Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hello all, and welcome to the general Slice of Life thread!
I’d like this thread to be a home for general slice of life manga that don’t already have a home here in the ADTRW, which I feel is an oversight! I’ll mention some of them, and link to the different threads that we may have some overlap with. We’ll probably have a decent amount of overlap with the romance thread, but hey.

A note before we get started: There are a lot of daily life mangas out there. I have done my best to curate this list to keep it down to a reasonable number. In doing so, I have made omissions both large and small, old and new. If you feel I should add something to the list, let me know and I’ll do it! If you think there's something on the list that shouldn't be there, let's talk about it and maybe I'll take it off the list! Also, if I have made an oversight on licensed manga availability, please let me know ASAP so I can get the links fixed. I tried my best, I really did. There’s just. So. Many.

Those Without a Home
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Putting a little siren here because I love YKK.:siren:
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

I know this probably doesn’t belong here, but as my personal favorite manga (and slice of life) ever, it’s on top of the list. Note: the scanlation towards the end drops in quality, but it’s worth a read. There may be a high-def escalation forthcoming at some point in the future.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is the story of Alpha, an android who runs a small cafe on the Yokohama coast … in a future where climate change has ravaged humanity, which is slowly in decline. The absolute beauty of it has brought me to tears, though results may vary.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Nomi Joshi:siren:

Something I can't believe I forgot in the OP, I'm gonna make this one extra visible because it's amazing. It's a manga about a group of friends who like to drink and eat together! It's very, very good and was translated by our MIA savior may he return someday Zoglin.
Batoto

Nichijou

Of course, Nichijou. The ultimate slice of life, it follows a group of high school students, a robot, and the tiniest professor. You probably know of this by its anime, but it does have a manga, too! It’s been recently released in english, and multiple volumes are available on amazon. If you wanna find it somewhere else, do it on your own time.
Links:
Amazon Volume 1

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Another slice of life juggernaut and another you may know by its excellent anime, Danshi Koukousei follows the lives of three high school boys in their daily lives and hilarious delusions. The manga ended abruptly, but is - I assure you - a great read.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Gisèle Alain:siren:

This one may be better suited to the Foreign History Manga thread, but I don’t see it brought up much and it is mostly a slice of life.
This is the story of Gisèle Alain, a young girl in 1800’s England, who manages an apartment building and tries to make her way in, and impact on, the world with the help of her friends and tenants. The art in this is gorgeous, and the storytelling is wonderful. Sadly, as of this writing it seems to be on an unexplained hiatus. It is 120% worth a read though! (Note, I believe it is licensed in Italian. If you’re an italian in here reading this, GO BUY IT! You won’t regret it.)
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Tomo-chan Wa Onna No Ko!

A daily-updating 4-koma about a tomboy (Tomo), her friends, and her very unlucky love life with a moron. The series is at its best when not dealing with her woebegotten love life, and is a solid read for cute slice of life things every weekday.
Links:
Scanlator's site.
Batoto
Kissmanga

Shirley / Shirley Madison

Kaoru Mori’s other maid work, Shirley follows a young english maid in the 1800’s working in the house of a super awesome well-to-do business lady. This work is beautiful, but also short. The series is in two parts, with Shirley Madison being the continuation. We can hold out hope that maybe, some day, she may draw some more of it.
Links:
Batoto Series 1
Kissmanga Series 1
Batoto Series 2
Kissmanga Series 2

Yotsuba&

I almost forgot to put this in here, which should be an offense punishable by flogging. An iconic slice of life, you … probably already know about it. But in case you don’t, Yotsubato is the daily life of Yotsuba and her dad, her friends and neighbors. It is wonderful and cheerful and fun. If you haven’t read it, read it right now.
Maybe THE MOST Iconic Slice of Life
Links:
Amazon Volume 1

Aria

In competition with Yotsuba& for the most iconic slice of life, Aria follows Mizunashi Akari as she settles into her new home on the planet formerly known as Mars Aqua.
Links:
Amazon Volume 1. Seriously it's super cheap just go buy it.

Nukoduke!

