Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Athanatos posted:

Announced was just under 50k there.

People might start to enjoy football in Illinois? What a world.

wowsers. I can't wait to paint Evanston orange

maybe it's time to get the baby a chief onesie to go along with the dozen bama outfits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
HIP
HIP
HOO
RAY
BITCHES

https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/772285265809330176

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Dawgs, bitch. gently caress Michael Jordan

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I've tried to hide it for years with Kentucky, only to be miserable and, in the final years, abused. So, I want to tell you guys first. Since I trust you.

Mark Stoops might be one of the most overrated coaches in college football, all because of one good recruiting class 2 years ago. Had 44 hung on him by the OC he threw under the bus after last season.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

We beat Fresno State! The Cornhuskers are going to the Super Bowl!!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Drawing Conclusions: Week 1

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
^^ dat smug bucky

Wisconsin win, and we probably should have won by a lot more, but shot ourselves in the foot so, so many times.

LSU QB is like Illinois bad though.

And our D is still stupid good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Imagine if lsu could develop a qb

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Jamarcus Russell!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa won comfortably but looked like rear end doing so, as is our custom. The offense was generally really good. The running game was basically unstoppable with both Wadley and Daniels having big games (Wadley got the most carries which made me very happy). Beathard didn't have huge stats but he was efficient and had some really nice throws. Miami isn't good but it was an acceptably dominant performance aside from a couple hiccups in pass protection. Also we burned the redshirt of our true freshman QB of the future just so he could hand off a couple times, which is dumb both because it needlessly wastes and year and singles to Tyler Weigers (a junior who was the backup last year) that he's definitely not starting and should probably work on a grad transfer if he wants to.

The defense played like poo poo, aside from forcing a bunch of fumbles. Some of that was Josey Jewell getting bounced on the first punt return for targeting (don't think he was being needlessly dirty or going out of his way to target the guys head but it was an ugly hit and the correct call). The middle was noticeably soft to the run and the pass and he probably cleans some of that up if he's in there. We also lost a starting DE for almost the whole game with a hamstring issue (not sure how severe) and another linebacker was in and out of the lineup a lot. Still, The Other Miami is an awful team, and there's no real excuse for giving up multiple long drives to them. Greg Mabin had the worst game of his career and may have lost his job. He's been good in the past and I'm not sure he was getting much help from the newest walk on starting safety, but it was really bad. He's going to get throw at a TON with King on the other side of the field so that needs to get fixed.

Still, they won big and it was the first week. Hard to be too concerned yet. Next week SHOULD be easy with the way ISU looked against UNI, but that never loving matters in this stupid game

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Metapod posted:

It would be really nice to not have Fournette running himself to death for free for that team

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Jamarcus Russell!

Like he said,

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Drawing Conclusions: Week 1

I'm super glad these are still around. That harbaugh one is amazing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TubeStank posted:

Welcome friend

:shobon:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
It's only fair that USC player did a nut shot during the game, seeing has how Alabama was kicking them in the balls all game long.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Good start to my season tickets for the canes. We looked like we should against FAMU. The past couple of years, we'd still give up a bunch of yards. That didn't happen this time. Offense and defense played vanilla, and executed well. Special teams(except for allowing a blocked punt and a missed FG) was fantastic with a blocked punt, a TD return, and some good coverage on kicks. The team looks really, really well coached. We didn't have a penalty until the middle second quarter, and it was done by the backups. I think this team wins the poo poo show that is the coastal. We out-talent everyone by a large margin, but we lack any depth. If we get injuries, this season goes downhill super fast.

The new stadium is fantastic. Crowd was announced at 60k or so, and it actually was that. The only really empty spot was the upper bowl in the NW of the stadium. Everything else was filled. Stadium started emptying out in the last couple minutes of the third which was dumb because we scored 42 in the 3rd and it was fun. The stadium is really, really loud, and not all the ceiling panels are in yet. I'm in a section that has a bunch of player's family and it's great. FAMU band did not give a gently caress, and just kept playing straight through plays and everything and it was hilarious. This stadium is going to end up louder than the OB, and if the canes get rolling it's going to be a good home field advantage. The only downside is that EVERYTHING carries, so that loving FSU chant is going to ring throughout the stadium. It feels totally different in there. I was amazed.

Panels not completed yet, which means it'll get louder, plus one of the screens:

End of the first: Those empty seats up top were the only part of the upper bowl that weren't full.

View from my seat

Middle of the Third:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thanks for the pics and trip report

Phins up

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm surprised more stadiums in the states don't have that sort of half-roof thing like you see on so many soccer/rugby stadiums around Europe. Keeps the rain off fans and does a kickass job of holding sound in

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

It's fantastic. Ross did a great job. The new food options in the concourse were pretty nice. The only downside to the stadium is that it gets rid of any breeze, so it can feel hotter with the humidity. That said, it's always been hot in that stadium.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
quote from the guy that got murdered by the LSU cheap shot:

"He was just mad. I would've been mad too. I've been hit harder."

what a baller

also: https://twitter.com/JustinKing/status/772445164635914240/video/1

:vince:

Scionix fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 4, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Anyone have a gif or vid of the LSU cheap shot? I missed that one.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Christ do we miss Dieter. Glad to see him get that long TD last night. Enjoy him, bama :unsmith:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

Anyone have a gif or vid of the LSU cheap shot? I missed that one.

http://i.imgur.com/fSWTPeP.mp4

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Metapod posted:

Reminder that Cam Cameron is the highest-paid OC in America. Or at least he was last year. For putting together an offense that consists of "big athletic guy running forward."

