Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm hoping a local carrier store has some/any. I really don't want to wait until October because I'm impatient and the deadly sin that affects me the most is greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

My issue did turn out to be just a missed scan, and my phone left Louisville last night.

However it only got out of customs at 8:30, which is a little tight for delivery today since it still has another stop before it goes on a truck.

This is true. Trucks go out hella early.

Anyone with an October ship date get any good news?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Preparing essentially means it's shipped already but it's in China.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I really don't want to wait for someone to say their Jet Black phone will look gorgeous with scratches later in its life because their leather case aged so well.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Congrats, man! I'm about to take a nap and hope that my order finally moves from Processing to Preparing for Shipment just so I can finally put an end to this horrible saga of my life.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I don't think you can choose. It's the address on the carrier account.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Apparently some people with October ship dates are getting Preparing for Shipment notices. However, I am not one of those people.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yeah, Processing, Preparing for Shipment, Shipped, Delivered.

Preparing for Shipment essentially means it has already shipped though and that it's simply making its way through and out of China. Shipped means it's probably in either Kentucky or Texas.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I ordered at 3:23EST (23 minutes after preorders went live) and I'm still processing. Maybe I'll get something later this evening.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Honestly, gently caress all of you.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I just want my phone, I'm angry and privileged. :(

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm not sure if you guys are even loving with me or not, but this is making me so sad. I have a shitburger 5C to lug around and I have to make sure these women don't think I'm a poor almost Android phone haver. I just want my big phone and I want women to know my stature without having to say anything. Seeing "Processing" is pissing my grapes.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Upgrade for the resale value, not the phone.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How the hell am I still at processing.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

10/4-10/10 still processing. Meh.

Finally someone who can relate to my pain.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I probably won't be getting mine until next year based off how this poo poo is going.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Well duck you too then. :mad:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Those people would look more privileged than I would if I have to show my face in public with a 5C.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Tim has seen your posts and wants you to suffer for your whining.

Steve Jobs wouldn't have let this happen.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Did you guys get emails that said it was preparing for shipment or did you just check one day?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Tim calls me to remind me to stay hydrated.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Was it a Plus?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm not a giant so no

Well that's why. There is no shortage at all on normal 7s.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yes to both. The Plus is usually less popular, but this year it's exceedingly more popular. That's why you'll have no problem buying a normal 7, but you'll have to have some luck finding a Plus.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm hoping mine goes to PFS soon. People with my arrival window (Oct 4 - 10) had theirs moved up, so I must be in either the second half of that or whatever tail end comes after it.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Wish me luck because I'll kill someone if my phone doesn't do something tomorrow morning.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Uh, "Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

That's tomorrow? It'll be delivered tomorrow?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Still sitting on processing for a 7 Plus with Oct 4 - 10. Not upset at all. :) :) :) :)

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hey guys, daily update letting you know my phone is still Processing.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I think I'm going to cancel and try to reserve it in-store.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I am definitely not doing this next year.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Haha, of course trying to reserve a phone gives me "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable."

Haha, of course.

HAHA, OF loving COURSE.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Honestly, the thing that irks me is that I preordered the phone. Like, I preordered the phone a week ahead of time and there are daily shipments going in and out of Apple stores of the same configuration I preordered. It's about a week since release, two weeks since I preordered, and I'm still on "processing". There are phones that are the same as the one I'm getting on their way to local Apple stores nationwide and mine has yet to be put in a box somewhere in loving China.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I kinda got my poo poo figured out. I managed to reserve the phone, but FAQ is very unclear on whether or not I can pick it up and use AT&T Next to buy it. It says what the price would be under the iPhone Upgrade Program, but I very much just want to upgrade a line on my plan and not go through Apple for an assortment of personal reasons.

Can I just go get my reservation and say "I want to pay for this using AT&T Next and not the iPhone Upgrade Program"?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

No I went online and used the link. Didn't see any options at all.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Reserved an iPhone. Apple Store Columbia let me use Next instead of the iUP. Good day.

See ya guys.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

At this point, I don't know why people aren't canceling and just reserving at their local Apple Store.

e: Actually, if they're not cool and won't let you use your carrier financing or far away, I get it

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

or far away, I get it

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Join the masses and cancel that poo poo and go pick it up in store it's what I did and I couldn't be happier!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

skooma512 posted:

lol what carrier financing? They don't do that poo poo anymore. I don't even know why Apple needed all my Verizon info to even try to take my order or what upgrade eligibility has to do with anything in a world of full price phones.

Should go: I want a CDMA phone. Don't have it now? Ok give me a date when I can pick it up.

AT&T Next, Verizon Edge, and T-Mobile JUMP. they don't do JUMP in store but they definitely still do the other two.

• Locked thread