Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I don't know what's worse, the folks who got triggered or the cosplayers looking like edgelords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

youve gotta have balls of loving steel to wear a 9/11 costume as a brown dude in the south

I think they're both just very weird and tasteless

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I think 9/11 was good. It killed many americans and has inspired countless works of art like this

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
George Bush, chuckling at OP: "Heh Heh, I remember that!"

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A second photo of the DragonCon 9/11ers has surfaced, this time they're wearing Trump hats

Those hats say this

Rambling Robot posted:

well, i'm sure something went down.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

9/11 costumes are old news. There's been a million people wearing lovely 9/11 costumes. They're played out.

MH370 costumes, on the other hand, are fresh and new

ya 9/11 costumes are old and corny now

an au courant and actually transgressive costume would be something related to Black Lives Matter and I look forward to seeing Twitter poo poo its pants over those in a few weeks

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

A week ago someone posted a picture of their kid dressed up as a famously drug addicted footballer and the costume included fake cocaine. The outrage over this became a major Australian news event covered by all networks for multiple days. On the third day of coverage facebook delivered a picture of someone else's kid blackfaced up in a costume of a black footballer. This breathed enough new life into the offensive football costumes story that it managed to last a week of prime time coverage.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I think that Winter Soldier in the back just edges it out

Blubber is far more efficient for handling the winter's cold than a vest

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Honestly I'm just surprised a man convinced a woman to actually do this

Almos all women see themselves more highly than this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
with how greasy they both are the sex must be amazing and the sheets must be a war crime

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
ohj man if i was there iw ould own those noobs so hard i would be all like " 9/11 joke? heh the early two thousands called dip poo poo, they want their edginess back" and then i would drop some hard truths on them (not the 9/11 kind)

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
"Adolf Hotler" cosplay.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moon Atari posted:

A week ago someone posted a picture of their kid dressed up as a famously drug addicted footballer and the costume included fake cocaine. The outrage over this became a major Australian news event covered by all networks for multiple days. On the third day of coverage facebook delivered a picture of someone else's kid blackfaced up in a costume of a black footballer. This breathed enough new life into the offensive football costumes story that it managed to last a week of prime time coverage.

Australians loving love to black up for fancy dress costumes, almost as much as they love to act shocked and indignant when they get called out for rockin' the blackface. There's at least 5 or 6 articles about it every year which always features some gap-toothed bogan insisting that they never realised it would offend anyone.

The funniest part of the latest incident was the mother who painted her kid with shoe polish absolutely insisting their only intention was to honour the kid's favourite sportsman and the sportsman himself coming out and going "Nah that's pretty racist actually."

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

KennyLoggins posted:

Those hats say this

Whew, untriggered.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I wish the police would just turn a blind eye to assholes getting beat in public, a lot of these people have just never had a proper rear end kicking to keep them in line.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Internaut! posted:

ya 9/11 costumes are old and corny now

an au courant and actually transgressive costume would be something related to Black Lives Matter and I look forward to seeing Twitter poo poo its pants over those in a few weeks

hell yeah a guy in blackface with a noose around his neck that would really be something something

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah pretty much guaranteed. Remember all the Trayvon Martin Halloween costumes in 2012 and the Boston Marathon Bombing Victim costumes in 2013.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Im surprised they werent attacked

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Im surprised they werent attacked

They were at a geek convention.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

By a bus driver on the way or something

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I guess crackers really don't care then. They are probably all Confederate sympathizer traitors anyways.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Serious Frolicking posted:

with how greasy they both are the sex must be amazing and the sheets must be a war crime

BP has lawyers on staff to avoid paying for the clean up

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

KennyLoggins posted:

Those hats say this

Fishcenter appears to be some adult swim show.

notZaar posted:

I wish the police would just turn a blind eye to assholes getting beat in public, a lot of these people have just never had a proper rear end kicking to keep them in line.

It would be a waste of time to beat someone over dumb costumes that are just trying to get a rise out of people.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
one time when coast to coast was playing in the background i heard a nerd call in and say "I have evidence the illuminati did 9/11" and then hung up the phone after the first sentence directed towards him.

:awesome:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
a goon who don't think 9/11 joke is funny, a shameful goon.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

youve gotta have balls of loving steel to wear a 9/11 costume as a brown dude in the south

finally, having been exposed to the sun, the white man receives his due and is identified as a mexican

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Germstore posted:

a goon who don't think 9/11 joke is funny, a shameful goon.

They really needed a saxophone player following them around the con playing Yakety Sax

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 7, 2016

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

sinking belle posted:

Ahh... Triggered lol :D Hell, "triggered" its good as fuckk and great to type.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

They really needed a saxophone player following them around the con playing Yakety Sax

nice edit.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Two people wore costumes specifically to make people angry? Wow, I can't wait to get on social media and share how angry I am. Maybe some of my friends will be angry as well. I am not an idiot.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
those 2 costumes are more artful than anything in that entire convention

honk honk

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Teikanmi posted:

Honestly I'm just surprised a man convinced a woman to actually do this

Almos all women see themselves more highly than this

Must have a dead womb.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm a 9/11 truther

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

hahahahaha how is being mad even real haha just don't be mad like just don't haha

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Germstore posted:

hahahahaha how is being mad even real haha just don't be mad like just don't haha

if you wish to be happy, be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Smash it Smash hit posted:

if you wish to be happy, stop being.

nonexistence is the answer to all of life's problems

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Who, actually, cares here exactly

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Parts Kit posted:

"Adolf Hotler" cosplay.

Want to go as an oven for Halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
next dragon con i'm gonna wear not ONE trade center with my partner, but wear FOUR world trade centers

that way people will see "oh haha, there werent 4 wtcs. thats funny!" and not be offended

• Locked thread