Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Case 1 was really, really long but it's probably the best first case in the series. I don't think they'll be able to top singalong time with Rockstar Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
The DLC menu is working correctly now, for anyone who was having troubles with it earlier.

Also about Case 1, Pees'lubn Andihstan'dhin suddenly breaking into Heavy Metal was amazing. I really need gifs of all his over the top guitar playing, and the way they changed his 'tone' was brilliant. But outside of all that, holy poo poo Khur'ain is hosed up, I have a feeling this games going to get pretty dark, even when compared to the last game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Case 1 was very fun, but I honestly enjoyed being able to examine everything again in Case 2 and get lots of character building little facts from Athena and Apollo's bickering.

Also in Case 2, that cliffhanger before the trial regarding the office legit makes me mad and pumped to take down the people responsible. And on the day after Mia's death too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I literally just started chapter 2 and I have to ask. Is Bonny a sprite? She... she has to be right?

Why is she a sprite

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I literally just started chapter 2 and I have to ask. Is Bonny a sprite? She... she has to be right?

Why is she a sprite

Bonny is a bunny

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So what the hell am I supposed to do in early case 2 after talking to Retinz? It says to give Trucy the noteook but she doesn't appear and everywhere else has nothing for me.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Marogareh posted:

So what the hell am I supposed to do in early case 2 after talking to Retinz? It says to give Trucy the noteook but she doesn't appear and everywhere else has nothing for me.

There's probably some junk in the dressing room or some other place you haven't clicked yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh god the Minister of Justice is Gumshoe in his first scene, before they had decided on "pal" and made him a 50's mobster, see?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
okay like, there's strong competition, but i think that pees'lubn andistan'dhin might actually be the best name in the whole series

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh man, as of the beginning of the trail of Case 2, I loving hate Sadmadhi with a passion I have not felt towards a prosecutor in this series since Von Karma. He's just so incredibly lovely to everyone. Poor Ema even started eating Snackoos again after dealing with him!

alcharagia posted:

okay like, there's strong competition, but i think that pees'lubn andistan'dhin might actually be the best name in the whole series

Agreed.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 9, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is there anything that's worth more
Than Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin on the planet Earth?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

Oh man, as of the beginning of the trail of Case 2, I loving hate Sadmadhi with a passion I have not felt towards a prosecutor in this series since Von Karma. He's just so incredibly lovely to everyone. Poor Ema even started eating Snackoos again after dealing with him!

Ema eating snackoos may be the most heartbroken expression I've seen in any of the Ace Attorney games. Like above and beyond verge of mental breakdown Adrian Andrews levels of bad times

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ok, I just started case 3, and I cannot loving believe they brought Maya back just so she could get arrested for murder within her first ten minutes of screentime.

Oh wait, I can totally believe that. God damnit, Ace Attorney.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Why do I find it funny when Edgeworth threatens Gumshoe with a cut salary, but unfair and sad when Sadmadhi does the same to Ema? ...Probably because Ema is more competent but still.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Why do I find it funny when Edgeworth threatens Gumshoe with a cut salary, but unfair and sad when Sadmadhi does the same to Ema? ...Probably because Ema is more competent but still.

Ema got poo poo on by life a lot harder than Gumshoe and just got her dream job.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Case 2: I can't believe Robert Downey Jr. is a TV Producer.

EDIT: THat stupid video where you need to pick what the shadow is near the end.. I get that it's the body, but you never see it on screen, so what the hell is it?

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 9, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I imported two-thirds of the original DS trilogy from Japan for God's sake, how the hell did this sneak up on me? Also... how is it the 10th game? There's the first three, Justice for All, Edgeworth spin-off, Dual Destinies, Layton crossover, and that one set in the past. Add in this latest, and you're still at nine.

Buying it regardless, mind. It is still an Ace Attorney game, whichever number it is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rangpur posted:

I imported two-thirds of the original DS trilogy from Japan for God's sake, how the hell did this sneak up on me? Also... how is it the 10th game? There's the first three, Justice for All, Edgeworth spin-off, Dual Destinies, Layton crossover, and that one set in the past. Add in this latest, and you're still at nine.

Buying it regardless, mind. It is still an Ace Attorney game, whichever number it is.

There were 2 edgeworth spin-offs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

AAI
AAI-2
Layton Vs AA
The holmes one

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm still on Case 1 because of work and school. :smith:

I think I'm close to the end, thlugh. Killer is on the stand and Allegro os playing.

