Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

adhuin posted:

We the viewers.

Again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Manu Bennett is kind of known for being crazy too. He's been upset since the end of season 2 that he lost to the Arrow, on the TV show Arrow.

(Also the Deathstroke he likes is the lovely Identity Crisis era one that everyone else hates.)

In other news, Katie Cassidy said she's in the premiere. Though that doesn't tell us much, since it can either be a flashback to what she made Oliver promise, some other flashback, or Flashpoint. There will be flashing in any case I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Honestly, I met that guy live when they were wrapping Arrow and he has a bit of a reason to be sore. They could have easily made better use of him as reoccurring character post-S02 but they threw all their love in the Barrowman/Malcom Merlin bucket and froze him out.

They probably did it because he got another show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

He's can't incase he gets hurt.

Yeah, he was actually invited 2 years ago but it was during production so he couldn't.

It would probably have to be a tie-in promotion for the show for them to allow it since there's an injury risk, and ANW is on NBC so there's little chance of that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well you can't use the one about Flash being a savior.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash is mostly Glee fans who just want Barry and his sister to hook up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Please come back to murder Felicity.

That's actually the first 2 comments.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yep, he's in the flashback story I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They said they'll just stop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OB_Juan posted:

Spoilered just in case I guess? Dig was the best part of that, right?

Always is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A fight club only has to be a club where fighting occurs. It doesn't have to be between members.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Youtube one earlier was the full thing. They fight robot orbs.

Kara forgets she has laser eyes for most of it. Barry forgets his only power. Firestorm is still a lame Human Torch knock-off instead of a matter manipulator. I don't think Ray even shrinks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is some great revisionist history.

Most of you were on board until like the last 6 episodes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That explains a lot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah you're getting some badly written stuff either way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It looks like that multi-series contract for Katie Cassidy is going to be Laurel, and not (just) Black Siren.

quote:

Katie Cassidy did sign a deal to be a series regular across all Arrow-verse shows. What ways might we see her appear in Arrow outside of just flashbacks?
Mericle: I can tell you that we're really excited about having her back. You will see in the episodes where she appears - Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere. Keep your eyes out for that. We're so excited about getting to work with her again and her willingness to come back. It's one of the fun parts of the show. People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-queen/

(She's supposed to be in the season premiere too but that is likely a flashback to whatever the hospital secret was.)

Also I guess that means that Flashpoint either stretches to the crossover, or there's some kind of ripple.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think she'll be back as a series regular either way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

How do I watch last season now since it's gone off Hulu? All I need to do is watch the last two episodes

Also, does this mean I have to wait until the entire season is over for me to watch this one? Hulu would have last night's episode up by the time I got home from work

No, the CW app will have the episodes next day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was about a thousand times better premiere than Flash's.

It really goes to show what each show's priority is when the equivalent to setting up the new status quo and new villains was "Iris doesn't talk to Joe".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I thought that was a great premiere (though admittedly I've never gotten close to the hatred that some people seem to have for this show). The new status quo is an interesting one, the flashback story actually has potential, the new villain is cool, I like the idea of Oliver training the new people as an ongoing arc, and the characters seem to be back in a good groove.

Also all the hand-wringing about Laurel's last words being to bless Ollicity actually paid off well and made the true reveal of her last wish even more effective to me.

The thing I noticed with that though is it's clearly a last wish type of thing, while at that point she (and the audience) was supposed to think everything went fine and she was in the clear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Must have been based on the action figures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

They made an action figure of the Arrow version of Black Canary

Both, actually.

There's a ton of female action figures in the $20+ lines. Those aren't aimed at kids anymore though. The thing with Avengers was the lack of Black Widow stuff in the kid focused merchandise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And didn't do the usual "Show, show, tell" that TV shows love to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who else is going to say anything? The nuclear mass murderer?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the one hand, she should be basically a crying mess because of it instead of ignoring anything happened.

But on the other I don't want to see that crap, so I can live with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually the Felicity scenes were fine too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I missed when Oliver would have seemingly clever plans then a flashback would pop in and show he stole the idea.

Chokes McGee posted:

If this happens I'll come back to the show, and not a moment before. :colbert:

He's not joking. Though it's Flashpoint bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Prometheus is Laurel, she took that bus Patty was on after faking her death and went to learn to be a badass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to lead to him asking Ollie for help, which presumably brings him back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint done gone undid.

No it didn't.

He left the Flashpoint universe. But he explicitly failed to return things to how they were. It's all a setup for more changes revealed down the line.

It is supposed to be Laurel and not just Black Siren though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Be real with me -- does LoT s1 get better? I think I've seen up to episode 7/8 but kind of fell off. Is it worth watching so I at least know what's going on in s2/why cold is back on Flash?

No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The fake Canary from last season is going to be Artemis, not Black Siren.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but he's talking about the current members.

Laurel probably isn't going to be full time when she comes back anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oil...icity...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ouhei posted:

Finally caught up last night and mostly agree with the general consensus that it's better than last season so far. One thing that is killing me is the whole "no secrets" bullshit. It totally makes sense that Oliver wouldn't want to reveal who he is to these people right away, they don't really know these people at all. It admittedly worked out ok in the end as it is a good way for them to trust him but the whole thing about Felicity and Curtis being so mad about it felt like an extreme overreaction. Speaking of Felicity, the queen of "no secrets, ever" is certainly doing a band up job of keeping her own. She has a boyfriend that either lives in Oliver's old loft or at least has a key, that from what I can gather from the episodes, no one knows about. Secret boyfriend doesn't know what she does with her spare time (is it even spare time at this point?). She's hiding some sort of illness/pregnancy/something from Oliver/everyone based on the weird stairs moment at the end of the episode.

Overall the comic book action side of things is pretty good but the relationship drama continues to drag the show down.

She went to visit him at work so it doesn't seem that secret.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds terrible.

Just stealing scripts from the Doctor Who dumpster I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh she definitely hasn't told Oliver, I just mean that there's a difference between a secret relationship and not telling Ollie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Felicity's boyfriend definitely made a point of not having met any of Felicity's friends, though it's hard to tell if she has any friends in town besides the team. Maybe Curtis knows?

As far as Laurel coming back, I don't know how Flashpoint would make that happen. If that were the case, she'd already be alive, since the timeline changes are already in effect. Moreover, her not being dead would completely undermine Oliver's primary motivation this year - her death has completely changed how he approaches the vigilante business. How do you bring her back without completely negating the emotional arc of the season?

That's assuming Barry isn't dumb enough to do it again, or there are no ripples.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I missed the first minute, did they include the Flash clip so people get the John Jr. thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

And why Deadshot is back.

Or not, I guess.

• Locked thread