Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Edit nvm.

honda whisperer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I have no problem with being recorded.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

You can put words in my mouth any time you want, guy. I'm not sure there's any expectation of privacy in gooncar.

Where's the racing tomorrow? If I can make it, I'll stream and make sure not to interrupt anyone's good time.

It's a New Hampshire double feature, road then oval with a reverse grid between the two. I'm pretty sure you have to be in the first to be in the other one though, Vando probably can explain it.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Same time as usual, right? I didn't see it on the schedule (probably since it's a tournament).

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
You have to go to hosted sessions I think, I'm at the gym at the moment so can't really check

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's under hosted. The session looks like it goes up at XX:10 of whatever hour you usually gooncar.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
So the procedure is:

There's a tournament session up that will appear at the bottom of your Hosted Sessions (not League Sessions) page if you're listed on the grid (everyone who scored points this season is listed on the grid).

If you're not listed, let me know either here or in Mumble with your iRacing name and I can add you.

Race 1 (road race) has 20 min practice followed by the race, with the grid being in reverse championship order.

Race 2 (oval) will have 10 min warmup followed by the race, with the grid being in reverse order of the race 1 results.

If you've not run in the championship before, you'll be added to the rear of the grid for Race 1.

If you retire/miss the start of Race 1, you'll go to the back of the grid for Race 2.

Vando fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 11, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

God damnit stopped for food and missed race 1.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I had to work. Sucks to be me. I'll be in next week though.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh

0 incidents my fuckin rear end server!!!

OhsH fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 12, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

gooncar was good car yet again.. NH is good but once you lose the draft you lose out pretty hard.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

OhsH posted:

aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh

0 incidents my fuckin rear end server!!!

Yeah, I know for a fact your rear end had plenty of fuckin incidents.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Here's some gooncar action. Due to how I had to set things up to record hitman, it caused my iracing recording to be shifted over I guess so there's a black bar on the left. Oh well. The Oval race is probably more interesting than the road race since I screwed up the start of the road race and didn't spend much time next to other people. The oval race is obviously filled with carnage and gooncar.

Oval:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Z7NNgXHpk

Road:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WoUhSmFuQo

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
No wonder ManicJason hasn't done a video for a while, it's a pain in the rear end to chop up segments and get them to cooperate.

Last six laps of the destruction derby New Hampshire oval race (in 1080p60 that isn't super choppy like last season's videos :woop:
)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rl3VZQdq04

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 12, 2016

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

At 17:36 on the oval video, whoever was pacing on the outside line kicked up some rubber and it hit Coja's car. You can hear the debris rattle and even see a bit in the air. That's kind of cool!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

CaseFace McGee posted:

No wonder ManicJason hasn't done a video for a while, it's a pain in the rear end to chop up segments and get them to cooperate.

Last six laps of the destruction derby New Hampshire oval race (in 1080p60 that isn't super choppy like last season's videos :woop:
)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rl3VZQdq04

I'm still salty as hell at getting jack poo poo in terms of results from both races, but drat if the racing wasn't good when it was happening.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm pissed I missed out, looked like a lot of fun and better than usual racing. It's probably just a coincidence I wasn't there. :raise:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oval side was mostly pace laps and then chaos followed by more pace laps.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I cut down the oval race to remove pace laps and it was 20 minutes long.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I like to spend my caution time second-guessing myself repeatedly about strategy. The laps just fly past!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

If I can make it, I'll stream and make sure not to interrupt anyone's good time.

There's jokes about you, sure, but you're probably better than a bunch of us and less likely to gently caress up and ruin a race for somebody than say, me. I think most of us Friday were more surprised you showed up (post qualifying, it was a bit of a surprise last minute) and didn't know what to do with ourselves.

The clock for you has now been reset for a month. Now, you can once again make suggestions for gooncar and complain without somebody bitching at you for never showing up. :v:

Get on mumble and talk poo poo back.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The video is still uploading but I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e32sYAzmrFU

Is this the surprise? You can go three wide here but good luck.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Whelp, I've become competent enough that incompetence is starting to send me into blind rages. gently caress you swerving pace lap rear end in a top hat. I shouldn't have to lose the pack before the race starts because you can't keep to your loving lane, let alone keep control of your car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Have you tried protesting?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Loudly into my mic. Otherwise, no.
And I'm not sure I would for fake races, but goddamn I'm getting close to pressing that button. So far I've only used it once, for somebody going on a misogynist rant.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I've tried both sides of that coin. First, not protesting because it wouldn't do anything. Then, protesting because even if it does nothing I want this on your record in case they'll take action on cumulative reports. I'm back to just not protesting. It is so hard to prove negative intent that I don't think protesting has much effect. Even if I ram you at 160mph under caution, whoops sorry my monitor went black or my cat jumped in my lap or my brake spring broke. Million excuses.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The big iRacing secret seems to have been uncovered by a few people.

It's an Audi Quattro GTO. For some reason.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

njsykora posted:

Holy fuuuuuuuuuck. I'm all for IMSA replacing GT3.

Edit: Seems legit to me and a reverse GIS doesn't peg those as Forza screenshots or anything.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 13, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like that is the secret. They are also "working on it" in regards to LMP1. They are going to be at COTA this week for the Lone Star Le Mans. Probably talking to teams to see who they can get a license from.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Ahhh yes, just ran my first Skippy race in probably 18 months, and was reminded why everyone loves it. It's easy. Not easy like the car is easy to drive fast, just easy like... hey, you guys keep wrecking out, by all means.

I wrecked on lap 1, crab walked it home for my fast repair, rejoined in last place, then drove 24 more unspectacular laps on my way to a 4th place finish. Cool, free* iRating.

* - Offer not valid in top split or SOF races against capable opponents, see website for details.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I gotta work on getting some road racing in, the Mazda is just so angry when you shift weight.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

njsykora posted:

It looks pretty enough, but if that's all it is, my overriding feeling on this is :geno:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

e. Special-reveal talk spoilered below

It would be nice to have a 4wd Audi ready for release of dirt though, I see some possibilities. Also I dig the looks of cars from that era a lot, if it gets some company it might make a nice change of pace from gt3. Tbh i have no clue what the driving is like in these cars, are they like group 5s with very minimal electronic assistance and a lot of raw power?

Old Binsby fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 13, 2016

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Spoiler tags bro, some people like waiting for the big reveal.

I'm looking forward to more details in a few hours, this could be pretty cool if they can expand the scope next year.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

CaseFace McGee posted:

Spoiler tags bro, some people like waiting for the big reveal.

I'm looking forward to more details in a few hours, this could be pretty cool if they can expand the scope next year.

doh, sorry about that. Spoilered it. Hope I didn't ruin your surprise.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GTO cars that I've seen are basically Group 5 on steroids. I think the group 5 BMW was 500bhp or so, whereas the Audi GTO is over 700bhp. Huge engines, huge turbos, huge turbo lag. I recommend trying the RaceRoom versions of the cars if you want an idea of how they drive.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Old Binsby posted:

doh, sorry about that. Spoilered it. Hope I didn't ruin your surprise.

No worries, Empty Box took care of that on Twitter yesterday.

Content: here is the link to the live stream, which is scheduled to start in just over two hours from this post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Wx7Tj--Ws

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I hope it turns out that this is just part of the announcement and there's more cool stuff coming on the back of it.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

njsykora posted:

GTO cars that I've seen are basically Group 5 on steroids. I think the group 5 BMW was 500bhp or so, whereas the Audi GTO is over 700bhp. Huge engines, huge turbos, huge turbo lag. I recommend trying the RaceRoom versions of the cars if you want an idea of how they drive.

That says to me 'completely impossible to drive in any way' so likely to be the road equivalent of Sprint Cars where everyone thinks it is cool that they exist but nobody races them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Helicon One posted:

That says to me 'completely impossible to drive in any way' so likely to be the road equivalent of Sprint Cars where everyone thinks it is cool that they exist but nobody races them.
After watching this wonderfully camp 80s video I have a feeling you're correct: https://youtu.be/jkeVY6N4T0w

although it's probably not as bad as the Sprint Cars, more like the super V8s