Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Shrooms be legalized for adult use?
Yesm we need to get our act together and legalize shrooms so ppl can trip balls like a motherfucker.
No, i'm a small-minded rear end in a top hat and shrooms are too much fun to be legally allowed.
View Results

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

legit

you'd really have to try hard to get a bad experience on mushrooms

i don't know how to describe it but they always seemed too "sharp" for me, LSD was much more, uh, pleasant? soft? idk. I didn't dislike shrooms they just weren't a particularly pleasurable experience and nowhere near as interesting as LSD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

however one of the times i did shrooms i became a sphere that could see in all directions at once for a few seconds and the memories from that experience are all jumbled and weird because my brain can't process the sensory data my drugged brain recorded

the other time i just thought really hard about a hallucination of a 3D model of an engine that was brightly colored and clearly visible whenever I closed my eyes, p boring :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Divine Styler posted:

Strange. I'm in my early 40's, and have done quite a bit of both acid and shrooms. All of my unpleasant trips have been on LSD. I just never get that sense that I'm not in control when tripping on shrooms. If you feel sick, you just puke them up and you're normal an hour later. With acid, you drop a tab or two and you're committed to it for the next 8 hours.

In my crusty age, I can't imagine taking acid again. I did shrooms maybe 3 weeks back. Tubed down the Kern River with 5-6 friends and some beers. Good times.

Yeah I know plenty of people who had bad experiences with acid but I've done it probably hundreds of times back in college and, while I've had bad trips, the vast majority were very enjoyable and it's one of the few drugs I wish I could do again now that I'm a boring adult working a boring job. Shrooms weren't bad, I didn't feel out of control or anything, they just felt, I don't know, "uncomfortable" somehow? Not even like anxiety or anything just... harsh, uncomfortable, something like that. :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

And my bad trips were never like "oh god the world is made of spiders" kinds, just "holy gently caress I am crying harder than I have cried ever before and I will continue crying for the next 6 hours"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

I keep reading articles about how psychedelics can help with anxiety, ptsd and all sorts of things and then I realize it's probably 10+ years before LSD/shrooms might become legal in some way and it makes me sad all day.

keep in mind that those are really, uh, embellished a lot of the time, and while there are very interesting psychotherapy uses for drugs, SSRI's are better at anxiety specifically for instance

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah, acid is a way better trip than shrooms. I took a couple of microdots and wandered around St Louis with some friends and it was a feel-good experience.

My one trip on shrooms, I got super paranoid and had to drive myself home. It was like a five-minute drive but it felt like an hour, and I don't even remember my trip after that.

Once I took acid with a good friend and drove down the coast of Florida on a beautiful sunny clear day and it was the most amazingly beautiful loving experience oh my god

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

Yeah they don't taste bad at all. I suppose the american taste is so ruined that everything needs a layer of sugar to be tolerable?

They taste kinda musty and not _good_ but I never thought they tasted outright bad :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Microdosing is stupid. Why would I want to hear about somebody eating a dose of a drug that's too small to affect them? Try macrodosing, eat 400 grams, I'll read the poo poo out of the thread about that.

I mean it would be interesting to see, clinically, how it affects you in subtle not-hallucinating ways, but that's more from a science point of view than a "I want to hear about when you microdosed and totally had a cool idea for a new kind of sandwich" one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh I just remembered one time I did shrooms on top of MDMA on top of a little LSD I think? And it gave me neat visuals but completely scrambled brain patterns and word salad, so I couldn't think straight or talk right, and my friends looked at me all concerned because I wasn't making any sense and I could tell they were worried and I felt like I wanted to convey that "hey I'm okay I'm just weird right now" but 1) I couldn't assemble the thoughts correctly, the ideas were just completely jumbled and replaced with other, totally unrelated ideas in my head, and 2) whenever I said anything different words came out. That was pretty scary and luckily I was in my apartment at that time so I just kinda like stood up slowly and pointed at my bedroom and went in there and laid down and stared at the roof for like 20 minutes until it calmed down a bit :v: I'm pretty sure that's as close to a legit psychotic break I've ever come but even the crazy unrelated thoughts I was having weren't self-coherent enough to do anything with.

• Locked thread