Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
As much as I am loathe to link to reddit, CHECK OUT THE DEETS ON THE HALLOWEEN ISH.

https://m.reddit.com/r/AtlasReactor/comments/57j49q/official_trion_livestream_recap_1014_the_holo/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Also, they make you do the tutorial on the PTS?

Also also, looking forward to next goon group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Not sure about the tutorial, but you need to play a game with bots before people.

The halloween stuff looks great, I love how Juno's ghostbuster outfit has a quark-as-a-ghost logo on it. They also said the next freelancer is firepower, but after that it will be 2 frontline in a row, hinting that one of them would be a woman to be smash sisters with Su-ren (Garrison and Titus are considered Smash Bros by the community).

Also today they gave out freelancer pack codes to anyone who owned a trust pack, so those will be floating out there.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Those halloween skins look nice.

Are they only gonna be available for the limited time or just in crates or what?

Orv
May 4, 2011
According to that it's a limited table, no dupes crate that you get from a repeatable mission that gets harder each time you complete it. So ostensibly if you play enough you could get everything, but depending on how hard it gets that might be a chore. But also the last week of the event you can just buy them all with ISO if you want.

Orv
May 4, 2011
PuP ended up being one of the last Firepower people I tried and has ended up as my favorite out all of them, go figure.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Orv posted:

PuP ended up being one of the last Firepower people I tried and has ended up as my favorite out all of them, go figure.

What mods do you use with them?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

What mods do you use with them?

Bite and Run, Play Time, Wear Out, Hunting Dog and Supersonic.

I find the best way to do things depends on the enemy team. If they're a bunch of super mobile people I focus on being invisible as much as possible, and just going where I'm needed to apply that sweet 36 damage when people don't expect it. If they're a double support or double tank setup I just stick to one of the supports and try to make them burn their movement CDs as quick as possible. I also try and do my best to predict where low health people are going to run to, and wait for them if I've popped stealth and can burn a turn or two. It's interesting because he can easily apply an absolute ton of damage and stick to people like nobody else, but he's also completely capable of utterly ruining the enemies plans while applying almost no damage.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PuP is also good in the most important sense: having some cool rear end skins.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Orv posted:

Bite and Run, Play Time, Wear Out, Hunting Dog and Supersonic.

I find the best way to do things depends on the enemy team. If they're a bunch of super mobile people I focus on being invisible as much as possible, and just going where I'm needed to apply that sweet 36 damage when people don't expect it. If they're a double support or double tank setup I just stick to one of the supports and try to make them burn their movement CDs as quick as possible. I also try and do my best to predict where low health people are going to run to, and wait for them if I've popped stealth and can burn a turn or two. It's interesting because he can easily apply an absolute ton of damage and stick to people like nobody else, but he's also completely capable of utterly ruining the enemies plans while applying almost no damage.

Nice mods, I use the same as invisibility is really helpful.

Eltoasto posted:

PuP is also good in the most important sense: having some cool rear end skins.

Speaking of skins, register with razer insider on a throwaway email to get a colour cycling skin for asana

https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?pages/giveaway/&id=atlas-reactor

and with mmo w/e for 6 boxes and a slightly different pup skin

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways/atlas-reactor-adoptapup-style-and-loot-matrix-giveaway-1000000772

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 16, 2016

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Geokinesis posted:

Speaking of skins, register with razer insider on a throwaway email to get a colour cycling skin for asana

https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?pages/giveaway/&id=atlas-reactor

and with mmo w/e for 6 boxes and a slightly different pup skin

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways/atlas-reactor-adoptapup-style-and-loot-matrix-giveaway-1000000772

So that's where those ugly as gently caress cylcing skins are from.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ugh. The starting mission for the Halloween boxes is 100 takedowns while wearing a non-default skin. There are six variations for each skin and four skins, and if it starts at 100 it'll probably get unpleasant.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

Orv posted:

Ugh. The starting mission for the Halloween boxes is 100 takedowns while wearing a non-default skin. There are six variations for each skin and four skins, and if it starts at 100 it'll probably get unpleasant.

100 takedowns is typically between 20 and 30 matches of play. Also you can get skins from me when I stream, I'm always giving skins away when I lose so it's a decent deal. only downside is that you'd have to watch my stream

edit: I'm just trying to say it's not that challenging

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's not challenging, it's just a fairly high starting point if it's going to "get harder each time".

E: For clarity, I'm not asking to just get handed free poo poo, given how much I've been playing this game lately it's not exactly a huge ask upon my time, but it just seems a little on the high side.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 17, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Are we sure that's the starting quest? When I went through that intro thing I thought it was just giving an example of one.

Anyways, is anyone playing this game and enjoying it, but stuck on the free version?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Good point actually, might not be the first break point.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I hope not, they should set it up that the first 2-3 are relatively easy and then it gets hard.

Su-Ren got put on the live server today but I don't like the heal cd nerf they gave her on PTS, she's not really tanky enough to be a melee healer, not with 140hp and a 20 heal on a now 3 turn cd. People overreact to new characters thinking they are the most OP thing ever, but Juno didn't turn out that way and Su-Ren didn't get a chance before nerfed, hopefully she gets buffed up soon because the playstyle is interesting.

