Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
on the invention page i suggested a car that turns into a helicopter wouldnt that help with commute? 40 minute drive? HAH try a 5 minute FLY! BRHHHHHGHHHHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

Because they're scared of anything that isn't white and middle class.

there's plenty of gentrifying downtown areas that will give them that same feeling, unless they are scared by the fact the poor neighborhoods would still be in biking distance

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

opus111 posted:

Im not sure what they can do, they tried putting a/c on the new victoria stock but it doesnt really work. Im interested in seeing how airflow on crossrail will work - surely with it being totally brand new they can do something with the tunnels to help?

they should stop cunts standing directly in front of the train window at least

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

self-driving cars would make commutes infinitely easier since your car would just talk to other cars and not cause dumb jams because people do stupid poo poo like tailgate and go at variable speeds and pass in the wrong lane or cut over too many lanes

so many traffic jams are caused by some retard tailgating its disgusting

orrr we just make trains go everywhere

choo choo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jose posted:

the tube is uncomfortably hot in the afternoon they should do something about it

Filthy yank checking in here. What is "the tube" I assume it's a quaint foreign expression.

"It's in your/yer mum's mouth" does not help

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Jose posted:

they should stop cunts standing directly in front of the train window at least

Asian tourists like to get on and immediafely close the window. In august.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i mean could yall imagine ?! helicopte car?! crazyyy

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Wamdoodle posted:

Filthy yank checking in here. What is "the tube" I assume it's a quaint foreign expression.

"It's in your/yer mum's mouth" does not help

The subway.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Smash it Smash hit posted:

on the invention page i suggested a car that turns into a helicopter wouldnt that help with commute? 40 minute drive? HAH try a 5 minute FLY! BRHHHHHGHHHHT

Good one Jerry Mumphrey!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

opus111 posted:

Asian tourists like to get on and immediafely close the window. In august.

if they're chinese then they're used to the air being poison so its just a trained habit

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Kuato posted:

Good one Jerry Mumphrey!

Thanks bb

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

about 30 feet from my bedroom to my office, with a stop in the kitchen to grab a coffee on the way so maybe 40 seconds total?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

opus111 posted:

The subway.

Thank you. drat. I can't imagine being stuck in there while it's hot with a bunch of other people in the same situation. How does one keep from going insane

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

mintskoal posted:

about 30 feet from my bedroom to my office, with a stop in the kitchen to grab a coffee on the way so maybe 40 seconds total?

hows the retard masturbation market nowadays?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
is it..... on the.. hehe... rise? ;D heeheheh

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

is it..... on the.. hehe... rise? ;D heeheheh

it's actually on the up and up

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

i mean could yall imagine ?! helicopte car?! crazyyy

but when helicoptercar technology becomes affordable every motherfucker will have one and the skies will be really crowded meaning fatal crashes all the time and people will long for the days of just driving a car on a road that is probably now not maintained at all since everybody has a helicoptercar now.

your invention has cost tens of thousands of lives you fool.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Wamdoodle posted:

Thank you. drat. I can't imagine being stuck in there while it's hot with a bunch of other people in the same situation. How does one keep from going insane

Blitz spirit fam

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZhQLhcB08

A few years ago it was hitting 45ish and the nhs had to station ambulances outside central line stations ready to cart off unconcious/freaking out tourists.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

by not living in london

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What is blitz spirit fam? Some kind of alcoholic beverage?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Between 1 hr and 1 hr 15 depending on traffic. My wife works at a nuclear power plant, which is of course in the middle of god drat nowhere. So we live at edge of god drat nowhere and I have to commute to somewhere.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
30 minutes to 2 hours depending on when I leave. Beats the 3 hours it'd take by public transportation.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

why do people crowd the doors before people have gotten off the train? EVERYTIME they do it and everytime they gotta move out of the way.. and the train isn't even busy enough for all the seats to be used.

i got a bike too so i gotta push people out of the way with the bike or they don't move. it's weird as hell.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Quote-Unquote posted:

but when helicoptercar technology becomes affordable every motherfucker will have one and the skies will be really crowded meaning fatal crashes all the time and people will long for the days of just driving a car on a road that is probably now not maintained at all since everybody has a helicoptercar now.

your invention has cost tens of thousands of lives you fool.

Good :getin:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That bike could have given space to two more commuters you selfish individual.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

18min bike
11min car

Depends on the weather.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
2 hours by train - a total of 4h/day, can't afford to live in the city :(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

2 minutes 45 seconds

if i hit all the light

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Suburbs are loving dumb and I will always opt to live near my work whenever I can

why do people even like suburbs there's nothing close to you

because you get paid a whole bunch to work in the city, and then save a ton of money not paying to live in the city

I live in and work in a suburb, but I am 10 or so miles from Boston, so its not like I am literally in the sticks like someone would be if they were like in a suburb of Columbus Ohio or Des Moines Iowa or something

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
7-15 minutes, except if there's a trafic jam...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Rond posted:

7-15 minutes, except if there's a trafic jam...

if only your car could turn into a helicopter... hm.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I live and work in a small city of 60000ish. So if I stop at McDonald's for breakfast my commute is about 12 minutes.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The distance from my house to my job is such that my commute works out to be the same wether cycling or driving with no traffic.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Beefeater posted:

I live and work in a small city of 60000ish. So if I stop at McDonald's for breakfast my commute is about 12 minutes.

so it takes you 12 mins to get to mcdonalds?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hemale in pain posted:

so it takes you 12 mins to get to mcdonalds?
making 10 egg mcmuffins takes time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the smell of mcdonalds breakfasts makes me feel ill

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

Currently doing work-from-home tech support, and my desk is right next to my bed, so...I dunno? 2 feet, maybe?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Jose posted:

la-dee-da

The_end
May 17, 2014
Mine takes less than three minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jose posted:

I remember having the steak sandwich and it smelt disgusting.

• Locked thread