Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Not sure who to pick next week. I'd take the Vikings but I refuse to pick against the Texans

I'm thinking either the Eagles or go ahead and use the Patriots

Steelers or Broncos look really good to me. Jets are garbage and the Falcons are only NFC South good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Chichevache posted:

Steelers or Broncos look really good to me. Jets are garbage and the Falcons are only NFC South good.

Falcons beat the Raiders on the road. I think they are a good pick myself.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lorini posted:

Falcons beat the Raiders on the road. I think they are a good pick myself.

They're playing the Broncos in Denver. That defense has looked smothering in every game so far, and I don't see the Falcons being the one to trip them up. Plus, unless I'm totally mistaken, the Falcons defense is also bad enough that the Broncos offense might be able to score a point or two.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Siemian is hurt though (lol I can't believe I'm typing those words) and the Falcons have a good offense and also Fitzpatrick is good for a fluke game every now and then

The Patriots are probably the surest bet and I know saving teams in eliminator is a bad idea buuuut idk

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Siemian is hurt though (lol I can't believe I'm typing those words) and the Falcons have a good offense and also Fitzpatrick is good for a fluke game every now and then

The Patriots are probably the surest bet and I know saving teams in eliminator is a bad idea buuuut idk

I didn't know Siemian was hurt. Looks like it is his non-throwing shoulder at least. If he's back that will probably be my choice. I definitely agree with you on picking the Patriots, but....

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I think the Steelers are the best bet. The Jets did manage to go 4-4 on the road last year, but only against .500 or worse squads. Fitzmagic tends to happen at home or against bad teams.

Also, I think the Browns might not be as bad as people seem to think. They've played 3 road games so far, and played the Ravens close in Cleveland. Will probably lose to the Pats next week but I expect them to beat A Good Team sometime this year at home.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

OTOH the Patriots are getting Brady back and he would probably like to hatefuck the league

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Brockenstein posted:

OTOH the Patriots are getting Brady back and he would probably like to hatefuck the league
Looking at the rest of their schedule, this is one of the better weeks to use the Pats. Most of the remaining home games are against teams with winning records or playoff teams. So unless you want to wait until the week 16 home game against the Jets...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brockenstein posted:

Not sure who to pick next week. I'd take the Vikings but I refuse to pick against the Texans

I'm thinking either the Eagles or go ahead and use the Patriots

Pats have huge bloodbath potential this week.

I'm still betting on them, though.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 3, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Pats have huge bloodbath potential this week.

I'm still betting on them, though.

I could see a rusty Brady getting rocked by a competent gameplan from Hue Jackson. Plus the Browns run game could run out the clock pretty drat well if they get a lead.

Probably not gonna happen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There's just no way the Pats drop a game to the Browns. You could tell me ahead of time that the fix was in and I'd still bet on the Pats.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

There's just no way the Pats drop a game to the Browns. You could tell me ahead of time that the fix was in and I'd still bet on the Pats.

The 13-3 Saints were handily defeated by a 2-14 Rams team. Never say never in the NFL.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I think the Browns are a much better team than their scores reflect. They've got a decent run game and ok pass defense. I think that they're going to cover and the score is going to be the under.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Pats offense was humming along with Jimmy G before he went down. Even a vaguely rusty Brady should be able to put up points.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Right now my week 5 pick is the Cards. (Hey, some of these I set before the season started, I swear that made sense before week 1.) I'm thinking of switching over to the Vikes, depending on how they perform on MNF. If they suck it up, probably Pats because of the Browns factor.

If I don't use it, my Pats pick is currently week 13 against the Rams. (Again, I don't recommend doing them early, I did that before I knew you didn't have to.) I actually don't mind that one, but I don't want to be eliminated being cute.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magnetic North posted:

Right now my week 5 pick is the Cards. (Hey, some of these I set before the season started, I swear that made sense before week 1.) I'm thinking of switching over to the Vikes, depending on how they perform on MNF. If they suck it up, probably Pats because of the Browns factor.

If I don't use it, my Pats pick is currently week 13 against the Rams. (Again, I don't recommend doing them early, I did that before I knew you didn't have to.) I actually don't mind that one, but I don't want to be eliminated being cute.

You know, it would actually be kind of cool to have an option to set a pre-season eliminator up to compare against as well. Have everyone make their picks before week 1 and lock it in.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

You know, it would actually be kind of cool to have an option to set a pre-season eliminator up to compare against as well. Have everyone make their picks before week 1 and lock it in.