One of the cutest currently running manga, Nukoduke is set in a world where there are tiny cat-people called ‘nukos’. This is the life of Kei and Sasame and their owner Yuuya. It is absolutely adorable, bring your insulin. Maybe should go in the surreal thread, but it's too cute to not share.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Yandere Kanojo

Apparently this belongs most in the Delinquent Schoolgirl thread, which I just now found out existed. This is the story of Manabu and Reina, a nerd/sukeban(delinquent) combo couple. This is an all-star of the genre.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Love Is Difficult For An Otaku

Translated by our very own Zoglin Warchief (Thanks Zoglin!), what I like to call "Otaku Love" is a sweet and relatable shortish-form manga about two nerdy couples who also work together. It's really great.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

A couple recommendations from Explosions:

Explosions posted:

Twin Spica

Little girl chases her dream of being an astronaut, also is best friends with a lion ghost. Licensed, someone has scanned the first five volumes but you're going to have to brave your local library for the last seven. Do not actually read it there in the library, crying at manga in public is Not A Cool Look.
Amazon has it, and it's pretty cheap. Most used manga is pretty cheap.

Kabu no Isaki

By far my favorite work by the YKK author, about flying planes in a huge empty world. There will be a point where you think the comic should be over but there is still a whole volume left - you can actually stop there, the author has just decided to spend a bonus volume laboriously converting subtext into text. Online in full.

Also found in Japanese on Amazon, amazingly enough. Huh, the things you find when you look.
I'll put a little :siren: here near Kabu, it's amazing too. I'm not biased.

Sui Youbi

Sui is a native from an unspecified foreign country who moves to Japan to get married. This very cute slice of life is about her discovering Japanese culture, and her husband learning how to deal with someone so darned cute. This is another adorable manga that’ll leave you reaching for your insulin.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Amanchu!

If you don’t know from the recent and popular anime, this one’s about a girl who really really really likes scuba diving. It follows the daily lives of her, her teacher, and her friends. Technically, I haven’t read this all the way through or watched the anime, but generally everyone loves it, so there you have it.
(Note: by the author of Aria and Aqua.)
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

The story of Fujiyama and her boyfriend, a normal high-school couple, except … Fujiyama is is tall and her boyfriend is short. It’s a really great slice of life romance.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Mishiro-san to Yamada-kun

Another very cute slice of life romance about high schoolers Yamada-kun and Mishiro-san and their friends, this one is another short-form from the same mangaka who did the Gentleman Orc webmanga, which I won’t link due to it being borderline NSFW. This one is SFW, and it features the characteristic simple art style of this mangaka.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Non Non Biyori

Yet another slice of life that got a good anime adaptation, Non Non Biyori is the story of a very small, very isolated school in rural Japan. It’s so small, in fact, that its sole students are four girls! a very cute, heartwarming series. Also available in english legally!
Links:
Amazon Volume 1

Doukyonin Wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama No Ue

Mikazuki Subari, a terrible misanthropic shut-in novelist, adopts a cat! The series is interesting in that it has chapters alternating in perspective, one of Mikazuki’s, and one of the cat’s. It’s a fairly recent addition, but I expect it to build up a decent backlog (and following) soon enough.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Hitoribocchi No Oo Seikatsu

Meet Hitori Bocchi, a very, very shy high school frenshman who wants to make friends. To motivate her, she promised her best friend from middle school that she would befriend everyone in her class. It’s a very cute read, but it does involve a lot of puns that do not translate to english well.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Mitsuboshi Colors

By the same mangaka as Hitoribocchi, Mitsubishi Colors follows three young girls and their adventures in protecting the peace of their small town!
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru

A really great slice of life about Hotori Arashiyama, her friends, and the shopping district they work / hang out in. Hotter tries to solve mysteries, but … yeah. It’s a great, long-running slice of life that you can get officially!
Links:
Crunchyroll

Oh, My Sweet Alien!This too.:siren:

One of the best romance/fantasy slice of life manga, in my opinion. It’s short, clocking in at 2 volumes just before the untimely death of the mangaka. :rip: I’ll just go with the batoto description because it’s great: “A man marries an alien. Wackiness ensues.” WARNING: Contains alien nudity, :nws:
Links:
Batoto (These links are safe, but not the chapters once you click on them. YOU ARE WARNED.)
Kissmanga

Kotonoba Drive last one:siren:

By Ashinano Hitoshi, the YKK guy. A surreal, chill, beautiful slice of life about a girl, her scooter, and getting beautifully lost in the mundane places she goes.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Ashonde yo - Uchi no Inu Log

