Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dixie's probably gone, the Hardys are still the best, Smashing Pumpkins is now in charge, they actually didn't lose a TV deal this summer for the first time since 2013, and nothing else matters

Except for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA Sucks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Let's Go TNA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
is Bram dead

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

He's busy carrying the TNA brand into the future.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Liquid Communism posted:

He's busy carrying the TNA brand into the future.

is it a multi-year future?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
you guys remember this? because it's been three months and I haven't been able to forget

https://twitter.com/PopTV/status/740260052871741440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Those of you who invested heavily in Laser Etched Guitar futures on my advice will be happy to know that the price has now doubled to $60.

http://shoptna.com/jeff-jarrett-autographed-laser-engraved-guitar.aspx

This has been the Laser Etched Guitar Financial Report.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Maria won the Knockouts title. Has she actually gotten better or is she still god awful in the ring?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what happened to that man in the comic who is on the floor? was he crushed to death?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Hardys all singing Brother Nero's theme, including Senor Benjamin in Spanish, pretty much made my night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWEMKMV1Ko

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 2, 2016

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Just when I didn't think pro wrestling couldn't get more bizarre, I find out that Billy Corgan is now running TNA (and is also apparently an Alex Jones/InfoWars fan)

Sisyphus and his drat rock have nothing on the absurd compared to pro wrestling

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

a.lo posted:

what happened to that man in the comic who is on the floor? was he crushed to death?

He was left broken

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Hardys all singing Brother Nero's theme, including Senor Benjamin in Spanish, pretty much made my night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWEMKMV1Ko

Thank you Foochs. God, I love the broken Hardy clan.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

why do most people that like tna also hate dave meltzer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

He said Spike was kicking TNA out, the fans laughed and said "as if", and then they kicked TNA out

Then he said DA was done with them too, the fans laughed and said "yeah right" and then they were done with TNA too

Instead of thinking there was a problem with TNA, the fans said the problem was clearly Dave Meltzer who has it in for them and keeps spreading lies like them being kicked off TV (true) and them being late on pay (true) and them being nearly bought by Nazis (true)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

When you obsessively like something, everyone who thinks there are any flaws is paid-off and/or lying because CORRUPT MEDIA.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Dave Meltzer posted:

TNA would be better if it was filmed in Japan.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

Beatdowns are often harder on the victim

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

a.lo posted:

Nobody survives being doubleteamed by Moose & the Miracle. By that I mean EC3 fainted from a raw butthole

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Beatdowns are often harder on the victim

ahahaha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least then samoa joe would have been kidnapped by real ninjas

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/772081936571502592

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/772099348641505280

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cody Rhodes has a deal in place with TNA

Cody and Brandi vs Bennett and Maria?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Cody Rhodes has a deal in place with TNA

Cody and Brandi vs Bennett and Maria?

Cody Was Never Good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's shadow reign!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i don't really like cody but please god don't kill him off the bat with a dumb worked shoot promo about wwe holding him down

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm trying to think of a single ex wwe talent in the last 5 years that hasn't debuted with the stupid worked shoot.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Maria?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i don't really like cody but please god don't kill him off the bat with a dumb worked shoot promo about wwe holding him down

He's done this everywhere else so why would he stop here

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oatgan posted:

He's done this everywhere else so why would he stop here

I think it makes him look less special to come in saying the same thing everyone else has said. I thought Sandow was going to be able to take a unique spin on his bitter WWE promo but it sounded pretty similar to the rest of them. I want Cody to look like a star coming in and I believe they can do it without making it about WWE

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I'm way more excited for Delete or Decay than any current storyline in WWE

For the first time maybe ever, TNA actually has a unique identity, even if that identity is wacky "the room" soap opera stuff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'm way more excited for Delete or Decay than any current storyline in WWE

For the first time maybe ever, TNA actually has a unique identity, even if that identity is wacky "the room" soap opera stuff.
tna had a unique identity whenever scott steiner is onscreen

wwe reigned his insanity in, but he was full steam ahead in tna

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Fish Of Doom posted:

An argument can be made that this is the way to go in Pro Wrestling, and for TNA.

WWE works hard to be shiny, and corporate, and we all know Vince's hard on for mainstream media attention/recognition. Why try to compete with that? They are bigger, richer, and far more entrenched than you are.

Pro Wrestling, in my opinion, is not shiny or corporate. Nor does it, in my experience, get any sort of respect from "the mainstream". So why not run with this?

The Brothers Hardy backyard insane soap opera is something different, and it is also something very identifiably Pro Wrestling, (cheesey, carny, insane and somethying you would be embarrassed to be caught watching if an elderly dowager walks in the room.) Whilst it will never make WWE money, it does differentiate itself from them, and carve itself a niche. And with a niche comes a following.

It'll be interesting to see if this insanity/cheese can sustain itself, or if it will get lame over time. But for now, it is what it is, andso long as that involves Matt Hardy saying things sillily and being whackily insane, I for one am entertained.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
TNA has long suffered from trying to be like WWE, but not. If they can forge any kind of identity outside of that it'll be for the better.

I mean there's still the whole "no apparent means of making money" problem but one bridge at a time, folks.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

tna: it is what it is

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okgfXmRbVMU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Hardys are my favorite wrestlers of the year. I'm actually shocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo