Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Roasts seem weird to me. Like, how often do these people actually know each other?

I mean, what relation do Anne Coulter and Jimmy Carr have to Rob Lowe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw a run down on the burns against her and jesus loving brutal christ how is she not dead.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i have a source that says you are a turd eater. checks out

Fuckkkk pissss

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Red Suit posted:

Fuckkkk pissss

this is you *immitates someone eating a bowl of poop*

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Political jokes date the gently caress out of whatever they're involved in so therefore they are poop.

Now poop jokes. Those are timeless.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"This is not the roast of pete davidson's father.That was in 2001."

:drat:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cuck cuck im gay posted:

“I’m honored to share this stage with a patriot, Rob Riggle, thank you for your service. You were a Marine for over 20 years, you’ve seen things no man should have seen, including ‘The Daily Show’ with Trevor Noah.”

decent

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

Whorelord posted:

I mean, what relation do Anne Coulter and Jimmy Carr have to Rob Lowe?

Jimmy Carr is a thing in the US now?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Shin00bie posted:

Jimmy Carr is a thing in the US now?

yeah people drive jimmy cars all over the place

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

cuck cuck im gay posted:

I didn't see Mike Pence there

Sorry I meant that big toothy comedian guy.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Red Suit posted:

I heard the jokes have to be approved by the person getting joked on. I have no source to confirm, sadly. That would certainly take the punch away from them though.

The roasted gives them a list that's absolutely off bounds and everything else is fair game

Source: I remember that the thing that trump didn't want any jokes about was how much of a massive liar he was wrt how much money he has

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
jewel's boobs in that vid are the jimmy carr of boobs

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i once almost got in a fist fight with jewels current boyfriend

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Her jokes were terrible but she also suffers from having the most annoying voice in the world. Seriously what accent is that even supposed to be?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

god drat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Her jokes were terrible but she also suffers from having the most annoying voice in the world. Seriously what accent is that even supposed to be?

from Hell

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
those are some really worn out jokes

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I was trying to roast Ann Coulter last night but I couldn't keep it up with Bill Maher's smirking mug right in my face.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Gazpacho posted:

those are some really worn out jokes

It is a roast. If you are expecting funny cutting edge jokes you will be disappointed. I only paid attention because of how much I hate Ann Coulter.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

yeah people drive jimmy cars all over the place

In that case I hope he didn't oh-fender.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't get the "roasts" because probably a good 80% of the "roasting" is on the other people there that aren't the subject of the roast, and then the last few minutes are "and oh by the way this guy's a total fucker too lol".

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah I never really got that either

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Her jokes are alright

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Fried Watermelon posted:

Glad all of her joke punchlines were political and only work if you already think Obama, Hillary, and Democrats are a good joke by themselves.

I'm confused why she was even there.
Because a bitch got books to sell

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
as far as i can tell when a group of comedians get together they just riff on each other constantly so at some point one of them was probably like "hey let's make this into a show" and then you get roasts.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Yes she was terrible. Who gives a poo poo?

Attacking somebody like Ann Coulter is not remotely edgy or brave or "necessary". We get it; you are morally outraged by the woman. Every sick burn by other comedians on her consisted of the same punchline: she is a racist. Wow! Racism is bad?? I did not know that until this brave resistance started getting vocal about it the last few years, I tell ya.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Secular Humanist posted:

Attacking somebody like Ann Coulter is not remotely edgy or brave or "necessary". We get it; you are morally outraged by the woman. Every sick burn by other comedians on her consisted of the same punchline: she is a racist. Wow! Racism is bad?? I did not know that until this brave resistance started getting vocal about it the last few years, I tell ya.