According to the livestream, the next freelancer is firepower and then there will be 2 frontlines in a row after that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
They removed the requirement to register a stupid rear end off-site account to play this game and just let you link your Steam with a button click so I'm playing now.

Pretty good game. Absolutely clowning people with my buddies.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

I hope not, they should set it up that the first 2-3 are relatively easy and then it gets hard.

Su-Ren got put on the live server today but I don't like the heal cd nerf they gave her on PTS, she's not really tanky enough to be a melee healer, not with 140hp and a 20 heal on a now 3 turn cd. People overreact to new characters thinking they are the most OP thing ever, but Juno didn't turn out that way and Su-Ren didn't get a chance before nerfed, hopefully she gets buffed up soon because the playstyle is interesting.

According to the livestream, the next freelancer is firepower and then there will be 2 frontlines in a row after that.

Of the four games I've played so far on the new patch, Su-Ren seems cool from the outside, but she also seems sort of impotent from every angle. Doesn't do a ton of damage, doesn't do much healing, doesn't have any real tank.

Semi-related, the more I play I'm becoming a little frustrated with how much throughput some of the healers have. Obviously in a game where being out of position can net 120+ damage to one character in a turn, the healers need to be able to mitigate a fair chunk of that. But seeing a guaranteed kill slip through because they went from 20 health to over 90 and I decided to deal damage to other targets because my three teammates should have it covered is, frustrating. Honestly I should be more cogent of exactly how much healing characters can put out, and learn and play around those numbers, so I guess the answer is take this poo poo too seriously time.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Orv posted:

Of the four games I've played so far on the new patch, Su-Ren seems cool from the outside, but she also seems sort of impotent from every angle. Doesn't do a ton of damage, doesn't do much healing, doesn't have any real tank.

Semi-related, the more I play I'm becoming a little frustrated with how much throughput some of the healers have. Obviously in a game where being out of position can net 120+ damage to one character in a turn, the healers need to be able to mitigate a fair chunk of that. But seeing a guaranteed kill slip through because they went from 20 health to over 90 and I decided to deal damage to other targets because my three teammates should have it covered is, frustrating. Honestly I should be more cogent of exactly how much healing characters can put out, and learn and play around those numbers, so I guess the answer is take this poo poo too seriously time.

With support you can discount Helio as shield isn't really healing so give it a turn or 2 for the ult, (Although with his ult and free action he can do like a good 90 shields in 1 turn.) Quark does usually 12-22 (depending on boost move) with a further 30~ if ulting for 40~ total (although he of course multi target heals. ) Dr Finn doesn't heal that well tbh he either shields for 40 or heals multiples for 24 (or 32 for 1 if using a mod). Orion mainly just mitigates the damage and heals 25~. Aurora does 35~ at max a turn (42~ if with the ion cloud healing mod and they stand in it.)

Main thing is this will stack with catalysts and health pickups (or rasks ability) so you can get mega jumps. Usually though 1 attack from a front line almost negates a whole heal.

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 17, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah missing the kill on a team with quark can be super frustrating, a lot of PUGS will just let them escape without following and move on to a different target. That's part of the reason I like playing Asana or Titus, to really stick on the rear end of a damaged firepower.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah missing the kill on a team with quark can be super frustrating, a lot of PUGS will just let them escape without following and move on to a different target. That's part of the reason I like playing Asana or Titus, to really stick on the rear end of a damaged firepower.

Yeah, I'm not as good at playing frontliners but there are few things as satisfying as playing Titus and just sticking like glue to whatever healy support is trying to get away from you.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
The shield catalyst is the main offender in terms of super-healing because you can't tell someone has it until they use it (unless I missed something?).

I'm not a fan of broad pre-game customisation as it is but having no easy way to tell what mods and catalysts your opponent is running is really bad.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well when you hold down alt, the green-yellow-red bars indicate if that catalyst has been used yet. It doesn't tell you which one, but turtle tech is very popular so you can pretty much assume TT-Fade-Second Wind.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mousing over their cooldowns also tells you their mods, unless it only does that for teammates and I've somehow never once tried it on an enemy.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Well when you hold down alt, the green-yellow-red bars indicate if that catalyst has been used yet. It doesn't tell you which one, but turtle tech is very popular so you can pretty much assume TT-Fade-Second Wind.

Often the more fighty the character the less chance they have TT.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well the first mission is 50 takedowns. I'd like it to be a bit easier, but hopefully it won't scale up and i can get 2-3 done during the timeframe. At least the skins will be on sale for iso the last week, and they said the price would be standard for skins.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

I see a lot of Might still. Anyway it just bugs me that you have to guess, there's enough guessing games going on with when/how people will use them.

Orv posted:

Mousing over their cooldowns also tells you their mods, unless it only does that for teammates and I've somehow never once tried it on an enemy.

