Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
brad neely is a guy who makes lil comics and doodles and songs and he posts them on the internet and airs them on televisions

i think his first big thing was the short toonflick washington about the founding father of god's actual favorite place ever. then he did wizard ppl dear reader where he narrates a story barely resembling 'harry potter and the philosophy stone' over the actual movie which sounds fuckin dumb now that I read it but execution is def better than concept here.

he made a bunch of cartooners on super deluxe.com about a tremendous 30 year old autistic man (he doxxed me :smith:) and two professor brothers at a community college in china, ill. and adult swim befriended him, so he made these really great election shorts for 2008 when b-rock hijacked the country. he had a neat sort of style where they weren't really animated in the usual sense, just frames that managed to convey movement and usually packed with weird lil visual jokes like the margins of old funny mad magazines (they were funny a long time ago I think) and he is pretty good at making music, a lot of his shorts have lil songs in em and they're pretty good

eventually adult swim gave him a real show, fully animated which was a bummer, where the fat autist and his profs got up to all sorts of mayhem with hulk Hogan and it ran for a few seasons. It was good I think. He ended it with what is the only good musical episodes of anything ever because of magickal pets and talking gorillas and bigfoot origin stories and jeffrey tambor and a cyclops.

Now he has a fuckin bizarre show called brad neely's harg nallin' sclopio peepio that's like I guess sketch comedy? it's like a robot chicken sort of format where it's lil unrelated segments where some are five second gags and some are longer skits and sometimes there's music and that enormous girl from precious (based on the novel push by sapphire) is one of the va's and it turns out she's really funny

I don't understand what's happening when I watch that show, sometimes I feel like that time I ate an ounce of mushrooms and had a really scary trip where everything was my mom and I was GROUNDED, MISTER but other times I laugh my lovely lil rear end off. I dont even know if I like it or not but I can't stop watching it

wow I didn't mean to make an effort post but anyway yeah, i've been a big fan of this weird funny fucker for a long time but i don't know anyone else whos even heard of him save like two other of my peers who are emotionally stunted immature sad failures who haven't moved on since their lifes peaked at 16. I figure that describes a bunch of you so let's talk about our favorite neely sketches and cartoons and quote our fav lines and jokes for a couple of pages until we stop and this thread disappears into purgatory until I bump it in a year because I want to talk about how funny this guy is again

edit: lol wtf happened with the thread title? it was supposed to say "the brad neely thread" :( now everyone's gonna think this thread is about the booty and they'll be sad and vote 1 out of disappointment :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

brad neely is a guy who makes lil comics and doodles and songs and he posts them on the internet and airs them on televisions

i think his first big thing was the short toonflick washington about the founding father of god's actual favorite place ever. then he did wizard ppl dear reader where he narrates a story barely resembling 'harry potter and the philosophy stone' over the actual movie which sounds fuckin dumb now that I read it but execution is def better than concept here.

he made a bunch of cartooners on super deluxe.com about a tremendous 30 year old autistic man (he doxxed me :smith:) and two professor brothers at a community college in china, ill. and adult swim befriended him, so he made these really great election shorts for 2008 when b-rock hijacked the country. he had a neat sort of style where they weren't really animated in the usual sense, just frames that managed to convey movement and usually packed with weird lil visual jokes like the margins of old funny mad magazines (they were funny a long time ago I think) and he is pretty good at making music, a lot of his shorts have lil songs in em and they're pretty good

eventually adult swim gave him a real show, fully animated which was a bummer, where the fat autist and his profs got up to all sorts of mayhem with hulk Hogan and it ran for a few seasons. It was good I think. He ended it with what is the only good musical episodes of anything ever because of magickal pets and talking gorillas and bigfoot origin stories and jeffrey tambor and a cyclops.

