Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
You have a good base for the hair there. It's more whispy than the solid chucks you've illustrated. While it does kinda clump up visually, the clumps break apart towards the end of the hair strands. I'd make your hair clumps a bit more ragged on the ends and add a few strands that stand alone to make it a bit more convincing. Especially coming off the profile areas where the individual hairs would be silhouetted.

I'm disappointed I haven't really drawn much this month, been working on writing instead of drawing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Bar sketch.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Dorygnathus

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Wanted to draw an orc with freckles

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

I worked on this (on and off) a lot longer than today but here it is. I don't actually know how to paint (obviously), just testing the waters.

Based on a sketch from a figure drawing session from a few months ago. In the painting version, I tried to correct the distortion in the upper body you see below, but looking at these side by side for the first time in the [timg] tags as I post this I think I went too far and lost some of the "drama" of the pose by flattening it out. Oh well.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Keret posted:

Some hand studies and buildings and stuff.

Those are really nice hands

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Apparently I am channeling 90s era X-men these days.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

ideas for next month?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Microbiology
Birds
Sex
Nostalgia

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Skeleton Ghost Month!

I am drawing some cards for an iOS card game, here's a design I did for the back of the deck.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Put a few of my drawings through Prisma with interesting results.

Putting a drawing through a drawing filter is very meta to me.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 28, 2016

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

sigma 6 posted:

Putting a drawing through a drawing filter is very meta to me.

Goddamnit I gotta try this, I'm gonna get instant new Mad Skillz just add machine. I love the colourslides that the pics get. Curious how little the last pic changed though, it just got smoothed.

I was on fire tonight tho boom yah

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Normally I am not a fan of filters but it is a lot of fun IMO.
Ostagram.ru is another way to do it without a phone.

and a Prisma version

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 29, 2016

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Oh man I though I'd put my pic through ostagram 'cause I haven't got any of my pics on the cellphone and couldn't be arsed with prisma .. and the current wait time on ostagram is 5038 minutes, or just over 83 hours. Welp.

Tonight: a shining beacon of hope!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Nice glowing butt. Haven't been "arsed" to scan my drawings tonight but I did a couple.

Oh wait...

#Inktober is coming up! Woot!!

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 30, 2016

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Humboldt Squid posted:

ideas for next month?

In celebration of the return and GBS and the work of H.P. Lovecraft, I propose the theme "things that should not be."

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

New thread will be up later tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

new thread up!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792900

• Locked thread