I'm not sure, I find mousing over abilities to be a bit finnicky - looks like they just patched a solution in though which is great:

quote:

On the in-game scoreboard, there is now an Ability Mods tab. This allows players to see abilities, cooldowns, mods, and catalysts for everyone in the match. Our general approach is to not have the player forced to “remember” information, so this UI element aligns with our gameplay goals

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol I tried out Zuki, played an 810 damage match on my second or third match with her. Think I'm gonna keep her!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Notes from livestream:

- to help with the halloween quest, Tuesday update will give you a bonus on takedowns per match, depending on type. Also extending the event a day.

- Ranked play will earn prestige points. At the end of the season you can use those points to buy special effects for the freelancers you like to play.

- Ranked will have a queue dodging mechanic. If you d/c during games the penalty starts at 5 minutes and gets longer if it keeps happened.

- They are working on tech that will allow you to draw over a replay, won't affect most of us but a good tool for youtubers and such.

- The Asha Catari Asana skin they teased on twitter is actually a real thing, and will be cool for Rift vets when we get it.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Notes from livestream:
- Ranked play will earn prestige points. At the end of the season you can use those points to buy special effects for the freelancers you like to play.

Any word on what effects?

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I'm assuming it means those Visual Effects that are referenced in the bottom left of the mod screen, but we only have 1 option for.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

slut chan posted:

I'm assuming it means those Visual Effects that are referenced in the bottom left of the mod screen, but we only have 1 option for.

Wonder how they'll look, as some aren't really worth the 1.2k iso unlock so far.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stuff like your attacks and the visuals. They didn't have any to show off, they probably won't be ready until near the end of the season.

E:

https://twitter.com/petermwju/status/789638956677607424

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 22, 2016

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Rubberbands/Kross, tell Toast how good of a run we just had so that he doesn't think I'm a total scrub.

Also, should we work on an all/mostly goon ranked/competitive team?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm definitely down for a team, since they do everything on the weekend. Plus there are 6 spots for 4 players so it's not like there isn't an alternate if something comes up.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

I'm definitely down for a team, since they do everything on the weekend. Plus there are 6 spots for 4 players so it's not like there isn't an alternate if something comes up.

I'm creating one for The Imperium, that gaming community with its roots in that Eve online goon group, etc. etc. if you'd like to join that one, let me know. Otherwise, creating teams isn't hard, and Trion has been throwing money for the prizes during the first two seasons of the prep phase league. First season they got $1000 in prizes, the second season they got $2500 in prizes, not sure about the new season coming up in November though

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Patch notes: I expected a Su-Ren nerf and it seems pretty tame:

quote:

Patch Notes: 10/25
Ranked Mode is Live!
Show your skills by competing against the best of the best!
Unlock Ranked Mode by playing 50 PvP matches and by owning the full game
Choose which Freelancer you play each game in the new Ranked Draft! Teams each ban one Freelancer, then take turns picking until all players have chosen their character. Note that only one player per game can play any given Freelancer in Ranked Mode!
Earn 10 Prestige Points for a win and 2 for a loss. Additional Prestige Points will be granted at the end of the season based on your rank. Prestige Points will be used to unlock cosmetic items after the season has ended.
Leaderboard will track your progression up the ladder – can you hit Contender status?

Balance
Su-Ren:
Self healing on Serenity lowered from 24 to 18
Energy generation on Serenity lowered from 5 to 4
GAIA's Blessing Mod reduced from 8 healing to 6 healing
Close to Greatness Mod lowered from 4 to 3 healing for adjacent targets
Spirit Bend energy generation lowered from 12 to 10.

Holo Haunt
The Holo Haunt Challenge Mission now gives 2 extra points for completing a PvP game. VS Bots games now give 1 point for completion, but still do now award points for takedowns.
The Holo Haunt has been extended for one extra day! Its new end time is November 2nd at 8 AM.

General
Fixed an issue where dying with Second Wind or other HoTs could show incorrect HoT after a respawn
Fixed some issues that could lead toa player disconnect in rare cases
Fixed some issues with game reconnection
Fixed a bug with 1 star bots that could occasionally cause them to visually attack an adjacent enemy but not deal any damage.
Non-frontline ai bots are now more likely to save their dash for later when their health is high.
Fixed an issue in the Prologue where some players were able to not chase the bot during the chase section

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I like the Su-Ren nerfs, her energy generation definitely needed to be taken down a notch.

Pretty excited for ranked mode too.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

slut chan posted:

Rubberbands/Kross, tell Toast how good of a run we just had so that he doesn't think I'm a total scrub.

Also, should we work on an all/mostly goon ranked/competitive team?

Ya, I'm looking forward to being good at a game that doesn't need me to have quite as much of an APM.

I was planning on trying ranked after getting most of the characters to 4 or 5 (about 30% there), but am up for whatever when I'm online.

Was just in solo quick play against an all dev team this morning, and got wrecked from trying to second guess their dashes. (And from not being in a group)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Was just in solo quick play against an all dev team this morning, and got wrecked from trying to second guess their dashes. (And from not being in a group)

did you get a title?

• Locked thread