Caveat: It’s fairly new on the scene and there’s only one chapter, but my friend has the volume and it will be scanned, I just need to prod him about it.
A short-ish form manga about a guy and his corgi, full of cute and relatable (if you have a dog) dog things. Full color.
Links:
Batoto

Kekkonshite Mo Koishiteru

This has been mentioned in Burrito’s excellent Dad manga thread. It’s a short slice of life about married couple that is still very much in love and their family. A cute, quick read that’s waiting on updates.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Itohen

A cute, short manga about a recent graduate finding work in a tailor’s shop. It’s by the same mangaka as Usagi Drop, and no it does not go on long enough to get weird.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Koukou Kyuuji Zawa-san

A short-form slice of life about Zawa-san, a high school girl who is ridiculously good at baseball and doesn’t care for much else. A very good, light read.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Tamen de Gushi

A chinese yuri (what’s the chinese word for yuri?) webtoon about two high school girls falling in love. Super cute.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

34-Sai Mushoku-san

The daily life of an unemployed 34-year old. Very laid back and funny.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Kyou o Aruko

Recommended by Davincie, starts as a slice-of-life-ish, but develops into a deeper story.
Links:
Batoto

E:
Adding in a couple new ones!
Yurucamp!

A manga about high school girls going camping and seeing the beautiful sights around Mt. Fuji. It's super cute, and is getting an anime in 2018!
Batoto

Kareshi no Neko ga Kawaikunai

A girlfriend isn't a big fan of her boyfriend's super fluffy cat. Pretty short, pretty cute and fluffy.
Batoto]

Ojisan to Neko to Shoujo

A servant girl who has trouble speaking is hired by a kind older teacher and his far superior black cat. (Lots of good catmangas, huh.)
Batoto

Obaa-chan to Game

A grandma tries her best to understand her granddaughter's video game hobby, and sometimes plays with her!
Batoto

Zessyaka!

The story of a group of high schoolers at a branch of a school specializing in fixing cars! Very comfy.
Batoto

Two last personal picks, though I know they won’t be for everyone, I know:

Furumapura
A 4-koma slice of life with yuri undertones about a girl who only communicates via scorecards and her friend. It’s a Cool Kyoushinsha work, which if you know any of his other works, you know what to expect. Even in a tame work like this, there are large breasts and at least slight amounts of fanservice.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru?: A probably :nws: manga about a gyaru learning how to lift weights. Its explanations of techniques can get risqué, but will hopefully pan out to be a decent slice of gym life as it gets more chapters. Let’s pump some iron together, anime thread!

Those With a Home / Honorable Mentions I Don’t Want To Spend Too Much Time On
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Karakai Jouzo No Takagi-san: It’s a great romance / slice of life.
Tsurezure children: a 4-koma collection about different couples in a high school.
Tonari no Seki-kun: A great 4-koma about a certain classmate who is always off in his own little world.
Ojojojo: A good romance slice of life.
Shinozaki-san Ki Wo Ota Shika Ni: Something I should spend more time showing, a very cute yuri (mostly) slice of life.
Horimiya: A delightful romance slice of life.
Kawaii Joushi Wo Komarasetai: A 4-koma about a cute newbie at work teasing his cute boss.
Mill: From DrSunshine: "One of which is my favorites among all mangas. This is a heartwarming and peaceful story of a college guy and his pet bakeneko, a yokai cat named Mill, who can turn into a girl!

I know what you're thinking. " Yet Another sexy catgirl manga". It's not! Mill actually acts more like an old lady from around the Taisho era (which the main character comments on), and there's no ecchi content at all. It's just a nice, and somewhat wistful or bittersweet, story about a dude and his pet cat who is sometimes a sweet and gentle lady."

Those Other Homes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I’ve already linked some of them, but I want to curate a list of the other general threads so that people may go forth and find other great manga. In no particular order:
The Foreign History Manga thread (Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari - if you haven’t read those, go there, and read them.)
The Delinquent Schoolgirl Thread
You're already Dad! A great thread to tug on the old feel-strings.
Surreal Daily Life Thread: Where a lot of manga similar to this can be found, and what spawned this thread.
The Shoujo/Jousei/Romance thread. I think we have the most overlap between those last two threads in this one, but I hope we can keep it different enough to justify this one!
ARE YOU HAPPY, DRSUNSHINE. I know I am. :)

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Reserved in case I need it, also remind me to never be an OP again. This is so much work.

Aha! I found a purpose for this post! This is where I'll quote the recommendations of the threadgoers.

