Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ah yes, the brief ska era that lasted six months in 1997, few knew at the time that the mighty mighty bosstones were already in their 40s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have no idea what 311 is

yes you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUFSB2plwzM

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
so

Alice in Chains > Soundgarden > Pearl Jam > Stone Temple Pilots > Creed

...right?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

PinkoBastard posted:

so

Alice in Chains > Soundgarden > Pearl Jam > Stone Temple Pilots > Creed

...right?

id go:

Pearl Jam > Stone Temple Pilots > Alice in Chains > Soundgarden >>>>>>>>>>>> Creed

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
where does this thread stand on Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJ4O-nSveg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't recall ever hearing or seeing this :shrug: I know I would if I had because I'd have loathed it.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
AIC is the best, followed by Sound garden. I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan but they aren't the worst.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Oh right! They played a local fair a few years back. Good god, the 90s were terrible.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't recall ever hearing or seeing this :shrug: I know I would if I had because I'd have loathed it.

maybe this one then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9ZDaIrkU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How can a human enjoy Soundgarden?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I tried to search for anything on 311 in Finnish and the only thing I could find was a post on some forum in 2010 that was basically "Hey have you heard about this band called 311 it's really underappreciated?" and there were no replies.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Jerry Cotton posted:

do u live in the united states? how is that possible

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unironic post the only grunge bands that hold up are Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and Jane's Addiction if they count.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
in case anyone was confused the actual worst band ever is wicked wisdom, a metalcore band fronted by jada pinkett-smith

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

How can a human enjoy Soundgarden?

Fair and I want to be clear about the fact that regardless of how we rank them, all of these bands are loving terrible

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Was there a song by Hootie and the Blowfish that I would have heard on the radio at some point? I heard people making fun of them but the top results for them on youtube don't ring any bells. They do suck goat rear end, but not a familiar goat rear end of my youth.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

FactsAreUseless posted:

Unironic post the only grunge bands that hold up are Nirvana, Alice In Chains, and Jane's Addiction if they count.

I think Jane's was more L.A. club rock and yes i still love them

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

what are the good soundgarden songs

Like Suicide is a good one, you should give it a try

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait this is just the same song and video :confused:

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

do u live in the united states? how is that possible

No. It's not impossible: a lot of people live not in the United States in fact!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
like half of this entire forum lives in finland

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wulfolme posted:

Was there a song by Hootie and the Blowfish that I would have heard on the radio at some point? I heard people making fun of them but the top results for them on youtube don't ring any bells. They do suck goat rear end, but not a familiar goat rear end of my youth.

the one about dan marino and the miami dolphins

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grunge only lasted for like 6 years then people just started making crap and making it sound like crap so it sounded like poors bands. :shrug:

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Jerry Cotton posted:

No. It's not impossible: a lot of people live not in the United States in fact!

well, at least you're a dick about it

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

the great deceiver posted:

in case anyone was confused the actual worst band ever is wicked wisdom, a metalcore band fronted by jada pinkett-smith

yeah i heard one of their songs once and it was bruuutal, holy poo poo. i'm actually rofling just thinking about it again

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think in 2001 I was still listening to stuff like this

NSFW

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Jerameee hooooo heeeahhhh

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

James Addiction is another great grunge singer.

hoaw guys are good but pearl jam is proabbly better just for their body of work

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Quit remembering the awful poo poo 311 did after the year 2000 and remember the great poo poo 311 did before.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
311 is literall yhte wort bnd of all time

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

311 is literall yhte wort bnd of all time

Yeah it would seem so. Oh wait no UB40 exists.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

As for me, I enjoy the music of Candlebox.

aka creed's first draft

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
or wait was that bush

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

the singer sounds like he's passing a kidney stone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pearl jam is very lame but for some reason eddy vedder is considered sexy. sound garden in amazing and kim thayil's dick is dry.

no justice

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tricky D posted:

Quit remembering the awful poo poo 311 did after the year 2000 and remember the great poo poo 311 did before.

oh did they commit mass suicide before y2k

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

the great deceiver posted:

they did lead to will smith randomly popping up in the audience at ozzfest so there's that i guess

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

William F Cuckley posted:

or wait was that bush

no, bush was really bad wannabe nirvana from the uk.

of all the bands that popped up post-nirvana, none were so clearly just trying to be nirvana as hard as bush was. silverchair came sorta close though.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
yeah i forget whether they were the record labels attempt at making a nirvana knockoff or a pearl jam knockoff

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

William F Cuckley posted:

yeah i forget whether they were the record labels attempt at making a nirvana knockoff or a pearl jam knockoff

Michael Bolton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wulfolme posted:

hootie and the blowfish were loving gigantic. i only want to be with you, time and hold my hand all received ridiculous amounts of airplay on the 'classic rock' station in my area, which played current adult alternative hits as well as classic rock back then, to the degree that any time i went anywhere with my dad i could count on hearing at least one hootie song.

• Locked thread