Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Iphones are for dumdums and phonies. I fukkin hate phonies. Brb going into the rye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I've never seen the macrumours fanboys so angry at apple before.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Or is that a new feature of the 7

I think they have their own new bullshit protocol for the 7 hence the special wireless earbuds, may be wrong though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

has anyone itt ever used the Continuum feature? trip report?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

notZaar posted:

But we did get those things. It's just that nobody liked them.

But wearable tech for rich people though!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Remember those iconic commercials and posters for the iPod (not the iPhone I know). All that's poo poo now

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Congrats Apple you finally convinced me to go Android.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Apple? More like snapple, crapple, and pop

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

No headphone jack but they include a dongle with the phone. $9 for a new one if you lose it. The dongle plugs into the same power port as the charger so you can't charge your phone and use headphones at the same time.

But don't worry, for $169 you can get wireless earbud things (I loving hate earbuds and earpods and whatever) which have a 5 hr battery life.

what in the gently caress are they thinking?

Maybe they're going to bring ipods back since phone sales are declining.

Though joking aside, I'm not sure even the biggest apple consumers would fall for that at this point.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It was the perfect size for my dilz :(

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm not a teenager so I don't need headphones so this is OK, I guess.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk I still use headphones when on planes or otherwise traveling

I def plug my helmet in to my phone when snowboarding

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Justin Godscock posted:

I'm not a teenager so I don't need headphones so this is OK, I guess.

????

shiftless
May 18, 2005

It's too bad they don't sell any models with headphone jacks. Every phone call I make is with the headphones on so they can't listen in.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Classic goon opinion, "I don't care about thing because I'm not a child, only a child would care about thing"

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

shiftless posted:

It's too bad they don't sell any models with headphone jacks. Every phone call I make is with the headphones on so they can't listen in.
Every model has a headphone jack. It's just included in the box instead of built into the phone.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm gonna get the 7+ so I can take stereoscopic pictures of my dilz.

shiftless
May 18, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

Every model has a headphone jack. It's just included in the box instead of built into the phone.

We all know this but everyone is going to complain otherwise :)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Sadly enough my 160 gb ipod got retired to a shoebox because the headphone jack won't relay sound reliably anymore.

It's probably the cheapest component of the drat ipod too, but I'm too scared to risk opening it up and replacing it.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 8, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know what would be cool is like shared listening zones, so if you got some wireless headphones you can share what you're listening to and see what other people are sharing and everyone can tune in and have a little headphone party. :slick:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No Jack City

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i buy iphones for the worst reason, because they feel solidly built compared to opposing plasticky smart phones

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

my flip phone doesn't have a headphone jack

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
In the early ipod days, thieves used to look out for people wearing apple earbuds as a sign they had a valuable ipod to steal. Now, they'll just steal the $169 wireless earbuds.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Oh man my ear pods died, I have to charge them in the ear pod case, but the ear pod case is dead so I have to charge that first. But the charging ports are being taken up by my cigarette and my book.

The future is stupid.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jfood posted:

my flip phone doesn't have a headphone jack

How have you not broken your flip phone jfc. :stare:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You know what would be cool is like shared listening zones, so if you got some wireless headphones you can share what you're listening to and see what other people are sharing and everyone can tune in and have a little headphone party. :slick:

Until someone hijacks the listening zones to play Wesley Willis songs all day and someone gets murdered

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestonJew posted:

Until someone hijacks the listening zones to play Wesley Willis songs all day and someone gets murdered

Yeah it's all fun until someone tries to suck a cheetahs dick. :smith:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Can we all agree that the only truly cool phone is that sliding thing Neo uses in the Matrix

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
What would be cool is if everyone had Bluetooth headphones and an iTunes account then and only then could you get a bunch of friends together and listen to music

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone remember Windows phones? lol.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

Classic goon opinion, "I don't care about thing because I'm not a child, only a child would care about thing"

it at least has some logic to it if people are talking about video games or superheroes or cartoons. but headphones? im gonna need an explanation on that one

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Agent Escalus posted:

Now we just have to see if it affects the audio quality

the potential for a direct lightning port to headphone allows for a purely digital connection which would increase the quality. headphone jacks are for analog scrubs.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah but that'll make the RIAA have a poo poo fit.

Parallax Scroll posted:

it at least has some logic to it if people are talking about video games or superheroes or cartoons. but headphones? im gonna need an explanation on that one

you already got one

people use headphones all the time while exercising, traveling, or doing any number of other activities where they would like to listen to music but aren't around speakers or don't want to bother others

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
My Beats by Dre sound great through the chargehole

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
But seriously does anyone know the best way to replace the headphone jack on a 6th gen ipod

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

Does anyone remember Windows phones? lol.

I had a Zune for about a week until the clicky selector thing stopped working. I returned it and bought an iPod.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

texasmed posted:

the potential for a direct lightning port to headphone allows for a purely digital connection which would increase the quality. headphone jacks are for analog scrubs.

"Ahh yes, finally my music sounds logical" *has aspergers, doesn't understand how speakers work*

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Soylent Yellow posted:

In the early ipod days, thieves used to look out for people wearing apple earbuds as a sign they had a valuable ipod to steal. Now, they'll just steal the $169 wireless earbuds.

They can't steal what you'll likely lose in a couch cushion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

texasmed posted:

oh this reminds me; Bluetooth lags a bit doesn't it? Like if I have a YouTube video on and it is hooked up to my car's bluetooth the video is a couple seconds ahead of the audio (by the time it gets piped to my car and then to the speakers).

I guess they have that figured out but if not it is going to make watching videos on your phone with those Air Pod things useless.

Maybe that's that proprietary bluetooth the other poster mentioned although in that case if it doesn't work with my car then it is also useless lol.

• Locked thread