Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I know it's unfair since she was trained and experienced before TNA but it's funny coming from someone who was so, so bad in the ring.

Wasn't she really, really bad at bumping, which led to many injuries (or at least concussions), or were they unrelated/am I thinking of another member of the Beautiful People?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

Laurel Van Ness's botched Buff Blockbuster last week was one for the ages.

Save them/us, Buff Bagwell.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Great White Hope posted:

Wasn't she really, really bad at bumping, which led to many injuries (or at least concussions), or were they unrelated/am I thinking of another member of the Beautiful People?

That was her. I mean she wasn't great at a number of things but she absolutely could not take a bump at all.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I know it's unfair since she was trained and experienced before TNA but it's funny coming from someone who was so, so bad in the ring.

She's Shibata compared to some of these new girls they have though. After Gail and maybe Jade the quality just drops off a cliff from there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RZApublican posted:

Save them/us, Buff Bagwell.

Laurel Van Ness/Chelsea Green is really good for her level of experience. But like she's six inches taller than most wrestlers and as a consequence everything looks kinda off and klutzy even when she's been properly trained by Lance Storm.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hosed up that Cody R is going to take away Sandow's "I'm finally in a company that will treat me well" pop

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well on the one hand Cody has gone out and actively pursued whatever bookings he could get, adapting his style and trying to lean and evolve to prove to himself he can hang with the indie talent and has along the way reinvigorated his love for professional wrestling becoming seemingly happier now that he is control of his own fate than he was in the WWE.

On the other hand Sandow got really fat. And his fat isn't a talent hump like Chis Hero's.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dixie should let me book a ONO. Just once.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Is Sandow still on TNA? How's he doing? No one ever talks about TNA's actual television content in this thread (wisely).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Is Sandow still on TNA? How's he doing? No one ever talks about TNA's actual television content in this thread (wisely).

he's in tna's "mma" division now.

its as stupid as it sounds.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
sandow should be in a tag team with james storm named "beer gut" and they should have the longest tag team title reign until james storms falls off his boozer cruiser onto a set of train tracks.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

he's in tna's "mma" division now.

its as stupid as it sounds.

When you say TNA's MMA division the only thing I can think of is Bobby Lashley being pushed like the second coming of Goldberg and wrecking half the roster with not-that-good armbars.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Bobby Lashley is in fact not one of the guys in the MMA division.

In fact its expressly been stated that he won't be involved with it at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've been watching the last few impacts, and by that I mean skipping anything that wasn't Hardys vs Decay. Way too much Mike Bennett.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait...TNA has an MMA division?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

keevo posted:

MMA influenced at least. Three 3 minute rounds, wins by pinfall or submission. If there's no winner it goes to the judges.

Its loving awful.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

keevo posted:

Well, they're completely normal wrestling matches that have 3 minute rounds, breaks, and kayfabe judges, so you get everyone's favorite "face puts on a submission and then time runs out" spot multiple times per match and whoever does the most suicide dives gets 10 points.

It's the most obviously Corgan booking decision so far, and it's the absolute worst.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Its also the focus of the new midcard belt. The reamed Legends/Global/King Of The Mountain whatever belt.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

RZApublican posted:

When you say TNA's MMA division the only thing I can think of is Bobby Lashley being pushed like the second coming of Goldberg and wrecking half the roster with not-that-good armbars.

This is 100% the correct way to book Bobby Lashley though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RZApublican posted:

He already beat everyone else and killed all the belts

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
When Corgan and Lagana went to EVOLVE it was to scout Matt Riddle. But they exposed themselves as fake gamer girls as they didn't do their homework on Matt. He's a very different dude and not especially motived by money or TV exposure.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I haven't watched, read a thread or even thought about TNA in probably a couple years now. I just read six pages of this thread and I have questions.....so many questions. But would I understand the answers?

I feel like Johnny Depp in Fear & Loathing.....on the verge of total mental collapse.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The funniest thing to me was Drew insinuating his match would steal the show when the match can go a maximum of three (3) three minute rounds.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploding mummy posted:

He already beat everyone else and killed all the belts

It had by far my favorite non-Hardys TNA moment of the year: Lashley walking backstage, seeing the Knockouts champ and looking at her belt, and her basically saying "don't even think about it"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rovert posted:

fake gamer girls
Gross, dude.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That was a good joke

Corgan has been a mark for himself far longer than he's been a money mark for wrestling

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dated as a reference point but still:

https://twitter.com/alivslife/status/779078721135403013

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wanted to check the impact thread to see what happened and it only has the original post and nothing else lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/779123275108671488

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/779192884524359680

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I decided I would like TNA to live for at least long enough that the Wolves' heat is unrecoverable and Davey Richards is reduced to working in a mall store selling iPhone cases.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/mrstephencole/status/779200449547268096

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANip6Jr0k7E

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

He's a very different dude and not especially motived by money or TV exposure.

I would think that works in TNA's favor

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've never heard wrestling people shoot on catering services of all things but god that is hilarious.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Oh my god, it HAD to have been Dixie bringing casseroles and poo poo from home. Please let it be true.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

I've never heard wrestling people shoot on catering services of all things but god that is hilarious.

I've heard a lot of passing comments about how terrible all other companies are, catering-wise, until you get to WWE but for the supposed #2 company in North America that is hilarious.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ECW's catering was literally a bag of Twizzlers

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA tweeted this

and then realized they didn't have the trademark for 'Rhodes' so they deleted Deleted DELETED it

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/779125616356519936/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Being able to use his Twitter handle seems like it would bypass the inability to technically call him "Cody Rhodes"

• Locked thread