Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Pinterest Mom posted:

Seriously tho,

Somber is responding to an obvious fakeclaim by dongs w a hedgy post indicating that he like 70% believes it and regrets having to vote me, and asking me to explain. That's 100% scum Somber.

youre an obvious fakeclaim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

I don't get the party discussion w/r/t to dongs, maybe I'm missing something. We already know there are four different parties and some independents in the senate. Is the presumption that dongs scum slipped about that based around the thought that "All scum must belong to a single party?" Because, while that's possible, I think it's unlikely.

there's a town lion flip in the sample flip so i don't think it's that easy.

every time i scroll past that list of weapons i start giggling uncontrollably.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

He was clearly joking

no,

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

every time i scroll past that list of weapons i start giggling uncontrollably.

actually both political parties are evil and we need to get ron paul in power - eccoraven, 2016

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

actually both political parties are evil and we need to get ron paul in power - eccoraven, 2016

i've been trying to work out some jill stein/frankenstein's monster pun for like seven minutes.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
To be fair all of the political parties are kind of poo poo in one way or another.

I mean, the gulls are kind of okay once you remember that Arrentia probably would try to invade, but it's not like isolationism really works anyways :shrug:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Right, thanks for clarifying. I don't think, then, that "All town are Lions" is the right take away from that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Lord of Hats posted:

To be fair all of the political parties are kind of poo poo in one way or another.

I mean, the gulls are kind of okay once you remember that Arrentia probably would try to invade, but it's not like isolationism really works anyways :shrug:

Gulls rule :colbert:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm at lunch and can check in now whatup

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Right, thanks for clarifying. I don't think, then, that "All town are Lions" is the right take away from that.

wow you might as well claim now you didgeridoo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

wow you might as well claim now you didgeridoo

chaoslord posted:

Gulls rule :colbert:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

Well obviously, i'm a glubglub.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

How do the Pinks even get elected anyways, there can't be enough wealthy descendants of nobility kicking around to be a viable voting bloc.

Are they just like, bribing people to vote for the Pinks or something.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
what i want to know is what the gently caress happened to arrentia. jocasta rolling in her grave right now.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

How do the Pinks even get elected anyways, there can't be enough wealthy descendants of nobility kicking around to be a viable voting bloc.

monarchists like eccoraven literally is

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

what i want to know is what the gently caress happened to arrentia. jocasta rolling in her grave right now.

It's a giant imperialistic empire, so basically exactly what Jocasta would have wanted.

I mean, unless you're talking about why they aren't invading right now, but I think that's a "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" situation.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's a giant imperialistic empire, so basically exactly what Jocasta would have wanted.

I mean, unless you're talking about why they aren't invading right now, but I think that's a "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" situation.

okay good, i just got concerned about trading with fish people.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

For reals.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I questioned dongs because I'm a fish. I wanted to see if he would just pull a party out of no where or if scum somehow weren't totally aware that town could be more than just the lion party.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Gerrymandering, my friend.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

i've been trying to work out some jill stein/frankenstein's monster pun for like seven minutes.

back when bernie lost but wasn't conceding my trivia team called ourselves Jill Frankenstein's Monster.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wow, might as well add the triple parentheses there Nixon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

how can an opposition party shut down government in a parliamentary system

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

reminder for page 8 that somber is scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

how can an opposition party shut down government in a parliamentary system

it is a mystery, perhaps in the future you should consult this fictional country on how to effectively run a republican government.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Wow, might as well add the triple parentheses there Nixon

our usual team name was "Hookers for Hillary" and we were once accosted by a bernie bro checking to see our allegiances.

Somberbrero posted:

you may not know this but Max played Jocasta in a prequel soldiers game earlier this year!

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Somber's catch on LOH' padding is the best thing I've seen so far in a relative vacuum, but PMom's flipout in response to the next joke is worse. So glad I have game to study. Thank you everyone for actually playing. :D
##unvote
##vote PinterestMom

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

reminder for page 8 that somber is scum

you seriously thought for a second that there was anything serious about his vote?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

you seriously thought for a second that there was anything serious about his vote?

Why are you asking a question you know the answer to in an outraged tone?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Pinterest Mom (4): dongsbot, Somber, TremTa, KFC

Grandicap (1): Birdstrike
BottleKnight (1): chaoslord
Somberbrero (1): PMom

Tremendous Taste (0): dongsbot, -dongsbot
dongsbot 9000 (0): KFC, Max, -Max, PMom, TremTa, -PMom, -TremTa, -KFC

:h: 15 / 8
:d: Deadline Monday, September 19th, ~11PM EDT.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you asking a question you know the answer to in an outraged tone?

Dramatic effect.

DId you think his content was scummy? You didn't like his read on the lord of hats post?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've said why I'm voting Somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why do you have a sniper rifle pin??? answer the question!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Somber's catch on LOH' padding is the best thing I've seen so far in a relative vacuum, but PMom's flipout in response to the next joke is worse. So glad I have game to study. Thank you everyone for actually playing. :D
##unvote
##vote PinterestMom

I think Somber's vote on Pinterest makes more sense as a calculated scum play than Pinterest's flipout does. If Pinterest disregards it, Somber can play it off as a joke, and doesn't risk anything. If Pinterest reacts, they're the one that looks suspicious for being touchy, and if they do manage to start turning it around on Somber, it can still be played off as a joke.

Pinterest flipping out has basically no upside and brings a shitload of suspicion.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It was clearly a joke from the beginning to anyone with eyes

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Well yeah, obviously it wasn't a serious vote. But it's also a no-risk way to prod Pinterest into speaking up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think Somber's vote on Pinterest makes more sense as a calculated scum play than Pinterest's flipout does. If Pinterest disregards it, Somber can play it off as a joke, and doesn't risk anything. If Pinterest reacts, they're the one that looks suspicious for being touchy, and if they do manage to start turning it around on Somber, it can still be played off as a joke.

Pinterest flipping out has basically no upside and brings a shitload of suspicion.

##unvote this line of thinking makes me extremely uncomfortable. i thought dong's post was really really funny, something about blowdart tubes and sniper rifles had me genuinely laughing out loud. Pin's reaction seems like a stupid play for scum. I feel better about you as scum because you're almost aggressively avoiding making alignment calls. Lotsa weasel words.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is it because you have a crush on him and the traditional hair pulling on the playground route wasn't giving the desired results anymore?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gentlemen please i'm entirely too emotionally available for this much attention

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

But seriously though, refusing to go back to your 1 or 2 vote reasoning is odd. Why the hardline stance. It isn't like you've been shouting the same thing from the rafters such that anyone can go back and look, you said a thing, you voted.

Why the hard line rhetoric?

##vote PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

People acting irrationally, well I never!

• Locked thread