Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Probably very, considering the era, the SNL culture, and all that.

I'm friends with a guy who used to be a session/touring musician, played in a few ska bands, almost became a hired gun trumpeter for Toto's tour a few years ago, etc. (He's an EMT/oilfield medic now.) He's met various crew involved in that video, and ALL of them will tell you the only people Simon and Chase were decent to, were themselves. But not necessarily each other.

Happy upbeat video, starring nasty rear end in a top hat people. The magic of showbiz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Just put it on the Underhill's bill.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Chevy Chase was one of my least favorite parts of Fallout 3.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

How come he gets the hard 'ch' on Chevy but the car is 'sh'

in french ch is pronounced as sh (louis chevrolet)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

alienate the comedy legend

Every time I think Mind the Walrus can't be more wrong, I get schooled

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Agent Escalus posted:

Probably very, considering the era, the SNL culture, and all that.

I'm friends with a guy who used to be a session/touring musician, played in a few ska bands, almost became a hired gun trumpeter for Toto's tour a few years ago, etc. (He's an EMT/oilfield medic now.) He's met various crew involved in that video, and ALL of them will tell you the only people Simon and Chase were decent to, were themselves. But not necessarily each other.

Happy upbeat video, starring nasty rear end in a top hat people. The magic of showbiz!

I guess I didn't realize Paul Simon was such a dick. That's too bad, Graceland has been one of my favorite albums since I was a kid and my dad would play it all the time. Plus that is my favorite music vid ever :(

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Agent Escalus posted:

yeah I have run into people who worked with or knew Paul Simon and everyone says he's a huge dick, which is kind of funny considering how gentle and soft so much of his music is. however Garfunkle is supposedly actually very nice and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Art is openly bashing Paul these days; a Google search gives lots of headlines. Calls him a monster with a Napoleon complex, even

• Locked thread