Recommendations From the Thread!

StandardVC10 posted:

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, the manga version of last season's sleeper hit anime.

I didn't even mean to do that, it just kind of happened

dordreff posted:

Smile! Sotomura-san is about a girl, Sotomura, who is feared as a delinquent by everyone she meets, but in reality she's a nice girl who has poor social skills and doesn't know how to smile without frightening people. Her first friend, Haruno, starts trying to teach her how to smile properly.

Gal and Otaku can't understand each other is about a fashionable gal, who is secretly a mega-nerd about one specific idol, and the quiet, unnoticable girl in her class who finds out about her secret hobby and starts loving with her.

Captain Invictus posted:

Wrestling life
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Love-Buzz

A semi-famous female wrestler suddenly disappears for years, and shows up one day at her old gym with a young child in tow. It's by takako shimura, author of sweet blue flowers and wandering son, and is pretty great with the four translated chapters.

darkgray posted:

Machida-kun no Sekai is pretty great, so you might want to add that too. 3 volumes out, not so many chapters translated yet, but at least someone seems to be working on it.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 31, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:neckbeard:

WOW! That's a good OP! And a GREAT selection of DL mangas! Great job!

Personally I can vouch for Tomo-chan (hilarious), Mitsuboshi Colors (adorable) and Soredemo (surreal + wacky fun!) being some of my super-faves. I'm sad that Soredemo is ending -- I just want more of the quirky characters!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

OP you'll find that aria is the most iconic slice of life. Remake the thread.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Reserved in case I need it, also remind me to never be an OP again. This is so much work.

Reading a couple of these as a result of your OP, thanks for going to the effort!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Namtab posted:

OP you'll find that aria is the most iconic slice of life. Remake the thread.

I've got a couple to add/edit, I'll toss it up there too.

CuLT posted:

Reading a couple of these as a result of your OP, thanks for going to the effort!

I hope you like them!

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Machida-kun no Sekai is pretty great, so you might want to add that too. 3 volumes out, not so many chapters translated yet, but at least someone seems to be working on it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Speaking of Mitsuboshi Colors, the most recent chapter is just goddamn hilarious. Go read it if you haven't.

"I'm super cute!" :3:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
How timely, new Nukoduke!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kyou-o-aruku-r11772

walk everyday

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doukyonin Wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama No Ue

Mikazuki Subari, a terrible misanthropic shut-in novelist, adopts a cat! The series is interesting in that it has chapters alternating in perspective, one of Mikazuki’s, and one of the cat’s. It’s a fairly recent addition, but I expect it to build up a decent backlog (and following) soon enough.
Links:
Batoto
Kissmanga

Read this ASAP, also there's a new chapter

coathat
May 21, 2007

Try The Walking Man by Taniguchi Jiro, it's the best manga about walking.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Read the first chap, this is great.

Everything Burrito posted:

Read this ASAP, also there's a new chapter

Also this. (And I think thanks burrito for recommending it in the first place? I think?)

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

Speaking of Mitsuboshi Colors, the most recent chapter is just goddamn hilarious. Go read it if you haven't.

"I'm super cute!" :3:
It's the best manga about idiot children making things harder for the people around them and each other.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mangaka dad life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kakushigoto-r17019

music life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shiori-experience-jimi-na-watashi-to-hen-na-oji-san-r10873

gay life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/otouto-no-otto-r17256

college life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/grand-blue-r16313

doge life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shiba-occhan-r17843

third walking life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/taki-takanosuke-no-sanpo-jikan-r15006

ocean life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ritou-no-umi-r6158

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Some of these are already covered in other threads (Otouto no otto and kakushigoto in the dad thread), but I'll take a look at the others! And ... Jimi Hendrix isn't slice of life, is it?

I really do encourage everyone to check out the linked threads! While I don't keep up with some of them, I do know that the ones I keep up with are pretty great with great recommendations.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 4, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

school life is sol

coathat is the walking man this
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/aruku-hito-r4050

wiki says oneshot but this is 1 volume

coathat
May 21, 2007

That's the one.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Man, ya'll are giving me too much to read, but I wanna read a bit before putting 'em in the OP. It'll take some time, but they'll get there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wrestling life

A semi-famous female wrestler suddenly disappears for years, and shows up one day at her old gym with a young child in tow. It's by takako shimura, author of sweet blue flowers and wandering son, and is pretty great with the four translated chapters.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Captain Invictus posted:

Wrestling life

Ah, I forgot about that one! I think I have it opened since I read like half a chapter and got distracted. Seemed good though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeesh, no wonder she avoided her family

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
here's 2 slice of life comics i like that are funny and cute:
Smile! Sotomura-san is about a girl, Sotomura, who is feared as a delinquent by everyone she meets, but in reality she's a nice girl who has poor social skills and doesn't know how to smile without frightening people. Her first friend, Haruno, starts trying to teach her how to smile properly.