Why is Gaspen so petty, holy poo poo. You're going to give the kid the death penalty just so you can humiliate a guy? That's von Karma levels of lovely.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 9, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's telling that Gaspen Payne could only be respected in a country where being a defense attorney is illegal. I'm pretty sure he's actually the shittiest prosecutor in the series, and not really in a compelling or fun way. He's just an awful person and I want Winston back.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waffleman_ posted:

It's telling that Gaspen Payne could only be respected in a country where being a defense attorney is illegal. I'm pretty sure he's actually the shittiest prosecutor in the series, and not really in a compelling or fun way. He's just an awful person and I want Winston back.

Case 1: He literally goaded you into unknowingly tying your fate to that of Ahlbi and then argued to the judge that the death sentence was far more appropriate than a standard prison sentence. Dude's a murderer and I want to never see his face again unless it's behind bars

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gaspen Payne in glittering gold is fitting because it makes him a polished turd.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, this part has me completely stumped.

Case 2, near the end. I'm trying to figure out what is the shadowy figure in the video. I thought it was the body, but it's not on the video. What are you supposed to select because I can not figure this out.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pimp walks up to you, flashes dollar bills.

"gently caress Wizards"

Leaves

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Phoenix in the Tiger DLC costume is the best thing. I'm just going to pretend this is what he actually wore to Khurai'n, and didn't bring any of his regular suits.

Also gently caress Gaspen Payne so much, he tried to get Phoenix executed for completely petty reasons.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Early case 1: Holy poo poo Gaspen Payne wants Phoenix loving dead

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be very slightly fair:

It's stated later that a lot of lawyers begged and pleaded for forgiveness after being convicted, so it sounds like he just genuinely wanted Phoenix humiliated.

It still means he was willing to get a child DIE to humiliate him though.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gaspen Payne is an even bigger shitbag this time around, what with trying to get Phoenix and a nine year old killed. I honestly thought he couldn't go lower than triggering Athena's PTSD in AA5

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't even read the spoiler tag before mine when I posted that, so I didn't realize I was saying the exact same thing.

Everyone please clearly case mark your spoiler tags with the case they're referring to!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I didn't like the first case a whole lot, mainly because of that long, long introduction and how contrived that setup was for the whole thing.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The intro was a little too long but the case was fun. I was annoyed that it took Phoenix so long to figure out how to open the box.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

legoman727 posted:

Okay, this part has me completely stumped.

Case 2, near the end. I'm trying to figure out what is the shadowy figure in the video. I thought it was the body, but it's not on the video. What are you supposed to select because I can not figure this out.

Holy hell someone please help. The one time consultation would be helpful...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

fronz posted:

The intro was a little too long but the case was fun. I was annoyed that it took Phoenix so long to figure out how to open the box.

I tried presenting the lyrics twice before I was actually able to, I wasn't a fan of that. Metal Jesus gimmick should probably have been more endearing to me, but coming off the last game it came off as "people liked Marlon, right? Let's do that guy again." except without anywhere near as good a character design.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

cloofish posted:

Ok after like 3 game overs I found what it is. The shadow is mr hat BUT you can't present him. Instead you present the shadow that rises up when Trucy enters.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

cloofish posted:

I ended up looking this up and holy hell the solution is un-intuitive. You have to present the first shadow that appears behind Bonny, the one of Mr. Hat. From there, it works itself out to the conclusion.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Case 1: Playing a song with the dialogue box sounds.... I'm just in awe

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

I tried presenting the lyrics twice before I was actually able to, I wasn't a fan of that. Metal Jesus gimmick should probably have been more endearing to me, but coming off the last game it came off as "people liked Marlon, right? Let's do that guy again." except without anywhere near as good a character design.

I feel like the whole court feels pretty AAPL-inspired. On the one hand there's the DC act dynamic, and I feel like the Divination Seances and reinterpreting the facts reminds me a lot of the AAPL bit with the parrot. (Pees'lubn reminded me of Bardly.)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
This head monk.... this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

legoman727 posted:

I ended up looking this up and holy hell the solution is un-intuitive. You have to present the first shadow that appears behind Bonny, the one of Mr. Hat. From there, it works itself out to the conclusion.

I dunno, man, I got that part right away myself. It seemed to make sense.