Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Rated PG-34 posted:

Resubscribed now that there's vive support. iRacing sure does take forever to load.

Wait 'till you try the Nordschleife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Yesssssssssss more H patter carssssss.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MisterZimbu posted:

Wait 'till you try the Nordschleife.

Seriously, even on a SSD it takes for-loving-ever.

Already bought the Audi but will probably buy the Nissan with my S4 funbux. Really wish they'd finish Long Beach since it'd be very appropriate for this Kamel series.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Kamel GT schedule is up:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Just join any oval race with cautions, you'll be side by side before you know it. The skill absolutely translates to the road side. Everything else you need to be in road sessions, but to fast track your ability to drive in a crowd, just use oval races.

Probably not a bad suggestion. I'll throw in a few ovals as I'm trying to do BES Sprint and Skippy this season.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I wish I was still playing iRacing. That's a cool schedule and those seem like cool cars.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Overwined posted:

I wish I was still playing iRacing. That's a cool schedule and those seem like cool cars.

Maybe you should play then :colbert:

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Helicon One posted:

Maybe you should play then :colbert:

Someday soon, I hope.

But seriously, Mosport, Summit Point, and Road Atlanta are in my top 5 fave tracks. I've heard Mid-Ohio is good, but I've never run it. I also have a love/hate relationship with Laguna Seca.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Anybody doing Petit Le Mans this weekend? I can do a GT3 stint or two.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Me, I want to!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'm gonna give the Kamel GT a shot. I enjoy that Audi too much not to. Choo Choo.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 19, 2016

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The most likely car looks to be the Merc from Discord chat. Petit Le Mans is 10 hours long, so I can run any race and take stint times in the afternoon.

Spreadsheet for 9 AM EDT Saturday race: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1nYY9l0O10izzEWBQWvEpkN2tEGS0faycxaQFfp-QE/edit#gid=523600649

Everyone should have edit options to create duplicate sheets for other stints.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Overwined posted:

Someday soon, I hope.

But seriously, Mosport, Summit Point, and Road Atlanta are in my top 5 fave tracks. I've heard Mid-Ohio is good, but I've never run it. I also have a love/hate relationship with Laguna Seca.

Mid ohio is amazing but also my closest road course irl so my opinion is biased. Having midoh is what attracted me to iracing in the first place.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

You're not wrong, Mid-Ohio rules.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I can't imagine a legitimately fast car at Summit Point, that track is so narrow.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Wow another radical and cool car and releasing it without the usual 504 gateway errors?? They're on a roll, making me feel bad to spend a long weekend out of town. Hope there's a part three that gets mentioned tomorrow

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lord Crapulus posted:

I can't imagine a legitimately fast car at Summit Point, that track is so narrow.

Turn 3 in an 80s prototype sounds like the most terrifying thing ever. Its scary enough in an MX-5.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Eyud posted:

Me, I want to!

Me too!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

njsykora posted:

Turn 3 in an 80s prototype sounds like the most terrifying thing ever. Its scary enough in an MX-5.

It also has 80s ground effect so it's less terrifying than you'd imagine, to be fair

lordmaf
Jul 23, 2007

Minto Took posted:

Anybody doing Petit Le Mans this weekend? I can do a GT3 stint or two.

if anyone is running an Audi or McLaren I'd be up for that.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The new nissan is extremely fun to drive and way easier than the audi 90.

Edit: I like to take every new car I get on lime rock for fun. Every time I go up the hill and get air I laugh at how fun that is.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 20, 2016

General RAARGH
Jan 24, 2003

armchair general

quote:

20% off - 40+ Piece Club
PR40PIECECLUB - Purchase any 40 pieces of paid content (cars or tracks) and receive a 20% discount from that point forward. In other words, once you own any 40 pieces of content, every content purchase after that is automatically discounted by 20% 1 $0.00 $-7.77

Oh gawd, I've finally reached "that point" with my iRacing spending :(

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

General RAARGH posted:

Next is the point where you start chasing the 100% club and complaining about iRacing releasing new content :shepspends:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I own a whole bunch of iracing crap and all I ever drive is the miata.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

General RAARGH posted:

one of us

I didn't manage to jump out of my Blancpain Sprint race last night soon enough to actually join the Kamel GT race right after it, but I did fart around spectating / ghost driving for a bit. All of the turbo noise :allears:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Here's a lesson from Sunday's gooncar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJ-tpp1XyA

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Eyud, Mister Zimbu, and anyone else running the Merc in Petit this weekend. I grabbed these setups as new baselines. They're from the BSS series, so I'm assuming fuel will need to be added to the race setup:

Qual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bijzhm6gh8om75j/2016ratlantaQ%20v1.3.sto?dl=0
Race: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k7a7ky4l9slwzb/2016S3_ratlanta%20R%20V1.1.sto?dl=0

Here's the signup sheet. Feel free to make new tabs for other sessions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1nYY9l0O10izzEWBQWvEpkN2tEGS0faycxaQFfp-QE/edit#gid=523600649

e: Yep. Race setup needed to be topped off with ride height adjustments.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 21, 2016

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Cojawfee posted:

Here's a lesson from Sunday's gooncar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJ-tpp1XyA

You realise that the second pass I gave you the corner because of the first pass, right? Also on reflection I left more space than I thought, you just dived onto the grass like a wuss so :frogout:

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
If you're doing petit le mans, I'd say a good goal to shoot for before you're ready is 1:23; that was the fastest RUF time I saw and you should probably be faster than the slower class.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vando posted:

You realise that the second pass I gave you the corner because of the first pass, right? Also on reflection I left more space than I thought, you just dived onto the grass like a wuss so :frogout:

Lol you gave me enough space on a path that meant my car would only ever go into the grass.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
We call that the Formula One pass. Lift or you're wrecking.

As far as passing there or giving the corner, I feel like that's about the best spot to let someone by because you can control the pass, pick up their draft and pass them back into 1.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is like my favorite pass in indycar texas, stick behind them through turn 4 and make sure you can run low for the first corner of the tri-oval, they usually push high to run the right line and you have enough speed to dive left a bit and take the low line, now you are in position to complete the pass through 1&2 because the high line is awful there and they have to lift to not crash. I made this move about 5 times yesterday night.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Cojawfee posted:

Lol you gave me enough space on a path that meant my car would only ever go into the grass.

I mean, I *was* also yelling OH GOD I'M DRIFTING OUT SORRY COJA as soon as I turned in so acting like I'm being a dick isn't v cool, I already acknowledged what happened

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's just a fun video, bro.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah I'm laughin my frickin rear end off over here "ha check this out a guy fucks up and runs someone off the road accidentally, lets him past at next opportunity then dude acts like he's captain racecars and can pass people like it ain't no thing" gently caress me so hilarious

bro

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
You missed the point of his video, which was apparently "don't have accidents".

Here's an actual video which actually matters. For those of you driving Trucks now, who may not have driven TRUXXXXXX back in the day, here's the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEAqATUkkA

The old truck would kill you dead - the new truck just glides around on a cloud.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Petit Le Mans Mercs are using this race setup now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/euda9p98r0qq9mu/17723407_s0_lap18.sto?dl=0

There is also #petit-le-mans on Discord.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Post better, boys.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Here's an actual video which actually matters. For those of you driving Trucks now, who may not have driven TRUXXXXXX back in the day, here's the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEAqATUkkA

The old truck would kill you dead - the new truck just glides around on a cloud.

Pffft. That's nothing. Restarts during tire model 1.0 (like 2010) had comparable grip to restarting in the current infield grass. I'm really not exaggerating. Also they had apparently coded an ivisible sheet of ice across the bottom of the turn in Talladega's trioval. It was like the big green hand from Star Trek showed up and pushed your left rear panel. Better times.

While I'm pining for the old days in the new thread, rescanning Daytona was the worst thing they ever did. Those bumps own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

OhsH posted:

Post better, boys.

I'm trying.