Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I've decided that a high boot from a bicycle kick is much safer than a high boot with the studs showing and that's why cool bicycle kick goals should be allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Wenger in, Koscielny to play centre forward like a new signing

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

He was close to tears! It woukd be ao funny if he got banned.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Chelsea tears are always the funniest.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Y61iCGeac

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is Mkhitaryan a foreign myth and a fraud who lacks the bottle for a tough derby game?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

Is Mkhitaryan a foreign myth and a fraud who lacks the bottle for a tough derby game?

Is this the primary talking point for the podcast this week?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Former England and Manchester United defender Gary Neville says he has been "chucked overboard" after leaving coaching roles with England and Valencia this year.

Neville, 41, was sacked by the La Liga club in March after less than four months in charge.

He left his post as England assistant manager after their Euro 2016 exit.

"It could be that I'm no longer ever a coach in football. That's not a loss," he told Sky Sports News.

Neville stepped down from his position with England on 27 June, within minutes of the shock 2-1 defeat by Iceland, along with manager Roy Hodgson and fellow coach Ray Lewington.

"The FA invested in me for four years. I'm the most experienced I've ever been yet you get chucked overboard," Neville added.

"I'm only 41 years of age and you're regarded as a failure and the reality of it is the investment has to come through defeat and victory.

"I've been to eight tournaments as a player, three as a coach, I'm probably the only English coach that's managed in La Liga at a top four club in the last 15 to 20 years, even if it's only for four months."

Valencia won three of their 16 league games under Neville, and 10 of 28 matches overall.

Neville co-owns National League North side Salford City with fellow ex-United stars Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and brother Phil.

He was also involved in the development of Hotel Football, near his former club's Old Trafford stadium, and said these commitments meant he did not want to return to coaching "in the next five years".

:qq:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

PirateBob posted:

he wasn't match fit and mourinho hosed up big time

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

"I'm the most experienced I've ever been," just like literally everyone else ever.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

"I'm the most experienced I've ever been," just like literally everyone else ever.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That article missed the best part of the interview:

"It's my obligation to deliver Salford City to the Football League. It's my obligation to roll out Hotel Football internationally. It's my obligation to deliver high-end restaurants with Michael O'Hare. It's my obligation to deliver St Michael's, which I believe is the best development in Manchester."

Gary Neville, high-end restaurateur.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
nevlesse oblige

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Wow, Valencia and the Euros really have broken him.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

it's customary for people to do complete 180s after each game

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
the media always conveniently omits the fact that the good lads from the class of 92 sold the biggest part of Salford City to Peter Lim

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
just read that at some UEFA thing, Wengy told Mou in straight up Mean Girls voice "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!"

for boring actual facts read this:
http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2016/09/07/57cfdb3246163fe36d8b45db.html

:laffo:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

No the primary talking point is if Pogba is currently some kind of child mentally who doesn't take responsibility and time will tell if that ever changes. :v:

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Vegetable posted:

That article missed the best part of the interview:

"It's my obligation to deliver Salford City to the Football League. It's my obligation to roll out Hotel Football internationally. It's my obligation to deliver high-end restaurants with Michael O'Hare. It's my obligation to have the tiniest cock in Manchester."

Gary Neville

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Maybe Chinese takeovers aren't all bad

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/13/everton-sunderland-fan-cancer-battle-bradley-lowery

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

700 grand holy poo poo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

quiet enjoyment posted:

just read that at some UEFA thing, Wengy told Mou in straight up Mean Girls voice "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!"

for boring actual facts read this:
http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2016/09/07/57cfdb3246163fe36d8b45db.html

:laffo:

Mourinho really has changed since he wwnt to United.

I mean, he's still a shitheel to everyone he was a shitheel to before, and still picks on out of favour players in public, but he's totally changed.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

NTRabbit posted:

Mourinho really has changed since he wwnt to United.

I mean, he's still a shitheel to everyone he was a shitheel to before, and still picks on out of favour players in public, but he's totally changed.

it's The United Way

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mourinho is a knob

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Famous Chinaman Farhad Moshiri

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Blue Star Error posted:

Famous Chinaman Farhad Moshiri

should have spent the money enriching uranium imo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

should have spent the money enriching uranium imo

Brazillian footballer names are getting weird

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Phil Jones is out for another month. Didn't know he was approaching fitness in the first place lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wilshere has had a scan on his ankle today at Bournemouth hospital. 1 match.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Wilshere has had a scan on his ankle today at Bournemouth hospital. 1 match.

He's finally getting a transplant? Should have done it years ago.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

lol loving hell i've heard mockney accents before but that's the first time i've heard a mock Essex accent

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

to cut a long story short...

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wrong thread

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lol loving hell i've heard mockney accents before but that's the first time i've heard a mock Essex accent

people that say 'yous' should be destroyed

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Really looking forward to Liverpool Chelsea tomorrow, hope it's a good game. Genuinely so excited to watch Pool play, even with the overwrought 'defensive frailties'.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I hope David Luiz doesn't look like an idiot out there after I've spent the last couple weeks talking him up

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
luiz vs hart clean sheet challenge

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I hope David Luiz doesn't look like an idiot out there after I've spent the last couple weeks talking him up

He's pretty quick so I don't think our pace up front will bother him but the pressing might. Lallana, Mane, and Firmino are all very good at closing players down.

My biggest worry is that Costa will wind up Lovren into doing something stupid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope Chelsea beat Liverpool very badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I want a 4-4 draw with lots of comical defending and Costa finally getting sent off for two soft bookings.

• Locked thread