Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if i open a box i use a utility knife well thats my story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I carry this on my keychain:

Handy as gently caress if your a technician or a repairman, and it costs less than $3 online.

In my bag I have this:

It's a Victorinox knife, so it's expensive, but worth every penny.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
e: Wrong poster

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

RedMage129 posted:

Pff. Your multitools are cute but to be truly prepared you need a good, solid tactical utility belt.
He's turning left!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I once bought a pocket knife because it looked cool and I could flip it open like a badass and my mate became obsessed with it. We realized that the one who held the knife has all the power and we kept trying to steal it from each other. Eventually we realized the power of the knife was too much for us to handle and we dropped it in the sewage drain for the greater good.

Swiss Army knives are bullshit, most of the tools are so hard to pull out.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Original_Z posted:

I once bought a pocket knife because it looked cool and I could flip it open like a badass and my mate became obsessed with it. We realized that the one who held the knife has all the power and we kept trying to steal it from each other. Eventually we realized the power of the knife was too much for us to handle and we dropped it in the sewage drain for the greater good.

Swiss Army knives are bullshit, most of the tools are so hard to pull out.

One does not simply flush the toilet

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've never needed a knife when out and about.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are called cargo shorts. hth

Everyone shits on cargo shorts because they got popular with neckbeards but they still own bones if you do a lot of outdoors stuff.

H.H posted:

I carry this on my keychain:

Handy as gently caress if your a technician or a repairman, and it costs less than $3 online.

Princess Auto has those and I use them so much. Mine come with a Robinson as well. Robinson is the king of screw heads.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I take a Swiss army knife with me, when I travel. It bought it for $15 on amazon and is build to withstand a nuclear explosion from 10ft away. I use it semi-regularly to open wine bottles and packaging. One time I used the screw driver. It has a can opener and something that I've been told is used to sew tent fabric(?). I have never used it to open a can or sew a tent.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Murphy Brownback posted:

If you're hiking or something, fine, but nobody needs one at the office.

Literally what everyone says while I'm using it to cut up an apple or something, just after asking to borrow it to tighten the screws on their chair or whatever.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I don't carry a pocket knife because I have no need for one.

I do not have the attraction to weaponry so many men have

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I LIEK SHINY STUFF I HAVE A BOX CUTTER I USE IT FOR BOXES AND MY PET MOUSES

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
A knife will probably help raise your t levels.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
If you live in California the most you can carry is a knife the length of a toothpick

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got a Swiss army knife and told myself "I won't lose the toothpick this time." I made it maybe two weeks before finding it missing. I don't even remember taking it out to use it. Now the knife just sits in my drawer and I feel a mixture of anger and regret every time I see it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Since carrying knives became illegal where I live in Australia, I only pack a 1 inch blade on my keyring.

It does not represent my penis size.

I'm hoping that if I'm ever arrested the cops will ignore it, and that if I do get busted the judge will laugh it out of court.

It has a small number of very useful inbuilt items like scissors and nail clippers. How do guys who don't carry a knife handle broken nails, it must be jutht awful.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

How do guys who don't carry a knife handle broken nails, it must be jutht awful.

Use your teeth. You can do some pretty amazing thing with those things if you approach problems with an open mind.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

waitwhatno posted:

Use your teeth. You can do some pretty amazing thing with those things if you approach problems with an open mind.

forgoing using a tool to use your teeth, youre no better than an animal

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my Dada gave me a lil Swiss army knive and yes, is good. It comes in useful when my large bedroom fire door is not closing right and I need to make it close bc what I do in my room is private

i do not like weapons, i used to have a bunch of guns but i didn't like the way i looked at them and i knew time would eventually find a way to put them in my mouth so i sold them to my roommate and bought a pug who only gets in my mouth sometimes on accident but eyyyy I don't mind :)

I got drunk on beer and found a cool store with many knifes and tasers and pep sprays and my friend bought a brass knuckle taser thing and named it Electric Justice but me? well let me tell you I only got a dumb egyptian sword cane for when i go to the mall. still embarrassed by this bad investment

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I can't deny a knife or multitool might be useful to carry, but I've yet to need one a single time outside of the house after 38 years, so iunno.

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
I have a multi tool that I carry everywhere I use the pliers a whole lot because my fingers are made of wet labia and can't get a good grip on things.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Carrying a knife everywhere was a big deal to me between the age of 15 and 21. It magically went away once I finally got laid.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Pretend I posted a pic of that goon with his sweet every day carry. You know the one.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Gatekeeper posted:

I need to make it close bc what I do in my room is private

It's OK you can say wanking on this forum

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why do people use knives to eat apples?

Bet they pull it out to eat pizza, too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
When I have a problem with my bedroom door I get real tools out of my tool box.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

sassassin posted:

When I have a problem with my bedroom door I get real tools out of my tool box.

Any room you're in becomes a tool box

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Toadvine posted:

Any room you're in becomes a tool box

He was even born out of a tool box.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i carry a buck knife and use it every day. also have a leatherman that i don't carry all the time but usually regret when i don't. i work in construction though so i guess if you're an it troll that hasn't seen the sun in 38 years your life experience might be different.

i hate razor blades because fuckin painters leave them all over everything and they get rained on and rust and stain so no i don't carry a razor blade instead of a knife

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
There are probably two or three times a week where having a pocket knife would be mildly handy. But then I remember that I have keys. Keys are like natures tiny saws.

Ahhhh! when I was really little I woke up in the living room and the uncut version of this was playing on Chiller Theater. The one where it chops up the Gyaos bird monster and cuts of Gamera's arm and green blood is hosing the landscape. I was screaming because I thought it was on the news, and my mom ran in saying "It's not real". That freaked me out more because clearly she was lying since I could see it happening right there on TV. That goofy guy in a rubber suit still weirds me out a little to this day.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 5, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BigBadSteve posted:

Since carrying knives became illegal where I live in Australia, I only pack a 1 inch blade on my keyring.

It does not represent my penis size.

I'm hoping that if I'm ever arrested the cops will ignore it, and that if I do get busted the judge will laugh it out of court.

It has a small number of very useful inbuilt items like scissors and nail clippers. How do guys who don't carry a knife handle broken nails, it must be jutht awful.

From crocodile dundee to this. Smdh

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i leave my pocket knife in my truck usually

so its more a truck knife than a pocket knife

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are called cargo shorts. hth

Do you actually wear cargo shorts stuffed full of crap

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I should really buy a pocket knife

Not to carry but this thread reminded me how stupid it is that I have a decent amount of tools but whenever I need to cut or whittle I end up using one of my kitchen knives

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

I should really buy a pocket knife

Not to carry but this thread reminded me how stupid it is that I have a decent amount of tools but whenever I need to cut or whittle I end up using one of my kitchen knives

get one of these they own and are cheap enough that it doesn't matter if you lose it or gently caress it up

https://www.amazon.com/Sanrenmu-7010LUC-SA-Pocket-Folding-Knife/dp/B00GMMPIK2

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still own this from when I was 14 or so, so its over 20 years old now. Still has no rust on it, but mine doesnt have the new cheap and crappy see through red plastic they use these days:

I take it camping with me but no way am I carrying it day to day because :britain:

It is useful as gently caress even just around the house though.

Even comes with a toothpick and tweezers so I can maintain my non-existant beauty regime in a tent.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I just strap a bigass sword to my back like Conan whenever I go out. I work in an office, but you would be surprised how often it comes in handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if you're comparing a two inch pocket knife to a sword you are straight retarded

• Locked thread