Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sheriff of Babylon is great. More people should definitely check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Sheriff of Babylon is great. More people should definitely check it out.

What kind of food do they serve?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The pain and misery of post 9/11 Baghdad.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I was really hoping to find a new Iraqi/Tex-mex fusion place.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

joehonkie posted:

I was really hoping to find a new Iraqi/Tex-mex fusion place.

This line makes me miss Prez

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

My favorite restaurant burned down and closed. :(

The last few times I went it was looking increasingly run down and the very last time me and my friends all got sick as hell afterwards and were scared to go again, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fire was some kind of insurance thing. Either way, it's a goddamn shame. When I was in college I ate there at least once a week, it was great. I have no idea what happened to it over time, but now it's just gone.

That's how I lost my first job.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Die Laughing posted:

That's how I lost my first job.

How much of the insurance payout did they cut you in for for starting the fire

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
FYI the depth issues in Dolphin are somewhat fixed now to the point where you can actually play Spider-Man 2...if anybody's interested in swinging around Manhattan again

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What kind of loser doesn't own a Gamecube and an original copy of the GOTY 2004-present.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It is me, the one who has sold old systems and now painfully regrets it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

site posted:

I sold my 3DS before it was even outdated. :smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can't remember who was asking about Luke Cage comics, but or what thread they were asking in, and but Marvel Unlimited just added a bunch of Iron Fist, Power Man, and Power Man and Iron Fist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

When we moved a few years ago I slipped and the box I was carrying took a plunge down the stairs. My game gamecube was in that box and it hopped out of the box and shattered on the concrete.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got rid of all my old games and consoles a few years ago since they were just taking up space. I don't regret it in the least.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, sometimes I wish I could live in the sixth generation of consoles forever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I got rid of all my old games and consoles a few years ago since they were just taking up space. I don't regret it in the least.

I currently own a 360, an Xbone, a Wii and an N64 that hasn't been powered on in 2 years.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I am the idiot video game machine collector.

Why do I even own a Jaguar? I've literally never played it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

Paperweight?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

There's always Alien vs Predator, Zool, and Tempest 2000.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I have three Amigas I could play Zool on.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Also can I say how weird it is that you mention Zool.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It looks fun. :shrug:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno, you might be the only person in history who's managed to break a Gamecube.

Incidentally, since you get early comics, have you read the new Doom Patrol? I'm finishing the Morrison omnibus right now, about to start that X-Force parody, move on to Flex Mentallo and make the Young Animal thread :cheers:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I had one of those Genesis and Sega CD consoles that was both of them combined into one that my parents sold for $5 at a garage sale.

I hope the fuckers that bought it are now enjoying the ~$500 they apparently go for on ebay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Rhyno, you might be the only person in history who's managed to break a Gamecube.

Incidentally, since you get early comics, have you read the new Doom Patrol? I'm finishing the Morrison omnibus right now, about to start that X-Force parody, move on to Flex Mentallo and make the Young Animal thread :cheers:

It fell REALLY FAR.

And we don't get super early copies of everything, had I gotten DP #1 I'd have posted about it by now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I broke two gamecubes actually, but I managed to get replacements for cheap because it was still the early 2000s.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
One of these days I'm going to plug my Saturn back in and marathon through all the Panzer Dragoon games. One of these days.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I have any consoles. My brother took them all with him when he and some of his friends were renting a place in university, and I haven't seen them since. Only games I play these days are on Steam, in any event.

I feel like a new console is something I'd invest in if and when I ever get my own place (probably a couple of years yet before I'm in a position where I can do that) but between the console and the games themselves, gaming seems like a really expensive hobby.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My sister ran away from home once as a teenager and to be really lovely she stole literally every single SNES game I had other than the one plugged into the system.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I currently own a 360, an Xbone, a Wii and an N64 that hasn't been powered on in 2 years.
I currently have a PS4 and Wii U and a box with a PS3 and 360 in them. Had an XBox One, but got rid of it since I pretty much never used it. I should have taken the PS3 and 360, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have everything but the Xbone sucks and is unplugged.

And my 360 recently died.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like my XBOne, and while I'm probably gonna get a PS4 at Xmas for Uncharted, I can't fathom how the PS4, even if it is the better console, ended up getting the bigger share based on how lovely the PS3 UI and how slow and crappy the online elements were. Like, who had a PS3 and a 360 and went "Yup, I want to trust the one where I have to wait a full 5 minutes before I can even browse the store"

(This salt may partly stem from me trying to actually use my PS3 to download something last night)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 6, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I dunno if you remember the E3 that consisted entirely of Sony making fun of Microsoft's terrible and anti-consumer business practices, concluding with the most fire-emoji level dunk E3 has ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

But that's how the PS4 got a bigger share of the market.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh. I don't buy many used games and am also all digital now. I've actually gotten games I own physical versions of AGAIN in digital because fishing the disc out even though the game is on my HDD is lame. So... um, yay Sony for pushing a feature I don't care about, and charging £15 a month for the other feature people actually wanted. (back-compat)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Microsoft made the same mistake coming off the 360 that Sony made coming off of the PS2. They got it in their heads that they had won the previous console generation because they were just that much better than their competitors, so all their dumb new ideas that were actively hostile towards their end users and hugely counterproductive were actually brilliant decisions that people would happily accept. The sheer number of things they've had to retract or abandon entirely makes the pre-launch Xbox One practically a different console altogether.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also I mean, their UI is horrendous too. It was built from the ground up to be utilized primarily via Kinect, and was forced to be changed to be Kinectless within literal months once Microsoft reversed on the "always plugged in Kinect" policy. So, even now, it's a confluence of tiles and bullshit that's slow as gently caress and impossible to navigate quickly or concisely.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

My sister ran away from home once as a teenager and to be really lovely she stole literally every single SNES game I had other than the one plugged into the system.

I didn't know you were the protagonist of Gone Home.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which ideas? I can count 1, the thing where the disc was basically a licence key and you could then just download the game whenever on your account. Which isn't anti-consumer so much as it's anti-Gamestop.

And I dunno. I like the Xbox UI a hell of a lot more than the stupid XMB.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Which ideas? I can count 1, the thing where the disc was basically a licence key and you could then just download the game whenever on your account. Which isn't anti-consumer so much as it's anti-Gamestop.

And I dunno. I like the Xbox UI a hell of a lot more than the stupid XMB.

Xbox 1 was originally meant to be always online and not let you play video games if you were offline. Everyone screamed at them for about 6 months and then they backed off of it hard. There was a pretty amazing situation where a Microsoft employee was making fun of people who had a problem with the 'feature' on his twitter, implying if you were too poor to have a 24/7 stable internet connection you shouldn't be playing video games at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It also led to the famous instance where the executive in charge of their entire games division responded to the reasonable question of what people who live in rural areas or people deployed in third world nations without stable internet should do and he said, quote, "We have a product for them, it's called the Xbox 360."

• Locked thread