dlc in which snoop dog narrates the game.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I liked to fly planes a lot in that game though. Except I didnt know how and just crashed into random things.

KennyLoggins posted:

i wonder if :dice: is gonna make a announcer dlc in which snoop dog narrates the game.

Every vehicle, gun, ammo, map, outfit and announcer should be its own dlc. Just buy the parts of the game you want!! After $60 retail of course.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 1, 2016

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I played it for like 2 minutes after I installed it to check it out. I hopped into a tank jeep thing and did a wicked jump

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Have you considered that maybe it is not?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i sucked a dirty dick to get a copy of this. everyone here should suck a dirty dick as well. totally worth it

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i dont care abou t this dumb gay series anymore

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau

nigga crab pollock posted:

i dont care abou t this dumb gay series anymore

2 was peak 'field. Bad Company 2 was swell as well. Removal of command mode, making GBS threads up the vehicles, and indestructible terrain were all let downs. Basically just Call of Duty gray and brown boring grinding who cares. I stopped playing after 3 made you use IE as some bullshit garbage server browser from hell, gently caress that thing was awful.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's funny how many people like BF1 but dislike Battlefront when they are basically the same game. (I like both)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
the bf1 beta so far consists of this:
http://i.imgur.com/zLtmStY.gifv
Which is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bTl8HCOtc

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I miss BC2 and Vietnam. Those lobbies must be totally dead by now. :smith:

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
i wish i could go back in time to 2003 when i was playing bf1942 and show myself that video and then i would know that i should kill myself and not exist on this earth.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

i remember when the demo for call of duty first came out and you could throw the enemy's grenades back at them and it was like 'whoa'

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Defeating the entire allied team by having buddy place a remote cam showing the enemy carrier position, then sniping it to death with extreme range coastal gun shots. As long as your buddy kept giving you a remote cam of the ship, you could doom the entire enemy team.

Or driving the carrier around like a cruise ship as your teammates drop off around the map.

I miss you, Panama.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

How can you not play as the French in World War 1, or Russia, or even ANZAC forces I think

I mean, did no one get the memo about who actually fought WW1 in DICE's wholesome Swedish HQ or

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Dely Apple posted:

How can you not play as the French in World War 1, or Russia, or even ANZAC forces I think

I mean, did no one get the memo about who actually fought WW1 in DICE's wholesome Swedish HQ or

I'm dumb. Sorry.

I'd like to see more of that, enough US only.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Anzacs & canadians are in the game (cosmetic subset of british forces) France is dlc (lol) and no doubt russia too, probably dlc with like 2 eastern front maps.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its one of those games that is really fun but also completely retarded and dumb at the same time you know?

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Fonzarelli posted:

its one of those games that is really fun but also completely retarded and dumb at the same time you know?

That was what made 1942 so awesome, especially before the patch when everyone would try to jump on the bomber wings and ride on it while it flew around. My greatest moments were the time I actually killed a submarine using destroyer depth charges, and the time I accidentally shot down an enemy plane with artillery.

More games need totally broken physics, nothing has ever captured that original 1942 feel imo.

edit: nice regdate fukkin noob

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
bf1 is the most bf1942 battlefield game since bf1942 and it owns

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Wait, is France really a dlc in a ww1 game? lol maybe they'll get around to adding Germany next!!!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Lord Binky posted:

Wait, is France really a dlc in a ww1 game? lol maybe they'll get around to adding Germany next!!!

key to success for any historical war game makers:

DAY 1 DLC: UNLOCK AMERICA: $59.99

making a game about the Sino-Russo War?

Bosnian War?

Thai-Laotian Border War?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

start saying the US won the war single-handedly and watch all the euro trash on the server have a meltdown.

• Locked thread