Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Pretty much an Oregon native now, gently caress all you people from California stop moving up here.

assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Aimee Mann can be your maid!!!!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Did you move to Bend or something?

Why?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
It's Phoenix ppl moving up to OR now. Cali types get bored and gently caress off.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Bend area *Redmond* and I got a sweet job offer and after looking at like.. 2 reviews online I decided that I was gonna move here.

Also don't move here it's insanely crowded but it wasn't before I moved here and now it is so yeah don't move here.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MurderBot posted:

Bend area *Redmond* and I got a sweet job offer and after looking at like.. 2 reviews online I decided that I was gonna move here.

Also don't move here it's insanely crowded but it wasn't before I moved here and now it is so yeah don't move here.

I am an actual native Oregonian, and according to the rules of jizyah you must now tithe part of your income to me.

I rarely have any reason to go to Bend, but the last time I was there it actually seemed to have become an almost civilized place.

Abrahamsen
Jul 1, 2009
Bend-area, done thatea.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I am an actual native Oregonian, and according to the rules of jizyah you must now tithe part of your income to me.

I rarely have any reason to go to Bend, but the last time I was there it actually seemed to have become an almost civilized place.

Thank god, another native Oregonian in the thread.

So far it's pretty awesome, but I've been here for 25 hours and I suppose can't really say much aside from the weather being pretty awesome and the views of the snow covered mountains to the west is pretty neat.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Bend is better in the off season when its not so crowded.
Mt. Bachelor is great for skiing. There is awesome fishing, mountain biking, lava tunnels, etc.
Crater Lake is pretty amazing.
Legalized weed is good.

The whole gas pumping thing is retarded though.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

How's the fishing op, i will move there too. U need a roomie?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good job idiot

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Internetjack posted:

The whole gas pumping thing is retarded though.

Counterpoint: It is awesome and you are just bad and dumb.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
now you can tool around with all the other failed 20 somethings

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ha ha gently caress you

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm p. Successful u jerk :(

I think the fishing is good but I'm more excited to shoot me a deer than anything.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Internetjack posted:

weed is good.

agreed

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oregon gobbles knob

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress you I'll move to Oregon if I want to,

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I lived in Lakeview for a few months it seemed as harsh and desolate a place as anywhere in the lower 48. If it's typical Oregon I don't super get the appeal.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Do they have tacos there because if not

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Someone tell me why Medford / Ashland have so many hotels, is it the Shakespeare Festival or what

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
sup

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Sup gangster.

They have a place that has tacos but I'm from southern NM so I'm leery about any Mexican food also if u ain't from Oregon suck my D thx

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

Someone tell me why Medford / Ashland have so many hotels, is it the Shakespeare Festival or what

ashland cuz it's a cool city to visit i guess
medford because methed out retards gotta gently caress whores somewhere definitely

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I didn't know Fangraphs, USS Mariner founder, Dave Cameron, was a Goon. He's such a loving smug dipshit I guess I should've just assumed...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so when you say californians go home do you mean everyone or just like bay area types? because rural californians are basically your people: meth, weed, lottery tickets, parking your trailer on a square acre of land and then adding fiberboard shacks on to create a crude house, etc.

don't get me wrong, i respect and aspire toward this lifestyle myself

naem
May 29, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

so when you say californians go home do you mean everyone or just like bay area types? because rural californians are basically your people: meth, weed, lottery tickets, parking your trailer on a square acre of land and then adding fiberboard shacks on to create a crude house, etc.

don't get me wrong, i respect and aspire toward this lifestyle myself

Your CA fiberboard trailer shack is still worth $1.8 million

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I dunno just stop moving here I'm sick of people moving to my native land

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

Oregon gobbles knob

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MurderBot posted:

I dunno just stop moving here I'm sick of people moving to my native land

ha ha yeah, stop moving to oregon people.

Ha ha? what the gently caress are you talking about?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody can spell espresso correctly up there it's wack. :colbert:

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Nobody can spell espresso correctly up there it's wack. :colbert:

C-O-F-F-E-E

Freeze dried and packed into a tin the way God intended.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
gently caress oregon

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

gently caress oregon

i wish it was oredygone, if u read me. didnt the green river killer slay all his victims in loving orgeon? hippy and endless forests filled with murders. its also probly cold too so theres that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

gently caress oregon

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yes, Oregon is a terrible place and you should definitely not consider moving here. It is a poo poo state full of poo poo people, myself being a prime example of this. I hear Ohio is nice if you are looking for somewhere to relocate.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yes, Oregon is a terrible place and you should definitely not consider moving here. It is a poo poo state full of poo poo people, myself being a prime example of this. I hear Ohio is nice if you are looking for somewhere to relocate.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

the first 15 minutes of being in Central Oregon I saw a dude with a dualie truck riding around with a confederate flag waving in the back and two "make america great again" stickers.

My kinda people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

MurderBot posted:

I'm p. Successful u jerk :(

I think the fishing is good but I'm more excited to shoot me a deer than anything.

Take a spotlight and shine them. It's deer hunting easy mode

• Locked thread