Gal and Otaku can't understand each other is about a fashionable gal, who is secretly a mega-nerd about one specific idol, and the quiet, unnoticable girl in her class who finds out about her secret hobby and starts loving with her.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serious Frolicking posted:

yeesh, no wonder she avoided her family
yeah it's way way easier to understand her lazy bum habits when you see how terrible her actual family is

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh wow, another new kitty chapter. This time, kitty edition! Aw man, I got excited. Still super cute though.

E: Next time, kitty edition!

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 5, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh poo poo, how could I forget nomi joshi, I'll add that today.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

There seems to be like a whole subgenre of just "dudes and their pet cats". The Daily Life With Pet Cat Genre!!

One of which is my favorites among all mangas, and that's Mill. This is a heartwarming and peaceful story of a college guy and his pet bakeneko, a yokai cat named Mill, who can turn into a girl!

I know what you're thinking. ":rolleyes: Yet Another sexy catgirl manga". It's not! Mill actually acts more like an old lady from around the Taisho era (which the main character comments on), and there's no ecchi content at all. It's just a nice, and somewhat wistful or bittersweet, story about a dude and his pet cat who is sometimes a sweet and gentle lady.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

There seems to be like a whole subgenre of just "dudes and their pet cats". The Daily Life With Pet Cat Genre!!

One of which is my favorites among all mangas, and that's Mill. This is a heartwarming and peaceful story of a college guy and his pet bakeneko, a yokai cat named Mill, who can turn into a girl!

I know what you're thinking. ":rolleyes: Yet Another sexy catgirl manga". It's not! Mill actually acts more like an old lady from around the Taisho era (which the main character comments on), and there's no ecchi content at all. It's just a nice, and somewhat wistful or bittersweet, story about a dude and his pet cat who is sometimes a sweet and gentle lady.

Funny thing: I actually had Mill up there, but I thought the list was getting too long so I deleted it. Screw it, I'll throw it back up too.

That'll do for now. I'll get an image and whatnot up when I do Nomi Joshi.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 5, 2016

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

DrSunshine posted:

This is rather charming! I can't stop reading!

Also:
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, the manga version of last season's sleeper hit anime.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

StandardVC10 posted:

It's okay, it was a great one.

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer
The fact that almost 10 years on I still can't spend my hard earned Euros on an English print version of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is proof that there is no loving god.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lockmat posted:

The fact that almost 10 years on I still can't spend my hard earned Euros on an English print version of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is proof that there is no loving god.

QFT

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lockmat posted:

Hence why I've imported all of the Japanese volumes :3:

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer

Hence why I've imported all of the Japanese volumes :3:

I've actually toyed with the idea of doing that and then going to town with whiteout and penning in the translations myself, but I'm too lazy to do more than impotently grumble on the internet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Non Non Biyori

Yet another slice of life that got a good anime adaptation, Non Non Biyori is the story of a very small, very isolated school in rural Japan. It’s so small, in fact, that its sole students are four girls! a very cute, heartwarming series. Also available in english legally!
Links:
Amazon Volume 1

lol you forgot the older brother

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Devil Tesla posted:

lol you forgot the older brother

That's because I've never seen or read it. I did my best off of cursory searches and what people have said though!

Just not enough time to read / watch everything.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

That's because I've never seen or read it. I did my best off of cursory searches and what people have said though!

Just not enough time to read / watch everything.

keep it, it's better this way

also watch non non it's very good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuMXIe2OFxQ

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also very good is Flying Witch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuWa2cDq8w

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Indeed, and we talk about Flying Witch in the surreal daily life thread (link in the bottom of the OP).

Which cat is your favorite? I'm partial to Kenny. He's a cool dude, though Chiito is pretty chill too.

E: also if you don't read flying witch, do so (I'll try to get to non non biyori sometime...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kenny is best and it's great that Akane of all witches has Most Dignified Cat