Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah you're getting some badly written stuff either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FELD1 posted:

I think it looks pretty rad.

As bad as last season was, what was worse was people coming in the thread to poo poo on it while hate-watching. If you're gonna watch this season at least try to glean some enjoyment from it rather than being a dour piece of poo poo.

No.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

My larger problem with catching up is that I also bailed on Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. So this is a bit like committing to Angel and Buffy if both sucked.

I gave up on Legends of Tomorrow when we got to vampire bats, and peaced out of The Flash when they totally let the one good thing (the funny, likable detective) just walk out of the narrative for no good reason.

I should still stay away, right?

Man, this sounds like my posts in the old Drugs forum. That are apparently not in existence any more. What the hell, SA?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I thought onthebench said he wasn't going to be doing more. He never even finished Legends of Tomorrow due to burning out on how awful Arrow and Flash got.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I want to reiterate the previous post, the shows got too bad to make fun of how bad they are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It looks like that multi-series contract for Katie Cassidy is going to be Laurel, and not (just) Black Siren.

quote:

Katie Cassidy did sign a deal to be a series regular across all Arrow-verse shows. What ways might we see her appear in Arrow outside of just flashbacks?
Mericle: I can tell you that we're really excited about having her back. You will see in the episodes where she appears - Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere. Keep your eyes out for that. We're so excited about getting to work with her again and her willingness to come back. It's one of the fun parts of the show. People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-queen/

(She's supposed to be in the season premiere too but that is likely a flashback to whatever the hospital secret was.)

Also I guess that means that Flashpoint either stretches to the crossover, or there's some kind of ripple.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spacebump posted:

I've never understood hate watching shows. You would think people could find better uses of their time than watching something they don't like.

And yet somehow the Simpsons still has regular season threads.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'd actually be pretty okay with Fake-Flashpoint bringing Laurel back. I'd even buy them having planned it ahead of time rather than doing it as a reaction to the fan outrage. Comics frequently have characters die and come back sometimes years down the line, including our own Barry Allen. Doing something like that in a show is a lot harder given contracts and locking in actors, so actually going so far as to kill a character knowing they were doing Flashpoint COULD be a good thing.

On the other hand even if it was such a thing and planned out the writers of the various shows haven't shown they can write at a consistent, quality level so even if they go that route I'm sure the ball will get dropped somehow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think she'll be back as a series regular either way.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How do I watch last season now since it's gone off Hulu? All I need to do is watch the last two episodes

Also, does this mean I have to wait until the entire season is over for me to watch this one? Hulu would have last night's episode up by the time I got home from work

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Last season should be on Netflix. Your legitimate options to stay current are their website/app (which I don't think requires a cable subscription) or buy it through iTunes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

How do I watch last season now since it's gone off Hulu? All I need to do is watch the last two episodes

Also, does this mean I have to wait until the entire season is over for me to watch this one? Hulu would have last night's episode up by the time I got home from work

No, the CW app will have the episodes next day.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't doubt that they've always planned for Laurel to come back at some point down the line, it's just that the execution (:buddy:) of the death itself was sloppy and fridgey and just...really off-putting? And even then it was hardly the worst the show has done, but the capstone of the fact that Arrow had done nothing but write annoying plots for a long time at that point. It had becaome that show where everything was annoying.

omg chael crash posted:

Do you, though? Do you really need to? :v:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's a bit amazing that they felt the need to up the Salmon Ladder ante by having him do it in a business suit.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's a bit amazing that they felt the need to up the Salmon Ladder ante by having him do it in a business suit.

Can't afford a Salmon Ladder gap.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Who's ready for some island flashbacks? :dance:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh hey they borrowed the bullshit computer hacking arrow from Hawkeye.

AND Ollie is back to being A Dick.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

oh drat TMNT crossover?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Oh hey they borrowed the bullshit computer hacking arrow from Hawkeye.

that's existed since literally the first episode

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was a good introduction sequence.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

that's existed since literally the first episode

Wow. I wonder if I just tried to shield myself from remembering it exists or something because I have no memory of it ever showing up.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

This isn't the island. :saddowns:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Wow. I wonder if I just tried to shield myself from remembering it exists or something because I have no memory of it ever showing up.

iirc he used it to hack into some rich rear end in a top hat's bank account

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Cutty, you were supposed to be out of the game!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Huh. Is that our first reference to Bludhaven?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Detective Lance, nooooo Laurel would be so disappointed in you :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Huh. Is that our first reference to Bludhaven?

i think that's where roy ended up

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That dude popped a sweet wheelie during the getaway.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

i think that's where roy ended up

Looks like it came up in season 1 when Merlyn was holding the step-dad prisoner there, and has gotten mentioned in some way or another a few times in seasons 2 and 3.

Edit: Okay, the chair scene owned.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 6, 2016

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hell yeah, Ollie, kill them all.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

didn't ollie kill a guy in the first episode just like that?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Ollie getting back to roots and just straight up killing the gently caress out of dudes again is a nice change of pace. Didn't even hesitate with the gun, either.

Maybe this season really will be better than the last.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Brother Entropy posted:

didn't ollie kill a guy in the first episode just like that?

Yes, that was the callback. Your years of watching this terrible show have been rewarded.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Oliver Queen, Mayor Murder :patriot:

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

An arrow for anything apparently.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Parachute arrow owns.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

noted liberal mayor oliver queen takes a bold 'actually cops are cool and good' stance in 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Mr. Terrific time.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Who the hell is this guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Who the hell is this guy!

Judging by the weapons another League of Assassins leftover or Malcolm Merlyn once more proving he should have been killed any dozen or so of convenient times before now?

• Locked thread