Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

(points, yo)

lmao is this for real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i already segregate stuff between browsers for various Job Reasons so i might as well log in with a microsoft account edge when i do work searches

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i don't go out of my way to grind rewards points, i have a real job. it's basically an occasional $5 apology from microsoft

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

GameCube posted:

i tried to use edge yesterday and every time i opened a new tab and started typing a url it would delete my url halfway through typing because it had just finished loading the new tab page. so i stopped trying to use edge. until next time, see ya

This has been an ie "feature" since forever, glad to see it lives on

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

GameCube posted:

i tried to use edge yesterday and every time i opened a new tab and started typing a url it would delete my url halfway through typing because it had just finished loading the new tab page. so i stopped trying to use edge. until next time, see ya

haha, glad to see i'm not the only one. what a piece of poo poo

also when IE/Edge opens it just kind of freezes for a few seconds while it's trying to load the homepage. love a browser that forces me to sit and watch while others can just start typing after a few milliseconds.

does anyone at microsoft ever actually test the software?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

no, they fired all the testers and qc. middle management/SMEs had to take over and, well,

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

does it have adblock yet? what about noscript

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yes to adblock, lol to noscript

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it has adblock plus i.e. the adblocker that has a preconfigured whitelist of ads

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

GameCube posted:

somethings wrong w/ ur comp.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

somethings wrong w/ ur comp.

yeah, its running gnu/windows

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
if it ever becomes necessary to support Edge over standard-compliant browsers, Microsoft has burned ten million man hours

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

seeing how it is fewer clicks to install adblock in edge than to install chrome *and* install adblock in chrome there is literally no reason to not run edge on w10 for that reason alone

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah, you should definitely use an adblocker that not only doens't block ads but makes you vote on which ads you like

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I wouldn't recommend that, but luckily edge has both adblock and adblock plus, neither of which fail to block ads or make you vote on them.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shaggar posted:

I wouldn't recommend that, but luckily edge has both adblock and adblock plus, neither of which fail to block ads or make you vote on them.

i've got bad news: https://adblockplus.org/blog/new-acceptable-ads-platform-launches-bringing-feedback-to-rtb-and-help-to-small-websites

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

skipping the acceptable ads thing is precisely one more click, so you come out ahead anyway

i rather like the acceptable ads program though, it would be neat if ad blockers could be a bit of a force punishing really annoying ads to a greater extent than ads in general. likely a lot of aspects to that thought i haven't thought through well enough however

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I too want ad blockers that don't block ads

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

our antivirus software isn't poo poo, it just lets certain pre-approved viruses infect your computer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm edging here!

No really, yard work sucks

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm edging here!

No really, yard work sucks

It sucks, but once you have completed it, it really gives you the sense of achievement. Nothing like a well maintained lawn with the whipper snipper (weed whacker, whatever) around the edges

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

You Am I posted:

whipper snipper

the gently caress

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

You Am I posted:

whipper snipper

what the gently caress lmao

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Triggered.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

you can opt in to that if you want but you don't have to.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

You Am I posted:

whipper snipper

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hehe

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what did cold on a cob change his name to?

Apr 7, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

what did cold on a cob change his name to?

He died. :rip:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shaggar posted:

you can opt in to that if you want but you don't have to.

not yet

either way you still have to opt out of the whitelist

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no you don't.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
I get reports from users about how this one particular thing doesn't work with Edge, every couple of weeks there's some dick whining, and my awesome job privilege is to tell them that we don't support Edge, and to use Chrome or Firefox or Safari, all of which work great.

Edge is 6% of our users right now.

Do you think Edge can wedge itself back into our loving support queue? because jesus christ if it does

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
failfox slowfari and chome are all terrible and I hate having to support them. they cant even do dates right.

Queen of Beans
Jun 15, 2007
itt: people who like edge because they didnt live through the browser wars and so they dont know what awful poo poo microsoft is about to try to do to the internet

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what awful poo poo are they going to do?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

graph posted:

the gently caress

Glans Dillzig posted:

what the gently caress lmao

Fuk u lot

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?q=whipper%20snipper

:colbert:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Duscat posted:

I get reports from users about how this one particular thing doesn't work with Edge, every couple of weeks there's some dick whining, and my awesome job privilege is to tell them that we don't support Edge, and to use Chrome or Firefox or Safari, all of which work great.

Edge is 6% of our users right now.

Do you think Edge can wedge itself back into our loving support queue? because jesus christ if it does

this could be the most tragic post, trying to deal with an obviously horrible job by trying to find a feeling of power in telling people that you are actually powerless to do something that was likely largely irrelevant to them anyway

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobofood posted:

itt: people who like edge because they didnt live through the browser wars and so they dont know what awful poo poo microsoft is about to try to do to the internet

the browser wars was mostly autistic children promoting bad web "development" and they created the lovely web we have today. Microsoft tried to save us from this horrible future we're in.

Apr 7, 2003

Lol "Bunnings"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I tried using Edge because Chrome and FF are both resource hogs and Edge is supposed to be better

but it doesn't seem finished to me. Webm support isn't great, extensions won't work in private browsing mode, and I use FF's multi-search-engine all-purpose search-box thing so often that I really could not adjust to living without it. I'll circle back around to Edge in a year and see if it feels like a finished product by then.

• Locked thread