Now he has a fuckin bizarre show called brad neely's harg nallin' sclopio peepio that's like I guess sketch comedy? it's like a robot chicken sort of format where it's lil unrelated segments where some are five second gags and some are longer skits and sometimes there's music and that enormous girl from precious (based on the novel push by sapphire) is one of the va's and it turns out she's really funny

I don't understand what's happening when I watch that show, sometimes I feel like that time I ate an ounce of mushrooms and had a really scary trip where everything was my mom and I was GROUNDED, MISTER but other times I laugh my lovely lil rear end off. I dont even know if I like it or not but I can't stop watching it

wow I didn't mean to make an effort post but anyway yeah, i've been a big fan of this weird funny fucker for a long time but i don't know anyone else whos even heard of him save like two other of my peers who are emotionally stunted immature sad failures who haven't moved on since their lifes peaked at 16. I figure that describes a bunch of you so let's talk about our favorite neely sketches and cartoons and quote our fav lines and jokes for a couple of pages until we stop and this thread disappears into purgatory until I bump it in a year because I want to talk about how funny this guy is again

its fryday night. I don't want to read that

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its fryday night. I don't want to read that

nice meltdown

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gatekeeper posted:

edit: lol wtf happened with the thread title? it was supposed to say "the brad neely thread" :( now everyone's gonna think this thread is about the booty and they'll be sad and vote 1 out of disappointment :( :(

Nice meltdown.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

nice meltdown

just make your point. I don't need to read your life story

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
some pretty racist stuff in that OP but I must say I agree 101%

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

just make your point. I don't need to read your life story

my point is you suck turds :twisted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

my point is you suck turds :twisted:

what are you mad about dude?
In just two paragraphs

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

:rolleyes:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

it's a description of a dudes career with links to his work which is pretty clear after like a couple sentences

I feel ya tho bud, things are hard to know and feel

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

lol literally the first sentence is the tl;dr

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol i like you gk but im way to drunk to read that i will try tomorrow

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
his adult swim show is possibly even less funny than the million dollar extreme show

that brad neely hurg burglin or whatever

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like the b too

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
didn't read it all but it said the word comics in the first line so i'm assuming op is a manchild or a paedo, possibly both :shrug:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Horniest Manticore posted:

his adult swim show is possibly even less funny than the million dollar extreme show

that brad neely hurg burglin or whatever

It's really weird because I'll feel that way for half an episode then I'll piss everywhere with laughter at a sketch then go back to thinking it's retarded.

It's like they used every single idea they had, like no matter how bad a suggestion in the writers room was they're like "yes were going with this"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

dad gay. so what posted:

lol i like you gk but im way to drunk to read that i will try tomorrow

lol just click the blue underlined things and let the screen read to you in picture form

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bepis?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

lol just click the blue underlined things and let the screen read to you in picture form

ok

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

sorry buds I had ECT today and the propofol and thiopental still got me loopy af lol

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015
I watched this premiere last night at the Adult Swim Drive-In takeover.

I thought the first sketch was funny. Then I realized I'm out of touch. Lots of people were laughing. I just stumbled around looking confused.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

sorry buds I had ECT today and the propofol and thiopental still got me loopy af lol

sorry your boss didn't let you have an lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

thats ok, we all make mistakes. take care ok

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

calm down

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Hmm. Came for the butt-talk. Left disappointed.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Lincoln posted:

Hmm. Came for the butt-talk. Left disappointed.

I knew this would happen :(

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i fixed ur thread title and icon

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i liked china, il

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Smythe posted:

if only you could fix my sadbrain :unsmith:

thx friendo

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Brad Neely is the funniest person so good job making the worst possible OP about him, OP.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

satanic splash-back posted:

i liked china, il

it was good

the old shorts were I think better tho, stranger and funnier

Its like he toned down the weirdness for the show

And now he's making up for it by making sclopio peepio so weird that it's almost not funny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

can you help me on that front?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Alvie posted:

Brad Neely is the funniest person

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

That new show has a dumb name

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Gatekeeper posted:

it was good

the old shorts were I think better tho, stranger and funnier

Its like he toned down the weirdness for the show

And now he's making up for it by making sclopio peepio so weird that it's almost not funny

I think China IL was at its best towards the end when the episodes got longer and it got a bit formulaic so that plotlines could develop. Sclopio Peepio idk how to feel about but I know I like the Fruit Blood songs.

Edit: This Totino's commercial he made is better than anything on Sclopio Peepio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWxg9AI23YU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
his new show is v bad

his old show is good

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alvie posted:

I think China IL was at its best towards the end when the episodes got longer and it got a bit formulaic so that plotlines could develop. Sclopio Peepio idk how to feel about but I know I like the Fruit Blood songs.

Edit: This Totino's commercial he made is better than anything on Sclopio Peepio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWxg9AI23YU

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really don't like professor brothers being fully animated

I think I like his JFK song more than the Washington one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo

• Locked thread