My roast on Secular Humanist :

Heh nice meltdown.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Secular Humanist posted:

Uh you'd have a point if she weren't very well liked by an extremely large number of people and she weren't very famous making millions from her books. How do you not get this

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

quote:

Scott was last seen running up the stairs of the Marriott World Trade Center Hotel, just prior to its collapse. Davidson, who was eight years old at the time, was profoundly affected by the loss. He told The New York Times, "It was overwhelming", and would often act out in school as a result of the trauma, at one point ripping his hair out until he was bald

Bringing that up is a deep, psychological ownage the likes of which I'll never achieve. Semper Fi.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Business Gorillas posted:

The roasted gives them a list that's absolutely off bounds and everything else is fair game

Source: I remember that the thing that trump didn't want any jokes about was how much of a massive liar he was wrt how much money he has

During the Shatner roast the only thing off limits were jokes about his wife (who had drowned like a month or two before). Typically the boundaries are "dude that's really over the line, not cool" stuff like that, but Trump was an extra whiny bitch (or shrewd negotiator) and got a lot of kids-gloves poo poo banned.

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

jewel's boobs in that vid are the jimmy carr of boobs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

this is you *immitates someone eating a bowl of poop*

I laughed harder at this post than at any of the jokes from the roast thing

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Why the gently caress is Jimmy Carr there?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Blistex posted:

During the Shatner roast the only thing off limits were jokes about his wife (who had drowned like a month or two before). Typically the boundaries are "dude that's really over the line, not cool" stuff like that, but Trump was an extra whiny bitch (or shrewd negotiator) and got a lot of kids-gloves poo poo banned.

:chanpop:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

I laughed harder at this post than at any of the jokes from the roast thing

You might be a little too young to know who those people were on the stage.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

all sorts of valid points were raised in this thread.. but my fellow goons, I lay unto you a simple, yet fair-minded, question. would you pork ann coulter y/n?

looking forward to your prompt replies

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You might be a little too young to know who those people were on the stage.

tbh I was so busy fuckin your mom I never had time to watch entertainment tonight

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

roasts are about building a winning democratic coalition between rich white people and their chromatically-enhanced servants, and i would say tha t this roast of robe lowe was a success that i did not watch.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Paranoid Peanut posted:

all sorts of valid points were raised in this thread.. but my fellow goons, I lay unto you a simple, yet fair-minded, question. would you pork ann coulter y/n?

You know that one dude's avatar that's a duck hollering about liberals? That's what her pillow talk is like.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

You know that one dude's avatar that's a duck hollering about liberals? That's what her pillow talk is like.

wow please dont be so erotic some of us still have things to do today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

cuck cuck im gay posted:

I found a transcript of her actual jokes but try to find a vid if you can

“As a right-wing hatemonger, it’s fantastic to be at a big Hollywood shindig with all these glittering celebrities, that isn’t a fundraiser for Obama!”
“David [Spade] is the perfect roast-master for the show. He’s successful enough that everyone knows who he is, but not so successful that he makes us feel threatened. He’s like the Mike Pence of comedy.”
“If I could get just one person here to vote for Trump, it would be you, Ralph [Macchio]. People would be so surprised. I’d go up and say, ‘I got Ralph Macchio, he’s voting for Donald Trump.’ And they’d say, ‘Oh what a shock! Ralph is still alive???’ Just kidding, you look totally fantastic, it’s unbelievable, Ralph. Can you believe this guy is like 54? He looks incredible. Whatever you’ve been drinking, you’ve gotta send a few cases to Hillary.”
“I’m honored to share this stage with a patriot, Rob Riggle, thank you for your service. You were a Marine for over 20 years, you’ve seen things no man should have seen, including ‘The Daily Show’ with Trevor Noah.”
“Peyton Manning, I applaud your conservative convictions, I know you’re a big supporter of Jeb Bush. That’s a political contribution that will pay handsomely. Jeb got four delegates, which makes me laugh harder than any of the jokes tonight.”
“I’m a big fan of Rob Lowe’s work, especially of course the taped threesome. To this day that remains the most authentic performance I have ever seen at a Democratic National Convention.”

I'm reading these roasts and they're making me do a very long, drawn out and strained "heh" that comes mostly thru my teeth.

• Locked thread