We don't need to make this poo poo harder to win.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Chilichimp posted:

Maybe YOU don't :smugbert: *stares at his 6-8 pickem week, furtively wipes away a single tear*

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I went one year with my eliminator and spread eliminator having the same record.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

Well it wouldn't really be eliminator, it'd be what I'm doing and seeing how much I can guess right after going out in week one. Except you'd be guessing all of it before the season started.

I like the idea quite a bit actually, it'd be fun to look back at the end of the season and wonder what the gently caress your reasoning was.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Well it wouldn't really be eliminator, it'd be what I'm doing and seeing how much I can guess right after going out in week one. Except you'd be guessing all of it before the season started.

I like the idea quite a bit actually, it'd be fun to look back at the end of the season and wonder what the gently caress your reasoning was.

Make a Sheep out of it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Lote posted:

I think the Browns are a much better team than their scores reflect. They've got a decent run game and ok pass defense. I think that they're going to cover and the score is going to be the under.
This is a big reason why I'm going with the Steelers. I think there will be an eliminator bloodbath in Cleveland before much longer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm taking the Colts in eliminator. Huh this gun barrel tastes weird.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kalli posted:

I'm taking the Colts in eliminator. Huh this gun barrel tastes weird.
I'm thinking of doing the same, so I'll shoot you if you shoot me first

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
This is what first place feels like:

:smuggo:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think two of these three things are gonna happen: Cards gonna beat rams. Niners gonna beat cowboys. Giants gonna beat vikes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

I think two of these three things are gonna happen: Cards gonna beat rams. Niners gonna beat cowboys. Giants gonna beat vikes.

:raise:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean, I am going back into the past and predicting that, and being wrong about it? LOL this is why I suck at eliminator

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Man gently caress the eagles. Who loses by 1 point to the Lions

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I have no idea who to take next week

I refuse to pick the Titans because I think they could easily lose to the Browns

Cardinals at home vs the Jets maybe? Bills at home vs the 49ers?

I guess Steelers at Miami is the best bet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking the Bills next week.

At home against that rear end of a 49ers team... well, they're the Bills, but you have to presume they win that game most of the time.

Beyond that... yeah, probably the Steelers on the road.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Hmmm. Wonder if the Raiders will be favored against KC at home?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lorini posted:

Hmmm. Wonder if the Raiders will be favored against KC at home?

At this point coming off the last KC game I can't imagine why they wouldn't be. Probably won't be a huge number but being at home on top of everything else I'd expect the Raiders maybe -4 or so?

Vegas knows a lot more than I do though. There's probably some respect for Andy Reid coming off a bye that will go into things.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I would avoid OAK/KC like the plague next week.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well poo poo if I would have gotten 7.5 on the Giants I would be funbux richer. I won the spread pickem at least. Tampa Bay or Carolina? I need to make $2,000 to meet my winning goal. I have $3,000 to bet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How the hell am I tied for tenth in reverse pickem? I'm at 41-34 which I would have thought was loving terrible. Same for 9th place in Reverse Spread Pickem, except I'm 34-39-1. In fact only four goons are better than 50% at Reverse Spread Pickem, meaning the entire rest of the field is worse than monkeys throwing darts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

How the hell am I tied for tenth in reverse pickem? I'm at 41-34 which I would have thought was loving terrible. Same for 9th place in Reverse Spread Pickem, except I'm 34-39-1. In fact only four goons are better than 50% at Reverse Spread Pickem, meaning the entire rest of the field is worse than monkeys throwing darts.

I'm #2 in the goon college pickem (about 32 of us) against the spread :smug: Er, at 33-27.

I'm barely .500 straight up in the NFL this year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm #2 in the goon college pickem (about 32 of us) against the spread :smug: Er, at 33-27.

I'm barely .500 straight up in the NFL this year.

#1 at 36-24 :smug: I have no idea how

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Bills and Titans are comparably good picks this week. I feel like the Titans are slightly better because the Browns are a five-alarm dumpster fire right now with their QB situation, and the Bills have three easy home games later (vs Jac, Mia and Cle) where there's no other game I would really trust the Titans to win.

Bengals in reverse (unless you've given up on it like me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

I would avoid OAK/KC like the plague next week.

:agreed:

Steelers over Miami all the way for this guy

• Locked thread