Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Enfield posted:

i like to wear a sundress and feel the salty sea air on my bronzed face, strong and proud like a warrior jaguar

this is like that one episode of king of the hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Do they call spaghetti sauce salsa in Mexico or is salsa like salsa and then pasta salsa is something else?

they dont eat noodles because they remind them of the plumed serpent kukulkan, mayan diety of sacrifice

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

jackyl posted:

Panama City beach is better than anything in California and that's true

Grace bay is the best beach but if we're talking about American stuff, the emerald coast owns California easily
ive got an ocean to smack you upside hte head

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd like to go chill on an Alaskan beach in that 24 hour daylight poo poo. That would be nutty.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
how the gently caress do you live in utah and never go see the ocean

i live in missouri and ive seen both?? and the gulf of mexico. cmon

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enfield posted:

they dont eat noodles because they remind them of the plumed serpent kukulkan, mayan diety of sacrifice

drat no curly fries? I'm never going to Mexico dude.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i can't wait until mexico is turned into mexi co.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More like... Sexi Co :smug:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I live about 15 minutes from the Atlantic, its a good ocean maybe not the best but it's up there.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Al Cowens posted:

I grew up in California and the beach was nothing special really outside Venice Beach in the 70s and Huntington Beach if you're part of the surf/skate culture

When I was a kid I went surf fishing in Cambria with my dad and there were hundreds of elephant seals on the beach. I literally got to pet elephant seals in the wild. It's the best beach experience I've had in California. Forget muscle beach.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I like the beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-_Sn2cDwI

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
chaos reigns

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Of the oceans I do like the pacific as it is home to the african penguin

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

The beach is good. I usually go and boogie board/bodysurf for hours since I'm an idiot who never tried to surf. Spend some time laying out in the sand watching bikini chicks and once you're nice and sunburned you go and get some tacos & beers, and drive your old BMW back to the 100+ degree valley shithole you live in because lol at paying rent near a beach in california. Sitting in your car in traffic with a bad burn and sand in uncomfortable places is the epitome of california living. Bonus points if JackFM plays a RHCP song.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

The beach is good. I usually go and boogie board/bodysurf for hours since I'm an idiot who never tried to surf. Spend some time laying out in the sand watching bikini chicks and once you're nice and sunburned you go and get some tacos & beers, and drive your old BMW back to the 100+ degree valley shithole you live in because lol at paying rent near a beach in california. Sitting in your car in traffic with a bad burn and sand in uncomfortable places is the epitome of california living. Bonus points if JackFM plays a RHCP song.

This except fish and chips instead tacos.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

you're right, no other place on earth, let alone america, has the combination of sun, sand, and traffic

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I grew up in San Diego but vastly prefer to spend time in the mountains versus the beach. Still, it would feel weird and claustrophobic somehow to live in a non-coastal state.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I'm going to the jersey shore for the first time in my life a week from now and I'm going to observe the local fauna and go Guido-watching. Are those still a thing?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Al Cowens posted:

I'm going to the jersey shore for the first time in my life a week from now and I'm going to observe the local fauna and go Guido-watching. Are those still a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9YFvWiZyuY

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

when i was a kid we went to venice beach and i saw a skateboard coming at me but it turned out it was just a guy with no legs and only one arm and he was pulling himself along on a skateboard and my cousin told me he was my boyfriend and after that I didn't want to go to venice beach because my cousin would say "oh you gonna see your Beach Boyfriend?!"

so you see the ocean isn't all pretty sometimes there are Skatemonstermen who aren't your boyfriend no they aren't.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I live 25 mins from the ocean but I just stay inside instead.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sometimes I look at a picture of the ocean on my screen.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

one time I was in SF and a double-leg amputee in a wheelchair called me a fuckin two-legger for no reason (aside from my having two legs)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ruggan posted:

one time I was in SF and a double-leg amputee in a wheelchair called me a fuckin two-legger for no reason (aside from my having two legs)
You should have kicked him in the nuts, that's hurtful.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
I have never seen dry land (posting from the Utopian sea-stead I was born on)

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ruggan posted:

rude

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I remember liking to go to the ocean :unsmith:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

a hole-y ghost posted:

I remember liking to go to the ocean :unsmith:

Then you became obese.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

another time we went to Huntington Beach and I was having a lot of fun but then my dad grabbed me and said "we're leaving!" and he was all red and it turned out he fell asleep without putting any sun tan lotion on and got burned really bad and to this day I put lots of lotion on because I still remember his red face and skin and it peeling off his forehead days later

so you see the ocean isn't all fun sometimes your dad gets burned really bad and gets lost on the way home and calls the neighbor "chinaman"

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
loving lol at your dumb rear end continent that's habitable more than 50 clicks from the coastline I bet a bunch of you dumb babies drowned in the bathtub

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I touched the ocean for the first time in my life a little over one year ago.

Verdict: eh

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I live in Norway, i see plenty of the ocean.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I don't need the ocean because I have the Potomac River

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm going to start calling people loving two legger's and they're not going to have any idea what the gently caress

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I've stuck my dick in that ocean. Just remember that next time you step in.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

SweetKarma posted:

I live in California where the beach is basically mecca.

France is having the same problem

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm going to start calling people loving two legger's and they're not going to have any idea what the gently caress

Fuckers

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

when i was a kid we went to venice beach and i saw a skateboard coming at me but it turned out it was just a guy with no legs and only one arm and he was pulling himself along on a skateboard and my cousin told me he was my boyfriend and after that I didn't want to go to venice beach because my cousin would say "oh you gonna see your Beach Boyfriend?!"

so you see the ocean isn't all pretty sometimes there are Skatemonstermen who aren't your boyfriend no they aren't.

I'm like a amputee magnet, they sense I'm special like dolphins do autists and start making cooing noises when they get near me and I have to tell them I'm busy solving jigsaw puzzles in my mind that haven't even been invented yet. :smith:

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I'd honestly contemplate suicide if somehow I could never see it again and everyone here should too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I learned why it's called navy blue when I saw it off the edge of a god damned 56' boat crossing the gulf stream.

It's really loving dark blue.

• Locked thread