Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I've never held a position of real responsibility and all my work can be retroactively fixed. So i've never really had one of these moments. But there must be some goons who are surgeons/prop traders/policemen or whatever. I'm wondering what your biggest 'oh poo poo,' heart-sinking, spine chilling moments of total clarity over what an idiot you've just been are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Clicking this thread! :xd:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

I wish therd was a way of betting on first replies.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Professor Shark posted:

lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This is not my beautiful thread. This is not my beautiful post.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I was like "lol, bet you can't get two dicks in there"

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

opus111 posted:

I've never held a position of real responsibility and all my work can be retroactively fixed. So i've never really had one of these moments. But there must be some goons who are surgeons/prop traders/policemen or whatever. I'm wondering what your biggest 'oh poo poo,' heart-sinking, spine chilling moments of total clarity over what an idiot you've just been are.

I trust you do realize that without your own backstory of your own "oh poo poo, heart-sinking, spine chilling moment of total clarity over what an idiot you've just been" this is just a post essentially saying "HAI GUYZ, WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT BUTTPLUGS?", right?

Quality in posting!

NEVER RELENT!

DO NOT ACCEPT INFERIOR BRANDS!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Professor Shark posted:

Nice

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Professor Shark posted:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This is not my beautiful thread. This is not my beautiful post.

Oh man, I just realised that the thread title isn't a Talking Heads reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

I guess that was my "oh my god... what the hell have I just done?" moment

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I was picking up a girl, had some drinks, took her home and discovered that not only did she not have a oval office but also not a dick but instead just nothing, exactly nothing between her legs and also no tits and my dick wouldnt fit in her mouth, i wouldnt be more disappointed than after clicking what looked like a promising thread and finding this.

gj op you loving idiot

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
I work as a psychiatric nurse in an acute setting. Couple months ago we had an older schizophrenic come in, bought in by police because he trashed his department of housing flat and the neighbors got worried about the animal sounds coming through the walls. I've known him for a while, he's a genuinely nice guy when he's well but at this point he was floridly psychotic. First thing he did on arrival to the ward was break a window and take a swing at a female nurse. Another male nurse and I grabbed him, restrianed him and dragged him into seclusion and got an order for 10mg midazolam (a heavy sedative) and 10mg haloperidol (a strong anti-psychotic) drawn up as an intramuscular injection and we give it to him whilst he's still restrained. Now the guys in his early 60's so I kept a fairly close eye on him. His blood pressure dropped to 90/40 and and pulse rate was down to 50. At this point I'm making GBS threads myself as I believe I've over sedated and potentially killed this guy. He eventually stabilized but it was probably the most frightening 2 hours of my life

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
*drops mic*

folandi posted:

I work as a psychiatric nurse in an acute setting. Couple months ago we had an older schizophrenic come in, bought in by police because he trashed his department of housing flat and the neighbors got worried about the animal sounds coming through the walls. I've known him for a while, he's a genuinely nice guy when he's well but at this point he was floridly psychotic. First thing he did on arrival to the ward was break a window and take a swing at a female nurse. Another male nurse and I grabbed him, restrianed him and dragged him into seclusion and got an order for 10mg midazolam (a heavy sedative) and 10mg haloperidol (a strong anti-psychotic) drawn up as an intramuscular injection and we give it to him whilst he's still restrained. Now the guys in his early 60's so I kept a fairly close eye on him. His blood pressure dropped to 90/40 and and pulse rate was down to 50. At this point I'm making GBS threads myself as I believe I've over sedated and potentially killed this guy. He eventually stabilized but it was probably the most frightening 2 hours of my life

Now, if we could only recreate this with Opus111 as the protagonist and this time you'll use 20 mg's of Midazolam and 20 mg's of Haloperidol, then I think things would sort themselves out eventually.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

autoaim.cfg posted:

Now, if we could only recreate this with Opus111 as the protagonist and this time you'll use 20 mg's of Midazolam and 20 mg's of Haloperidol, then I think things would sort themselves out eventually.

If by 'sort out' you mean 'heart explodes' then very yes

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
*drops mic*

folandi posted:

If by 'sort out' you mean 'heart explodes' then very yes

Thou haveth touched on the very fiber of my desire. Truly my very heart beats for this purpose and this purpose alone. Let no man come betwixt this feverish dream of mine and its fulfillment, lest I be reduced to a man less than merry than my current disposition!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

autoaim.cfg posted:

Thou haveth touched on the very fiber of my desire. Truly my very heart beats for this purpose and this purpose alone. Let no man come betwixt this feverish dream of mine and its fulfillment, lest I be reduced to a man less than merry than my current disposition!

go back to the awkward decade that spawned you and stay there

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
*drops mic*

whoflungpoop posted:

go back to the awkward decade that spawned you and stay there

What say you, sir? Have you no tongue for this merry banter?
Oh, be it that I may have a bushel of grain to stuff thine foul mouth, for in such an act though wouldst eventually produce plentiful of manure, to spread upon these barren forums of ours so they may be nourished and grow rich with posts of gilded quality and splendor!!!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Thought this was "Thoughts after masturbation" thread. feeling shame yet again :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You may say to yourself "This person that I am seeing right here, this person is not my wife at all, no sir!"

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Talking heads = win
Autoaim.cfg = faglord.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
*drops mic*

opus111 posted:

Autoaim.cfg = faglord.

Such wit faces me at my wit's end.

I must yield to the razor sharp mind that has produced such a scathing comment, lest the wicked lash of his tongue doth tear the skin of my mortal coil and render me unable to fend in the face of such an intellectual Colossus.

Verily, my Good Sir, you have bested me with thine exemplary posting!

Shame be upon my House!

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was trying to install server 2003 on an IBM system x machine and accidentally formatted/installed to the external HD backup device. Eventually got Windows installed and logged in to start restoring... but the external was named "local drive" instead, and the only folder inside was the windows folder... an entire database full of hundreds of thousands of records had been in there before I butt hosed it up...

It's like a white hot feeling that starts behind your eyeballs and spreads to your stomach. I just wanted to throw up and go get a job as a garbage man instead.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The first time I found out that "pulling out" isn't really the most reliable form of birth control.

Actually no. It was the second time I learned that lesson that stung the most.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I once was very stupid and decided to update a record in an SQL database manually

I forgot to include a WHERE clause.

That was a fun evening of restoring from backups!

(For non-nerds: if you tell SQL to change a value in a record but don't specify which record(s) to update, it overwrites everything)

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Quote-Unquote posted:

I once was very stupid and decided to update a record in an SQL database manually

I forgot to include a WHERE clause.

That was a fun evening of restoring from backups!

(For non-nerds: if you tell SQL to change a value in a record but don't specify which record(s) to update, it overwrites everything)

Did a random MBA suggest using "ctrl-z" ? I have a macro attached to one of my extra keyboard buttons that's just a handy email template for our dumbass MBA that doesn't know a god drat thing about anything and needs to get fired:

Chris,

Shut the gently caress up.

Thanks,
Dave

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

opus111 posted:

I was the doctor who performed your moms abortion, oopsie daisey

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

opus111 posted:

but you made this thread so................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
OP, I have some great news! PYF is like three spots below GBS now, so it's even easier to make a thoughtless post and expect other people to pickup the slack you loving entitled millenial garbage fire

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Frankenstyle posted:

The first time I found out that "pulling out" isn't really the most reliable form of birth control.

Actually no. It was the second time I learned that lesson that stung the most.

Heh I pulled out for like six years and never had a problem. :unsmith:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If you have a business degree, get the gently caress out of this thread right now. Nothing you do matters and your wife is cheating on you.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

reignofevil posted:

Heh I pulled out for like six years and never had a problem. :unsmith:

Maybe your hand is infertile.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think i've successfully repressed most of those memories

dumbest thing i ever did was probably hiking on an island off of hong kong and i kept going up when the sun was going down and then it was dark and i was lost and long story short i got to ride in a helicopter and then take the train back to my hotel covered in sap, mud and scratches

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Frankenstyle posted:

Maybe your hand is infertile.

LOL

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Working on a phone switch at a coast guard station, trying to add an additional phone line. I wasn't aware of why the current hardware was configured the way it was and cannibalized some parts to add the phone line, which took down the caller ID function of all the phone lines, including the emergency line used for search and rescue calls.

When I tried to reverse my hardware changes on the circuit board, the backplane snapped off on one of the 10 year old cards, bringing all their phone lines down. Even though I eventually fixed it around midnight and still had a 3 hour drive home, that was the moment I felt that lovely iron grip feeling around my stomach and cold sweat. I hate doing IT poo poo... Good thing it's only my loving job.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Set a patient on fire once, made national news.

http://www.emsworld.com/news/10341428/fire-didnt-contribute-to-connecticut-womans-death
Back story to this was it was raining that night, and the patient was on a metal pole stretcher and still wet causing the defib paddles to arc setting the oxygen bag valve mask that was on the patients face ablaze.

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 8, 2016

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh man, I just realised that the thread title isn't a Talking Heads reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

I guess that was my "oh my god... what the hell have I just done?" moment

i mean look at this guy

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

Whoa buddy, there ain't enough Rolaids for THAT heartburn! :dukedoge:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Airborne Viking posted:

OP, I have some great news! PYF is like three spots below GBS now, so it's even easier to make a thoughtless post and expect other people to pickup the slack you loving entitled millenial garbage fire

Most of my threads do quite well and facilitate pretty good discussion whereas youre a permanently angry goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Also pick up is two words, dumbass

• Locked thread