Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mine takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes depending on how bad traffic is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
About an hour and fifteen minutes.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
18.4 miles, at largely between 35-50 mph, with a 6 mile stretch of construction.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Less than 10 minutes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

15 minutes in the morning, 20 in the afternoon :smug:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

About 20 minutes and LOL at anyone dumb enough to work farther from home than that.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
5-15 minutes. I live 4 miles from work. I'm at work now. I'm so very excited.

I'm done with long commutes though. Previous to this, I commuted a minimum of 45 minutes and upu to 1.5 hours one way. If I can manage it, I will always live close to work. I'm sure some loving kid or wife or some poo poo will ruin all that though gently caress

Also I now ride a motorcycle to work so on top of no car payments anymore, my insurance is $200 a year, and my gas is $7 every two weeks.

(I still have no savings though)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
lol work, right haha

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

33 minutes, like the amount of time they had to prep for each hyperjump in the hugo award winning inaugural episode of Battlestar Galactica.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
I work out of my truck so like maybe 30 seconds. Im centrally located in town so I can get to any call within 10 minutes and still come home in between for poop breaks if I make extra time for myself.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
About 15 minutes.

I have done 1 hour 45 minutes though for over a year. Got through a lot of audio books.

Don't really mind commuting if the job pays well enough. It's a nice "me" time.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I walk to work because it's only like three miles and it'd be really lazy to drive rather than just walk for 35-40 minutes.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
About 45 minutes. Not the worst one I've had.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

1 hr by bus or 20 mins by tube.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
About 45 minutes, but only when the train actually works.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
20-30min i :love: it + free garaged parking

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
your mom is in my basement op so however long it takes for me to walk downstairs

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't have a commute. I'm a retard masturbater.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Germstore posted:

nice meltdown

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I live just under 1 mile from my office

eat poo poo you sleepy bitches who have to get up early to make it to work in time

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JakeP posted:

I live just under 1 mile from my office

eat poo poo you sleepy bitches who have to get up early to make it to work in time

lol i show up to late to work every day its a power move

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Smash it Smash hit posted:

same and i leave at 3

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

welfare to work

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JakeP posted:

same and i leave at 3

315 here :hf:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

A few minutes but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to take the train/subway/bus to work. I'm sure it would get old after a while.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Wamdoodle posted:

A few minutes but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to take the train/subway/bus to work. I'm sure it would get old after a while.

just piss on a sock and keep it in yoru car for the full effect!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

its horrible people are loving retarded

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
20 minutes by bike 25 minutes by bus on a dedicated bus lane and 30 minutes and climbing by car.

I just laugh and laugh when people bitch about it taking them 40 minutes by car or 1:15 by bus because they bought a house in some retarded suburb.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

4 minutes by car, like 8 on a bike

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
"Waah waah traffic is so horrid' *buys a house pretty much as far away from work as possible while staying within city limits" - a huge chunk of society, who are loving retards.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
45 minutes. I used to live 10 minutes away from work on foot but not anymore. I became a huge convert to audiobooks because of the longer commute, and now I don't mind it so much because the drive home lets me wind down a bit.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

"Waah waah traffic is so horrid' *buys a house pretty much as far away from work as possible while staying within city limits" - a huge chunk of society, who are loving retards.

Suburbs are loving dumb and I will always opt to live near my work whenever I can

why do people even like suburbs there's nothing close to you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

EvilJoven posted:

when traffic is moving slowly despite the road having 7 lanes in the same direction something is seriously wrong

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Wamdoodle posted:

The morning is fine but the way back....i want to kill everyone i look at. I dont know how society continues.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Suburbs are loving dumb and I will always opt to live near my work whenever I can

why do people even like suburbs there's nothing close to you

Because they're scared of anything that isn't white and middle class.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
25 miles or so. It's not like when I worked in Arlington VA where it took three hours to go 25 miles though. It's bumfuck nowhere 25 miles so like 25-30 minutes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

opus111 posted:

The morning is fine but the way back....i want to kill everyone i look at. I dont know how society continues.

the tube is uncomfortably hot in the afternoon they should do something about it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

just piss on a sock and keep it in yoru car for the full effect!

Oh poo poo, I'm gonna try this!

hemale in pain posted:

its horrible people are loving retarded

Probably because of the piss smell

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Jose posted:

the tube is uncomfortably hot in the afternoon they should do something about it

Im not sure what they can do, they tried putting a/c on the new victoria stock but it doesnt really work. Im interested in seeing how airflow on crossrail will work - surely with it being totally brand new they can do something with the tunnels to help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Germstore posted:

So you work from home?

• Locked thread