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Abugadu posted:

LSU QB is like Illinois bad though.

And our D is still stupid good.

I dunno how you can possibly know the second part given how true the first part is.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

NippleFloss posted:

I dunno how you can possibly know the second part given how true the first part is.

Because we were slicing through their o-line repeatedly, stuffing runs and forcing hurried throws.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Holy loving poo poo :ohdear:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

Iowa won comfortably but looked like rear end doing so, as is our custom. The offense was generally really good. The running game was basically unstoppable with both Wadley and Daniels having big games (Wadley got the most carries which made me very happy). Beathard didn't have huge stats but he was efficient and had some really nice throws. Miami isn't good but it was an acceptably dominant performance aside from a couple hiccups in pass protection. Also we burned the redshirt of our true freshman QB of the future just so he could hand off a couple times, which is dumb both because it needlessly wastes and year and singles to Tyler Weigers (a junior who was the backup last year) that he's definitely not starting and should probably work on a grad transfer if he wants to.

The defense played like poo poo, aside from forcing a bunch of fumbles. Some of that was Josey Jewell getting bounced on the first punt return for targeting (don't think he was being needlessly dirty or going out of his way to target the guys head but it was an ugly hit and the correct call). The middle was noticeably soft to the run and the pass and he probably cleans some of that up if he's in there. We also lost a starting DE for almost the whole game with a hamstring issue (not sure how severe) and another linebacker was in and out of the lineup a lot. Still, The Other Miami is an awful team, and there's no real excuse for giving up multiple long drives to them. Greg Mabin had the worst game of his career and may have lost his job. He's been good in the past and I'm not sure he was getting much help from the newest walk on starting safety, but it was really bad. He's going to get throw at a TON with King on the other side of the field so that needs to get fixed.

Still, they won big and it was the first week. Hard to be too concerned yet. Next week SHOULD be easy with the way ISU looked against UNI, but that never loving matters in this stupid game

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
N:

quote:

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables had been “tipped off” -- that was the extent of his explanation -- that Auburn might run some Wing-T, and he hadn’t the slightest clue on how best to defend an offense rarely employed beyond the high school level. So, a day before the game, Venables sat down at his computer and did what we all might do in such situations.

“I literally Googled, ‘How to stop the wing-T,’” Venables admitted afterward.

V: :golfclap:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"Defenses, how do they work?" is a popular search phrase from Norman today

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Abugadu posted:

Because we were slicing through their o-line repeatedly, stuffing runs and forcing hurried throws.

The O-line was a mess, which was also true for a lot of last year. Guys missing blocking assignments and unable to generate any push. It's reasonably easy to stuff runs when you can put 8 guys in the box because if Harris finds time to throw he's just going to wing it over someone's head or at an opposing defender.

The defense may be good, but when you're playing an offense as broken and badly coached as LSU's it's hard to say. And I don't just mean the QB, the whole offense, from line play, to receivers, to the flow of the play calling, is broken. LSU burned two timeouts in the second half because the sideline couldn't get the play in on time. It's a joke.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

We ran the wing t in high school lol.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that's loving amazing.

jesus christ :stare:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yeah it was really bad. It was compounded by the guy stumbling and dropping his head before contact but it was a reckless hit and I'm totally fine with him being ejected for it.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 4, 2016

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

LiquidFriend posted:

I watched about one half of WVU/Mizzou at some eatery called "Jethros" in Des Moines today, after I requested someone turn on the game. 30 minutes later, I was ashamed that I ever asked and couldn't wait to finish eating and leave. I knew MU would be a poo poo poop team on Offense, but even the Defense isn't very good anymore.

Bad signing classes, transfers/quits/graduations/Maty Mauk have really ravaged the roster, whoever the OC they hired is poo poo and Barry Odom can't handle this job as a first time HC at this point of time for the program. I'd ask who the gently caress made this hire, but I know that answer. A dumbass that paid the University to work here basically.

Send Mizzou to the Sun Belt.

Well at least they weren't loving stupid enough to keep Kim Ander........oh jesus gently caress.

Really don't agree with this post. Josh Heupel's offense looks way loving better than Josh Henson's, Drew Lock had a rough start but looked improved as the game went on. The only legitimate concern (i.e. I expected them to be better than they performed) is with the running game, but we'll see how that goes considering how green the OL is. Defense isn't as bad as people are making them out to be either. What did you expect with Kentrell Brothers graduating and Walter Brady getting kicked off the team?

By far the worst part about the Mizzou game was how bad Tucker McCann looked, both on kickoffs and on FGs. I think this team will end up winning 7ish games and make a bowl. 2016 was never going to be The Year where they threaten in a weak East, that's most likely 2017.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Already seeing the UH bandwagon fill up on my fb feed. Go a coug.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
https://twitter.com/RKalland/status/772469510146252804

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Plenty of room on the H-Town band-slab -

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU