Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

None of these people are any of the 4 characters in the comic book, Jonathan Speedwagon Dio and Zeppeli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

E1M1 posted:

Anyone else not feeling the new season? I like our new punchboys and Jotaro Prime but there's no real direction to the plot and Mr Hands is no Dio that's for certain

Kira is insanely badass, but motly just because hes a wierdo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

E1M1 posted:

Anyone else not feeling the new season? I like our new punchboys and Jotaro Prime but there's no real direction to the plot and Mr Hands is no Dio that's for certain

just wait

i read the manga with the horrible translations and its still one of my favorite arcs, you'll see why

poo poo gets really really really kooky and bizarre, anime is only on episode 23 and its almost halfwayish? its only going to get more outrageous

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
IMA, ORE NO KONO ATAMA NO KOTO NAN TSUTTA!?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Lastgirl posted:

https://youtu.be/ooiCHuKGEdw?t=25

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

pictured: where anime belongs

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

hth posted:

pictured: where anime belongs

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how terrible is the anime sub to let this poo poo spew onto the good forums

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

h*h posted:

how terrible is the anime sub to let this poo poo spew onto the good forums

If you really hated anime, you would have bought a better avatar.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm not really into season 3 or 4 as much as the first two, all the absurd misdirection and contingency plan fights were way better than all this dumb stand nonsense. It went from a cool fighting/adventure story to this lame monster of the week poo poo.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think what I'm saying is the show got less good when the main protagonists started being from Japan and the show wasn't about the Jostar legacy of fighting hosed up glam rock vampires anymore.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

notZaar posted:

If you really hated anime, you would have bought a better avatar.

lmoa this fool censored hth's name to avoid the censors

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

I have no idea whats going on but something is definately happening

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

"NEIGHBOARHOOD"?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

lmoa this fool censored h*h's name to avoid the censors

You bet your bottom dollar I did.

In Jojo news I just ordered another Jojo book from Amazon, time to see how Jojo will defeat iron tarkus and the blue Ford.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Board. Y'know, like message/imageboard.

This image macro has deep lore.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkbRxzp7T9M

Joseph best Jojo.

Jolyne is second best because she's literally the best parts of Joseph and Jotaro combined and Hermes and Foo Fighters are bad-rear end sidekicks.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
shia hatto attaku...

jakuten wa nai

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm not really into season 3 or 4 as much as the first two, all the absurd misdirection and contingency plan fights were way better than all this dumb stand nonsense. It went from a cool fighting/adventure story to this lame monster of the week poo poo.

Joseph's my favorite JoJo but I still think Stardust Crusaders is the most entertaining run of the show. I still watch the D'arby the Gambler episode every couple of weeks because it's so loving good. gently caress JoJo is great

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

No one knows what this mysterious abbreviation means

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Volcott posted:

No one knows what this mysterious abbreviation means

Dastardly Doings Delivered at Discounted Cost.

Steel Ball Run is the best, but everyone knew that already.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i need to stop reading steel ball run while on drugs because none of it makes sense to me

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i need to stop reading steel ball run while on drugs because none of it makes sense to me

None of it makes sense at all, that's the beauty of SBR.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lamebot posted:

Dastardly Doings Delivered at Discounted Cost.

Steel Ball Run is the best, but everyone knew that already.

I misread this as dastardly dongs and got really horny for the POTUS.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't watched anime before and went gave this a try based on this thread. The first three episodes were great, dealing with somewhat realistic characters and situations, fast paced and extremely dramatic. Then it introduces some magic poo poo which I didn't like and slows the pace down for some relatively entertaining fighting. I still watched through the first and second parts because the hero and villains were pretty well characterized and I wanted to see where the story would go.

Then it introduced the "stand" bullshit presumably to sell toys, removed all drama and interesting characterization (like no time is spent on the villain they're after), and the fights are boring as hell now. I stopped watching when one of the hero's friends gets turned into a small child by a bad guy and enjoys having his wiener washed by a concerned sexy anime girl who comes across him. :barf:

If this is an extremely ownage anime I'm not interested in seeing more

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Zidrooner posted:

I haven't watched anime before and went gave this a try based on this thread. The first three episodes were great, dealing with somewhat realistic characters and situations, fast paced and extremely dramatic. Then it introduces some magic poo poo which I didn't like and slows the pace down for some relatively entertaining fighting. I still watched through the first and second parts because the hero and villains were pretty well characterized and I wanted to see where the story would go.

Then it introduced the "stand" bullshit presumably to sell toys, removed all drama and interesting characterization (like no time is spent on the villain they're after), and the fights are boring as hell now. I stopped watching when one of the hero's friends gets turned into a small child by a bad guy and enjoys having his wiener washed by a concerned sexy anime girl who comes across him. :barf:

If this is an extremely ownage anime I'm not interested in seeing more

Say what you want but the current season of Jojo has a villain who's so upset at a dog taking a poo poo that he bites the dog's face off then spews its blood into its owner's screaming mouth. If that isn't quality television then nothing is

garfield hentai fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 10, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the villain of the bit you quit on is the same villain from part 1. i don't remember the bit you're talking about but i've not actually watched much of it just read it

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Jose posted:

the villain of the bit you quit on is the same villain from part 1. i don't remember the bit you're talking about but i've not actually watched much of it just read it

Silver Franceman vs. Alessi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgVV65kO0g

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i played this video game fighting game a lot on GGPO and dreamcast

i didnt know it was a anime

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the homer d'oh at the end really sells it

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Who is Jojo and why is his adventure bizarre?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Gaunab posted:

Who is Jojo and why is his adventure bizarre?

His childhood rival turns into a vampire from a magic Aztec mask. That's pretty bizarre.

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
Normally I'd be down to trash on some japanimation, but Jojo's is like the Freddie Mercury of anime. Respect.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

notZaar posted:

His childhood rival turns into a vampire from a magic Aztec mask. That's pretty bizarre.

not to mention it becomse a generational fight that lasts centuries~

a 200 year old vampire that can shoot liquid from his eyes and stop time while trying to crush you with a road roller? thats not bizarre at all~ :v:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

not to mention it becomse a generational fight that lasts centuries~

a 200 year old vampire that can shoot liquid from his eyes and stop time while trying to crush you with a road roller? thats not bizarre at all~ :v:

For real? I'm still on the third book. Guess its going Dune style.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
sounds like the exact same super original plot that yugioh has

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

all I know about jojo is whenever people refer to breaking into "jojo poses" it makes me laugh even tho I don't even know what they are. I imagine they are bad*ss and sweet as hell though.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=k91t_gI8ZwA

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

beep by grandpa posted:

all I know about jojo is whenever people refer to breaking into "jojo poses" it makes me laugh even tho I don't even know what they are. I imagine they are bad*ss and sweet as hell though.

Jojo poses aren't badass, they're fabulously melodramatic. The author pulls a lot of them from fashion magazines.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

Jojo poses aren't badass, they're fabulously melodramatic. The author pulls a lot of them from fashion magazines.

every single one of those is incredibly badass, better than I could have possibly imagined. my favorite is the man on the far left.

• Locked thread